November 2016 Moms

HDBD 5/31

lets see those babies!

Re: HDBD 5/31

• Loading the player...
  • @Ladybug2821 that is some expression!
  • @Ladybug2821 that is some expression!
    She always makes funny faces. She's definitely going to be like me.  I can't hide what I'm thinking because my face tells it all  :#.
  • @SandNStarsNJ I hope you're right! Of course we want 3 or 4 so I may be pushing it to get lucky every time lol
  • @SandNStarsNJ I hope you're right! Of course we want 3 or 4 so I may be pushing it to get lucky every time lol
    That's where we were at, but DH wants to cap it at two... we're in negotiations.  o:)
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • kvrunskvruns member
    The idea of 3-4 kids blows my mind, I know people do it but that just seems so difficult to me LOL.  My parents had 3 of us in 3.5 years which I also can't fathom
  • kvruns said:
    The idea of 3-4 kids blows my mind, I know people do it but that just seems so difficult to me LOL.  My parents had 3 of us in 3.5 years which I also can't fathom
    I'm right there with you. S is truly a handful. I'm leaning towards wanting one more but admittedly I was rethinking that for awhile until S was around 6 months or so.  My SIL just had her second set of twins and the first set isn't turning 2 until next month. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm scared of 2 under 2, 4 is insane!!
  • As soon as my husband and I agreed to have a baby, I told him we were having more than one. My mom only had one child and I was basically alone when my parents got divorced, my grandparents died and when my mom got dementia. I know not everyone can have more than one and it's not right for everyone but I would feel so guilty if I left A in the position I'm in.
  • I'm right there with you. S is truly a handful. I'm leaning towards wanting one more but admittedly I was rethinking that for awhile until S was around 6 months or so.  My SIL just had her second set of twins and the first set isn't turning 2 until next month. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm scared of 2 under 2, 4 is insane!!
    Holy. Crap.

As soon as my husband and I agreed to have a baby, I told him we were having more than one. My mom only had one child and I was basically alone when my parents got divorced, my grandparents died and when my mom got dementia. I know not everyone can have more than one and it's not right for everyone but I would feel so guilty if I left A in the position I'm in.
    I'm so sorry. That is a tough break. Grow that family of yours!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    As soon as my husband and I agreed to have a baby, I told him we were having more than one. My mom only had one child and I was basically alone when my parents got divorced, my grandparents died and when my mom got dementia. I know not everyone can have more than one and it's not right for everyone but I would feel so guilty if I left A in the position I'm in.

Thats what I'm scared of.
    As being a one parent I would not want my LO to be left alone once I'm gone. 
    I saw how much support my mum had from her siblings when both her parents died within months from each other.
    My sister and I are from two different worlds, yet when sh*t hits the fan, she'll be there and visaversa.
    Yet I don't know if I manage to have another one. 
    Getting pregnant was one tough road (and bloody expensive), my pregnancy was hell, the delivery nearly killed me and the first weeks was well hell too. 

Id love a full house though, but it frightens me to do it all again on my own. 
    Hoping that that knight in shining armour pops by soon!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• kvrunskvruns member
    @tvh1982 if you find an extra one of those knights can you send one my way too LOL

• @tvh1982 does your sister have kids? I think I would have felt differently if my mom's family weren't living in a different country and my cousins were nearby. Also if my half siblings were better people. But they're not.
  • @RhodaMorgenstern I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm not in nearly the position you're in, but I'm an only child and my parents got divorced when I was 10 and neither of them are remarried. I constantly feel guilty on holidays if we spend them with DH's family because I'm always leaving someone alone, and the weight of putting on holidays, etc. always falls on my shoulders. I feel like I can never enjoy holidays because I'm always overstressed trying to entertain and take care of my parents, or I'm crippled by guilt imagining them spending whatever holidays it is alone. They are both currently healthy, but the thought of the future as they age and eventually will not be able to take care of themselves definitely weighs on me  :/
  • @mrsmoose5 I am totally with you on the holidays. When I started dating my husband, I found splitting holidays so stressful that my stomach was upset the entire time we were away. There's no easy solution at all.
  • leighryleighry member
    @MrsMaryK2016 you can do it! I am one of four. I think my husband would have been fine to stop at 2 but we had talked about 4 kids and even though Nicholas was a little bit of a surprise (timing wise) it's been great. I'm so happy we have our 4 kids and our oldest isn't 6 yet so we had them close together. And knock on wood... all our kids were fairly easy. Good sleepers good eaters.. our 2nd had reflux which was hard for a little bit but then we got her on Medicine and it was fine. It's a lot of work don't get me wrong but so worth it to now go forward with a big family. It's so nice to have all our siblings.. eventually cousins. I wouldn't trade it!!
  • @leighry Yay! It's nice to hear all the success stories! Although I've never met anyone who had a big family say they regret it. The only negative reactions I get are from those with two kids lol
  • @desoky01 whoa! He is incredible! No stopping him now
  • leighryleighry member
    @MrsMaryK2016  just be prepared to get some eye rolls or looks or even rude comments like "are they ALL yours?" Or "wow.. 4.. on purpose?" Those are ones that have actually been said to me. I also got the "oh now that you had a boy will you stop?"  But people are assholes.. so. You just have to brush that off and realize they're dumb haha. I feel like bigger families are 
    .... Not necessarily "frowned upon" but just maybe not understood by some people. Yes it's a lot of work. Yes kids cost money and such. But I knew I wanted a big family and like I said I don't regret it. Our girls get a long and love their brother and they will always have someone to hang out with. My dad was one of 7.. we aren't going there though haha
  • @rhodamorgenstern; my sister has two girls of 6 and 8.
    I moved back to my home country so that my LO would have a relationship with them. There's this age difference, but the oldest is the most kindest girl I know so she'll definitely will look out for my LO. The youngest is a cutie pie too, but she's a regular 6 year old, she'll be there for the fun parts.

If I find him @kvruns I'll check if he comes with more of his kind. Although I start to believe that everyone is right and that what I look for doesn't exist.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers