November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms: 5/29

It's a new week! Let's reset. 

And to all the American ladies, happy Memorial Day!
Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: Weekly Randoms: 5/29

• Options
    It's pouring rain here and we all have off today. I'm having no problem navigating those conditions but DH looks like he might break. I get one situated and entertained and move on to the next, he sits down with the first and that one starts to lose his/her mind and so on. I'm starting to feel a little bad for him. 
  • Options
    We have always had one car but bought a new one in October right before M was born. 
    This weekend something happened to one and we can't drive it until my uncle (who's a mechanic) gets a part and does some work on so H tool my car to work today. 
    While I don't usually do a whole lot during the week the fact I CANT is making me stir crazy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kristah2 we've talked about going down to one car but I'm nervous about it for this reason. 
  • Options
    I know for myself that I would NEED to have a car. I'm not a homebody and I take S out at least once a day on the weekend while I'm off. Even staying home while sleep training has been difficult and that is even with taking her out to the pool and for walks. 
  • Options
    I find this conversation hilarious; I don't have a license. I told my husband I'd get my license once we moved to Baltimore but somehow the time to practice never happened. I'll do it when my mom goes into a home but I am so dreading it.
  • Options
    Has anyone's LO experienced hives?  I was getting S ready for bed and noticed she had a rash/hives on her chest and belly. She wasn't acting any different and wasn't scratching the area so I don't think it's bothering her but it's freaking me out. I know I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'll worry about it and have to keep checking her. I did take her outside today and we laid on a blanket on the grass. Maybe an ant or something bit her?  I wouldn't have had a clue if I wasn't changing her clothes. I gave her a bath but don't know what else I should do. She went to sleep on her own without crying at all and was completely normal otherwise. Is this an ER type of situation?  H is just cool and calm like it's not a big deal. Hopefully I'm over reacting. 
  • Options
    Success! my uncle came over and fixed the car this evening!! H is sort of sad because he likes driving my car better since its brand new and has Bluetooth, keyless start etc versus his 2006 with ZERO bells and whistles. 
    Just watch, we probably won't even go anywhere tomorrow. That's life. I just like the option. 

@RhodaMorgenstern I'd be so lost if I didn't have my license at this point! Though H does all the driving when we're together. 
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 M sometimes gets them on his back. Would definitely look like bug bites. 
    His has been once when we had a cold and the last couple days but it is teething related. 
    Maybe it's one of those! 
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 did your LO try anything new today (food wise)? 
    I find driving terrifying. Especially in Baltimore. Maryland drivers are the worst I've ever seen. And I've lived in NY and MA. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @RhodaMorgenstern does Baltimore have a good public transit system or are you able to walk everywhere?
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    That's awesome @SandNStarsNJ
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 did your LO try anything new today (food wise)? 
    I find driving terrifying. Especially in Baltimore. Maryland drivers are the worst I've ever seen. And I've lived in NY and MA. 
    Nope, nothing new food wise. The only thing I can think is a bug bite. Or maybe something they spray on the grass. Baltimore drivers are the best!!!  We know where we're going and how to get there fast lol. Now FL drivers on the other hand are HORRIBLE!!  They have no sense of urgency and don't pay attention to anything. I see an accident pretty much every day. The main highway that goes through Orlando is the worst in the US for accidents. 
  • Options
    Hahahahaha @Ladybug2821 I feel like the problem with Baltimore drivers is that they're in too much of a hurry! Our neighborhood doesn't really have stoplights, mainly 4 way stop signs and no one ever stops. They act like they're doing you're a favor by letting you cross. I almost got hit by a car (while 7 months pregnant) crossing a 6 lane road. I had the light but thI guy tried to turn on red and was upset that my waddling behind was slow. He laid on his horn so I flipped him off and stood there until the walking man went away.
    @kvruns it's mainly more walkable. When I lived in NY, the subways were always breaking down or having delays so I would frequently get off and walk several city avenues over to get on an alternate route. So I feel like I do less walking here than I did when I was in NY. A's daycare is 15 minutes walking from my house and my office is 10 minutes further. And Baltimore never gets too cold but we'll see about the summer...
  • Options
    Has anyone's LO experienced hives?  I was getting S ready for bed and noticed she had a rash/hives on her chest and belly. She wasn't acting any different and wasn't scratching the area so I don't think it's bothering her but it's freaking me out. I know I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'll worry about it and have to keep checking her. I did take her outside today and we laid on a blanket on the grass. Maybe an ant or something bit her?  I wouldn't have had a clue if I wasn't changing her clothes. I gave her a bath but don't know what else I should do. She went to sleep on her own without crying at all and was completely normal otherwise. Is this an ER type of situation?  H is just cool and calm like it's not a big deal. Hopefully I'm over reacting. 
    Hives are common thing in my family. We all have pretty sensitive skin. It could be sensitivity to something outside, a food, a detergent, a lotion, if someone was wearing perfume - anything! And it could be a new sensitivity to something LO hadn't had a reaction to before. If there's no extreme itching and no signs of discomfort, you're totally fine, no need for the ER. I would use some calendula lotion on the hives themselves and simply monitor their appearance. And remember that warm water can sometimes make them appear worse, so the bath might make them appear more severe for a little while. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ladybug2821Ladybug2821 member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks ladies!  I had a horrible sleep last night and just kept checking on her. When she woke up this morning, the hives were completely gone so I have no idea what was going on. THe only other thing different yesterday was her babysitter was over for a visit. Maybe she had on perfume or maybe S had a reaction to the detergent on her clothes. She just has the most sensitive skin. She has eczema and gets diaper rashes super easy. I don't know where she gets this from. 
  • Options
    @RhodaMorgenstern Yeah I can say we are a-hole drivers lol. We definitely don't have patience.  But I would act differently towards a pregnant woman crossing and women with children. I used to hate when the grown men would just walk out into the middle of the street, not at a crosswalk, and take their good ole time crossing. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I had a horrible sleep last night and just kept checking on her. When she woke up this morning, the hives were completely gone so I have no idea what was going on. THe only other thing different yesterday was her babysitter was over for a visit. Maybe she had on perfume or maybe S had a reaction to the detergent on her clothes. She just has the most sensitive skin. She has eczema and gets diaper rashes super easy. I don't know where she gets this from. 
    It could be anything. I woke up with hives this morning - no idea why. LO had hives overtime someone new held him for the first 4 months; it's slowly getting better now. Glad they're gone today for you!
  • Options
    I found an empty bottle in the diaper bag that had grown some mold. Should I salvage it by cleaning and sterilizing or just throw away?  
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 as someone who gags at the sight of mold, throw it away. Double bag it and throw it away.
  • Options
    I had to take my dog to the vet this morning and now I get to spend however long chasing my dog around the backyard trying to get him to pee in a cup... wish me luck. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @ladybug2821 I'd throw it away (and I'm cheap)

@kristah2 how in the world do you do that 
  • Options
    @kristah2 my dog that passed away in February, had a lip in her vulva (can't make this up) and got frequent UTIs. The trick is to walk them on the leash and bring a cheap Tupperware to stick under as soon as they lift their legs. Preferably while wearing gloves. Good luck!
  • Options
    @RhodaMorgenstern any advice for a boy dog that still squats to pee? Every time I go to slip the cup under there he just stops. It's super frustrating!!
  • Options
    My dog was a girl. Once he starts sniffing a tree, subtly put the Tupperware on the ground. When he squats, nudge it under him. But yeah, it's tons of fun. And give lots of treats when you finally catch it in the Tupperware because you'll have to do it again in a few weeks to retest.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    H has a coworker with a baby a month younger than ours. That boy is 30 lbs - so like 5 months and 30 lbs. dang! He's EBF straight from the tap
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Wow, that's one big baby @kvruns. That's almost twice my LO :open_mouth:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I'd trow it out @ladybug2821, unless you are 100% sure you can clean it. 
    If mold isn't properly cleaned your LO could be staying ill/getting ill every time you use that bottle.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @Ladybug2821 my older daughter had hives a few times and I discovered it was because she was overheated. She was 2/3 yrs old and didn't say she felt hot or act differently. She was still running around and playing like normal. The hives freaked me out, but after calling the nurse hotline it was concluded on more than one occasion it was from heat. 
  • Options
    @camcbeth That could've been a possibility because but we were outside about an hour prior. It was in the upper 90s. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I know that feeling. A started holding her own bottle about a month ago. She gets aggressive and bats your hand away when you try to prop it. I got a little verklempt the first time she did it to me.
  • Options
    @RhodaMorgenstern- I love that you used the word verklempt!
  • Options
    Hahahaha, @lajoliedreamer I'm from NY and my siblings are Jewish. I apologized to A's teacher last week because she had schmutz all over face from breakfast. She looked at me like I had two heads. I thought everyone knew what schmutz was!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I totally forgot about pumping when I dressed for work. I have on a "sucker in " tank top (aka shapeware/spanx type) under my shirt bc I needed a tank and it was all I could find. Uhh this thing is not conducive to pulling up for pumping. I feel like I need to take it all off to pump bc right now it's cutting off my circulation pulled up 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I totally forgot about pumping when I dressed for work. I have on a "sucker in " tank top (aka shapeware/spanx type) under my shirt bc I needed a tank and it was all I could find. Uhh this thing is not conducive to pulling up for pumping. I feel like I need to take it all off to pump bc right now it's cutting off my circulation pulled up 
    Can you pull it down instead?
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member

Can you pull it down instead?
    Nope it's pretty snug all over and the straps don't have enough give to pull down. I'm a mess
  • Options
    @kvruns Dressing to pump is such a pain!!