October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 05/27-05/29

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! What are your plans? Hopefully we all have 3 day weekends
Me: 28 | Him: 31
Married: 11/12/16
BFP: 02/09/17
FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekend Chatter 05/27-05/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today I did laundry and aired up DS' kiddie pool and played outside with him. Tomorrow I think I'll try and take him to one of the community pools or splash pads. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Anyone have ideas on what to gift MIL? 

Everybody is throwing a party for her tomorrow. And i still have no idea what to give to her. 
  • Options
    @jesssssrg I always have issues gifting to MIL. She's one of those who buy themselves what they want so people never know what to get. Maybe a gift card for a spa? 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Yesterday was DD2s birthday. It went well, but man. We will not be having many sleepovers for a long, long time. She had a friend sleepnover Friday to Saturday. Then yesterday morning we went to Chuck e Cheese instead of the zoo due to rain. She already got one zoo trip in last week so it wasn't bad. She chose to not go this weekend. Then her friends mom regretted to tell me her husband got called into work and would not be home when I wanted to drop her friend off. The Mom was working too- which I knew, but dad was supposed to be home. Anyway, said friend stayed until she got off work. No big deal, but I had no time to clean up after them before we went to hibachi for family dinner. My house is still a wreck. I guess that's what I'm doing today. We want to go to the outlet mall and take advantage of some Memorial Day sales. The girls want to go swimming in 74 degree weather- told them well hold off for tomorrow which will be a little warmer. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @canonmom413 Hopefully you have a much more relaxing day and find some good deals shopping! I need to look for a
    swimsuit this weekend. I think motherhood maternity has them 50% off. 
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @jesssssrg  Does she garden or anything?  My go to for MIL is a nice plant or hanging basket of some sort.

@curlyq423  I need to try on the swimsuit my SIL gave me to see if it fits now that I have a bump.  If not, I am heading to motherhood to see what they have since they have that good sale this weekend!  Hope you find something!!
  • Options
    curlyq423curlyq423 member
    edited May 2017
    @JessDG thanks! Hope you find something that works too!
  • Options
    @JessDG looks like Old Navy has them 50% off too. Not sure what their selection in store is like for maternity, but there's always online if you think you know your size!
  • Options
    @JessDG and @canonmom413 thanks for the ideas. 
    DH decided to go with flowers and a gift card. 
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue How's the potty training? We had 3 accidents yesterday (2 potty and 1 poopy). He does well when we remind him to go, but still won't tell us he needs to go. I'm not sure if we are supposed to keep reminding him or start letting him figure it out on his own. We want to go shopping later to hit up some Memorial Day deals,
    so that should be interesting!
  • Options
    @curlyq423 we just potty trained DS at the begining of the year. We set a kitchen timer for 10-15 minutes and every time it went off we told DS it was time to go sit on the potty. By the second day when it went off he would just yell potty time and run in and sit on the potty. If he actually went potty we set the timer for 30 minutes. A few days later he just started going on his own when he needed to, we only had 1 accident, but he was almost 3.5 so it was fairly easy all around. 

• Options
    We are at the Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. We have to head home later today though becuase I work tomorrow morning :/ DS loves the water though and it's been in the mid 80s so I've just been lounging in the sun. 

• Options
    @nbcarlson that's awesome. Our son can hold it for an hour or so and will go if we tell him to. Even if we ask if he needs to, he always tells us no. He turned 3 at the end of March. He's also very stubborn, haha!
  • Options
    DH finished building DS playscape which he loves.  While he was doing that, I took DS took to the park and we ran into his buddy from daycare and they were both rocking Michigan Ballcaps.  Essentially they are best friends.  And his mom and dad are pretty awesome too.

Today mostly did some yard work and I think we finally decided one which room DS is gonna be in and which room LO is gonna be in.  Has anyone changed rooms for their toddler?  Is DS gonna freak out if I move his room?
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting did you make that?? Woah so awesome!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @canonmom413 I sure did! Chocolate mud cake, buttercream frosting (haha!) and marshmallow fondant.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @canonmom413 I sure did! Chocolate mud cake, buttercream frosting (haha!) and marshmallow fondant.
    That looks so divine! Happy birthday to your son! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @buttercream_frosting that cake is amazing!
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting Wow that looks awesome!!
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @buttercream_frosting. I like to do cake decorating as a hobby too, but I took classes and am definitely not self taught!  That is a beautiful cake!!!  I love it!
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @buttercream_frosting what a fantastic cake!  I like to decorate cakes, too, but I've been too scared to try fondant.  I've been sticking to buttercream so far!
  • Options

thanks ladies for letting me AW!

@shan24 Try working with a marshmallow fondant. I find them so easy and forgiving. Although I haven't tried making any other types or never used store bought ones.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Brambles23 I am terrified of the wild turkeys. We will get them at our house once in awhile. They are so mean!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tyannejtyannej member
    @soprano19 what does it look like? I've been looking for a baby book and I cannot find one that I just love.... 
  • Options
    @purplestarz I've never been that close to a wild turkey.  To be fair we stumbled upon her nest and she was being protective.  We saw the chicks run out first, then the mama.  She circled us for a while, then walked along side us about 10 ft away for about a minute or two, but made no attempt to actually attack.  I wouldn't want to stumble upon a male one though. Those suckers can be nasty! 
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg @buttercream_frosting that cake is amazing!!! I love cake decorating but your skills put me to shame. 

In other news, anyone else watching the Bachelorette??? LOL