September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/22

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/22

• After swimming with DH and DS my child is eating, and NOT wanting to share, like he is the pregnant one  :D I'm trying to be nice about it, but kid, that trail mix was supposed to be all mine!
  • Loading the player...
  • @JNR6510 That is absolutely terrible.  :( I'm sorry your in laws are behaving that way. You definitely don't need that negativity. 
  • Insanely slow @Sugargirl1019. Where is everyone? Normally I struggle to keep, let alone comment. Each time I check in I feel like the app is broken with so little new content  :o
  • My belly hurts so bad... I can't tell if it's me having eaten too much, or baby/uterus related.. or gas? Help. It's really painful :(

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 where is the pain located in your belly and have you called your ob after hours line?
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    @Sugargirl1019 I'm sorry you are in pain. If it's gas, have you tried rolling your palms over your belly to help work the gas out? That usually helps me when I have gas pains. I hope you feel better soon!

@Carebella TB definitely feels like it has died. It has been super slow lately.
  • @Sugargirl1019 I'm sorry you're in so much pain :( Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about but I'd definitely call the after hours line if it's not going away. Sometimes I have really bad abdominal pain before I use the bathroom and it goes away once I'm finished but it's never consistent or long lasting. 
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited May 2017
    We're going out to breakfast and then I have to work the afternoon. Feeling all better today. My parents ended up sick, too. Hopefully it skips DS and H.
  • @Sugargirl1019 this happened to me the other week and it was awful!! Diarrhea and vomiting all night. Food poisoning with a baby kicking inside just made it so much worse. So sorry. 
  • CarebellaCarebella member
    edited May 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 so happy to see you're feeling better!
  • Well so far this has been a nice weekend. It's beautiful today so after church I took the kids to the school playground. We live in a nice neighborhood but lately highschool age kids have been hanging out there. It's so weird to me. I can tell you right now when I was in high school I was not hanging out at a playground with my friends. I baby sat so yeah I would take the kids I watched but I was also appropriate while there. Yeah I am the mom that will snap on some disrespectful ass kids and I sure did today. Two big teenagers came running full speed at my 17month old. Not cool guys. He was about to squat down to go down a slide so it scared the crap out of him. They both literally jumped over him. They all just kind of stopped and didn't know what to do. 
  • @kaylaakosua I feel like I have new symptoms happening every day at this point! Is everyone else just coasting at this stage? It seemed like that was part of what you were trying to say was the answer as to why the group is so quiet lately. That sounds cool...maybe it will happen to me soon. I only stopped feeling like I was going to throw up constantly a few weeks ago, and now I'm constantly hungry, and everything feels swollen. Maybe it's because I'm a few weeks behind some of you, in week 21 right now.
  • @lexibelly I'm glad you don't fee like you're going to throw up anymore, and I can totally get on the hungry stage thing. I just noticed this trend with my last BMB as well, I also think the timing of summer coming up and getting out more as well as school finishing is contributing to this board being slow. I know it will pick back up! 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I just found out that my dad and stepmom booked plane tickets to go to Scotland for vacation on 9/15. I'm due 9/1, so yes I'd have to be super late for the baby to not arrive before they leave, but I'd rather not be induced, so I'd like to hold out as long as possible unless there's a medical need, and if I was induced close to 42 weeks and it took a while, it's theoretically possible they could miss the birth. Aside from the fact that they could potentially miss the birth, I guess they don't have any plans to help us out after the baby is born? I certainly don't want them staying with us (they only live 25 minutes away anyway), but coming over to help here and there would be nice! I know for sure they booked the tickets after they knew I was pregnant, and they're both retired, so there was really nothing preventing them from going a week or two later. Ironically, my aunt (my dad's sister) has offered to fly across the country to help us with the baby and yet my dad and stepmom make plans to leave the country...
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    @Sugargirl1019 I'm glad you are feeling better. Food poisoning is terrible!

@Rhubarb7216 Family sucks sometimes. It definitely doesn't seem very thoughtful for your dad to plan a vacation to another country when you could likely have the baby while they are on vacation. At least your aunt is wanting to help out.
  • @Rhubarb7216 Oh that's terrible!! I'm so sorry your dad and stepmother seem to be so distant from you having a baby. That's really lame.. and I'm bothered by that too.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • lilpootslilpoots member
    edited May 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 so glad you are feeling better. There has been a weird bug going around here that has been causing vomiting and headaches. Hope you're back to normal.

@Rhubarb7216 have they been planning this trip for a long time? Seems like a weird choice for a departure date. I'm sorry that's happening. Glad your aunt is making herself available.
  • No one created a Randoms thread yesterday. Should we bother making a new one or just use this one another week? I probably would have made a new one if I hadn't been MIA yesterday. Somehow, it feels silly to do it today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • winerenwineren member
    I say we just continue this one for the week. It's slow enough that I don't think we'll get lost. :-)
  • It has been ridiculously slow. I hope things will pick up soon with baby showers, etc. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • We need new friends to come play.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Can we bring back the What my pregnant self is eating/craving? I feel like at this point that might be pretty popular. 
  • @heatherlynn321 any person here can start a thread like that, especially if they're missing it.
  • edited May 2017
    I know birth plans are more just ideal preferences once you go into labor, and all I really care about is the doctor getting the baby out safely, but does anyone have any birth plan preferences?
  • @heatherlynn321 my birth plan is just no pain meds. I did unmedicated birth with my daughter and it went great. I had to have pitocin with my son and holy shit I thought I was going to die. When I caved to get the epi I was already at 10 and couldn't get it anyway. Lol so I know now that each situation can be so different and to just embrace it. We will see what this little girl decides to have in mind!
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    My only birth plan is that I do not want pitocin nor do I want to be induced. If the baby needs to come right away, then I will deal with the C-section. I have a fairly high chance of requiring a C-section anyway.

TW:

With a previous loss, silly me thought I wanted to be able to pass the baby naturally. It wasn't really happening on its own, and I did not want a D&C. So the doctor gave me some evil medication (I forget what it was) to induce contractions, and that was hell. I have no desire to experience that horribleness ever again.

• My plan right now is to not use any drugs including pitocin, but I'm well aware that shit happens and things may not go according to plan 
  • edited June 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 I understand that! It's stressful worried about looking good. I feel its such a special moment just have the people in your life that are important to you. I feel the same way this is my first baby and I honestly don't know how I am going to feel or react. I feel I would be tired and only want to be holding my baby. 
  • edited June 2017
  • @heatherlynn321  I don't have much of a birth plan at this point.  My labor was so fast with DS that I'm not expecting much!  Our labor rooms at my last hospital had hot tubs, and if our current hospital has them as well, I'd love to be able to use one.

I made it through back labor with DS being sunny side up (and born sunny side up) without an epidural.  My placenta is anterior again, and there's a decent possibility this boy will be born sunny side up as well.  I'm willing to try again without an epidural, although having one was high on my wish list the first time around.  Otherwise, I really just want to avoid pitocin, and C section if possible, but I realize there's no guarantee on either one of those. 
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My hospital had a checklist for a lot of things that I had to fill out in my pre-registration. It covered things like pain meds, who would be in the room, whether to wipe off the baby right away, delayed cord clamping, immediate skin to skin, etc. I didn't have a birth plan beyond what was on that sheet but some people have very long detailed plans.

It's all about your preferences and what makes you feel comfortable. If you are committed to a certain thing, it can be helpful to have it in writing so you can advocate for yourself. However, birth doesn't always go as planned so your plan may change to "whatever needs to happen to ensure the safety of baby and mom." So don't get so attached to your plan that any deviation feels like a fail
    Lilypie Maternity tickers