November 2017 Moms

Here for the sex! USE THIS THREAD!

Re: Here for the sex! USE THIS THREAD!

• bcashawbcashaw member
    @misskay913 there is one somewhere but I seem to remember us having a strangely large amount of multiple births in it an couldn't figure out if it was broken or what was going on. 
  • @bcashaw first, let me say that I have found out the gender will all of my pregnancies because I wanted to. I did tell people and even though we had some people give rude comments about the gender (especially when I had my third boy), it was easier for me to handle their comments before I met DS3. Once I met him, if anyone said anything like "oh, he's cute, but too bad it's another boy." I either cried or freaked out at them, or both. And fortunately that didn't happen often, because most people knew from our gender announcement and already made their comments. So I was happy to get most of the snark out of the way, during the pregnancy and not in front of my baby boy. That being said, if you don't want to tell DH or anyone else, I'd still go for it and try to keep a secret. I know me, and I'd probably slip up either with pronouns or buying something that would be a give away, but if you can do it, go you!! And you can always tell us!! We won't tell anyone!! :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmessamore wtf?! Why are people snarky about something you have no control over??

• @DuchessOfCambridge yup...not so much with DS1&2, but there were a couple comments here and there. With DS3, there were a lot of awful comments. Like "well, you guys are done now, right? That stinks that you'll never have a girl." Ummm we never said we were "done" and if we never had a girl, I l would still have 3 amazing sons and a step son and step daughter, so back the heck up! 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    edited May 2017
    @cmessamore I have started planting the seed of my doubt. The other day I used male pronouns and told DH that I'm really not sure what the baby is and it doesn't feel like a boy or a girl now. 
    That being said I am still on the fence about me finding  out 
    ETA. People suck 
  • @bcashaw I'm not sure if I'll find out either. I really enjoyed being team green with my daughter. But my husband is dying to know. If he found out he wouldn't be able to keep it from me, but I think we would be able to keep it from everyone else still (which is the best part of being team green). So I told my husband if we did decide to find out, I would let him come up with a fun way to reveal it to me, since I always get to surprise him with the pregnancy news. 
  • bcashawbcashaw member
    @ooodalollly that's a cute idea. I wonder what he will come up with if he chooses to decide 
  • @bcashaw I'm interested to see because he usually has weird ideas.  :D
  • We found out the sex of DD2 and told everyone but we didn't tell anyone the name we picked. Drove everyone crazy but we didn't want anyone's unwanted opinions on the name we chose. We just kept telling people the worst names we could think of were names in the running. Her name is Madeline Marie and after she was born and everyone saw her we got nothing but love on the name. 
  • @am+mommy We did the same, announced the name after birth. With DD2 SOs mom didn't like the name at first and said, "Well you still have time to change it." while we were in the hospital. It was so. rude.
  • I have a question and maybe this should wait until Sunday but it goes with this tread...When you do genetic testing for chromosomal abnormalities, does it automatically do the gender too? I'm on team green and hoping it's elective, my doctor didn't say anything to me about finding out the gender with this test. 
  • @Furmommy It depends on the test. If you just did the NT/sequential screen, then it won't show sex. If you did the NIPT, then it will. You can always ask your doctor not to tell  you when you go over it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @kissthesky32 Thank you for the info! :)
  • @Furmommy, we did the Harmony testing and it was an optional add on for me. 
  • KLink15KLink15 member
    Gah, we won't know until our anatomy scan but seeing all of your posts makes me wish we were finding out sooner!!!! Most people think it's a boy DH and myself included. We will be happy with whatever we get but I am getting impatient!
  • @am+mommy we did the same for DS2. We didn't want people's unwanted opinions of our name choice. It was driving people nuts trying to figure out his name. After DS was born, my husband put DS name on the white board in my room for all to see. 

We were going to be team green but my blood test automatically reports the baby's sex so I figured we'd find out. This is our last child so I wanted it to be a surprise but honestly, I'm not sure I can wait knowing the results are right there. SIL is more excited to know than we are. She keeps asking how we are going to do the reveal. We live in a different state than all of our family so we'd have to do a zoom call or send them a video. I've thought about keeping the sex a secret from everyone but I'm not sure how we can do that once we start decorating the nursery and famlily comes for a weekend visit. I just hate that so many people are more focused on the sex of the baby rather than any abnormalities the testing could show. I'm almost 43 so I'm very nervous about the results. Granted the NT scan was perfect, but the blood work could still show abnormalities. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cwalker042  I'm so happy for you!!!!! 
  • @TallMomma29 did you find out yours yet? I apologize if I missed your post.
  • @cmessamore awesome!! Doesn't it feel surreal??! I guess eventually I became a "boy mom" and this seems shocking. So exciting though!
  • Did you want to find out @bcashaw? Or did you say you didn't want to and they showed you anyway? Just asking because I remember you saying you wanted to be Team Green - I hope they didn't ruin it for you!

• bcashawbcashaw member
    edited June 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've been really flip flopping and then while there I asked to see and figured if I could tell then I would know and if I couldn't then to a sign. I am not telling anyone other than you Internet strangers that I know.

Eta: I'm also so surprised that I was able to tell and it was so obvious because they couldn't get some of the pictures they needed and they were literally chasing him around my belly. They didn't even get a good profile shot really because he was all over the place.