October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 05/27-05/29

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter 05/27-05/29

• Options
    @Brambles23 @purplestarz That's so cool! I wanna hang out with some wild turkeys! Maybe not angry ones though haha.

I thought I'd bust in here with some randomness.. Has anyone else watched YouTube videos of women getting the epidural?? I just watched a couple and OMG I thought I was going to puke or pass out!! That needle is so huge and they stick it so deep! Oh and then they stick at catheter in your pee hole..ugh it looks so awful. I didn't have one with my first and have been contemplating it for this time around...but no, I think the answer is no for me. I totally don't have anything against those who do get it though. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @flowerintherain yeah... I'm a ftm and totally open to getting an epidural. I will not be looking at the YouTube videos, though. I think they might show a video in the birthing class...I'll wait for that ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @flowerintherain, I know what i'm watching tonight! I love to watch procedures that I know I have gone through or may go through. I watch childbirth videos, vaginal and CS. Never thought to watch the epidural one. I remember it hurting a lot. The catheter didn't hurt at all.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jasmuinjasmuin member
    I do @callababy17 but I'm behind right now. Can't wait to catch up. 
  • Options
    @callababy17 - I'm watching! I usually pick my top 5 the first week but no one really appealed to me.  My faves afyer this week though: Kenny, Peter, Josiah, Eric (I think that's his name), and Dean
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @callababy17  I watch too!  Drama early this time!  Sometimes I think that the boys have more drama than the girls do sometimes.  
  • Options

@curlyq423 well I survived the weekend and super pumped to be at work, if that's any clue how ours went.  We had 2 successful tell mom when she needed to pee and then actually peed in the potty trips.  I used the 3 day potty training approach to a t but we still aren't trained.  She actually told me today that she pees on the floor not in the potty.

I sent her to daycare today with panties on but figured that's probably a night mare.  Currently contemplating if I should go back to pull ups at day care and panties at home? 

How did the rest of your weekend go?  Were you able to get out any?  I think that's what stunk about the whole weekend, we just hung out in our rooms which don't have carpet and are close to the bathroom.

• Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @mrs_fogue sorry to hear it didn't go better. FWIW, our daycare had us send DD in undies when we committed to training, to be consistent. She actually did a lot better there than she did at home. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. She'll get the hang of it soon, I'm sure!
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @beezeemarie thanks, this is my hope.  All the other kids are older and all potty trained.  So I hope that will help her get the hang of it. 
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue I'm sorry it was a rough weekend! We did get out a couple times for short periods of times and our son went to the bathroom while being out. i think he liked going to the different bathrooms. We were accident free Sunday then he had one yesterday. We sent him to daycare in underwear today and he didn't have any accidents. He turned 3 in March and I think he could have been trained sooner, he is just SO stubborn he refused to go even though he knew how and would do it off and on. Since we knew he could do it and was being stubborn, we told him if he doesn't sit and try, his toys or whatever he's obsessed with at the time would go bye bye. That seemed to work.