Options

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    @kln62689 - I'm in STL too, welcome!!!
  • Options
    Jellybelly119Jellybelly119 member
    edited May 2017
    @holzie-2 You're so close! I work in Hartford! 

Edit: words are hard. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @grammergalnyc I'm in NYC too and due 1 day before you :) welcome! 
  • Options
    grammergalnyc We have a big dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit who are also going to be rather confused when they have two little human invaders in their home this winter! Welcome to the group!
  • Options
    elev2017elev2017 member
    edited May 2017
    @lula922 Hey, I'm Leila and your description is so similar to mine it's kind of creepy! I too am 32, pregnant for the first time, was shocked to discover we're having twins, since it also doesn't run in my family, and my due date is Dec 23! My due date has stayed the same but my doctor said they'll probably be born as much a three weeks early. And I live in CT. Seriously though, that's kind of weird, right?! There's a MoM's (Moms of Multiples) check in that you might want to check out. Welcome!
  • Options
    lula922lula922 member
    Thanks! I definitely will! Good Luck! 
  • Options
    lula922lula922 member
    @grammergalnyc  Im a nyc teacher as well! But, my furbaby is a very fat very fluffy cat.  She knew before we did! 
    Good Luck! 
  • Options
    @lula922 Aww, I love how the animals can sense it right away! One of our two dogs has been onto me from the start, and he's been extra protective/touchy-feely lately. The other one is still oblivious for now, but oblivious is pretty much his MO, lol. We're convinced he'll just be shocked (but pleasantly surprised) when there's a tiny little human who keeps dropping Cheerios and other delicious scraps for him to pick up  ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, @leilagphillips! From your intro, it sounds like your house is about to get a lot fuller very soon! Give those animals lots of pets and enjoy the (relative) quiet while you still can!
  • Options
    @blueskies17 Good to *meet* another NYC mom-to-be! You'll have to tell me what things are like one day in the future, lol. And let's keep our fingers crossed for a not too hot/humid summer!!
  • Options
    I'm an engineer from WA. I am 33 years old and a FTM. Due on 12/22 so I am 10 weeks. The first trimester has been rather hard. Since I have not announced at work, I have had to excuse myself in the middle of meetings to throw up. Lol. I am hoping the 2nd tri is better.
  • Options
    @cbuss-2 I'm a librarian, too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cbuss-2 and @lavashiner I've wanted to be a librarian since I was a little girl. Life got in the way and now I'm a SAHM going on baby number two, but DH says I should still pursue it for when the kids are in school. I'd love to pick your brains some time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yes @vvitchhazel! I love my job and would be happy to answer any questions. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    welcome @mrsnt816!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Options
    @collectiveliving That's amazing that you succeeded your first time TTC!!!  

I'm a lawyer, so I drafted our contract with our known sperm donor, but we'll use a lawyer I know to take some steps to establish our legal parental rights (being married establishes some rights, but I want a court order, in case we travel).  I think I'll actually have to be the one to file for second parent adoption, since my wife is the genetic mother.  Which is nuts.  

Glad to meet you!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @KLake42 congrats on twins! There are quite a few expecting them in the group (and a couple with triplets!) and myself and a few others that have twins. Stop on by the Mom's of Multiples check in, lots of fun stuff going on there. Also my boys are mono/di twins too! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KLake42- Glad to meet you too. And for sure, we are so grateful we were able to conceive this way. 

That's great that you're a lawyer!  And wild that you'll be the one to file for 2nd parent adoption even though you're carrying the child.  

I am definitely so so grateful that we are able to be legally married, which as you said does establish some of the rights.  

We are married as well, but will my wife will do a 2nd parent adoption and at that time the donor will sign away his rights formally though he already has in the agreement.
    I'll talk with our lawyer about the court order as well, hadn't heard about that, but we definitely want to make sure we're setting things up the best way possible for our growing family.
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

• Options
    Welcome back @jekasi
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    hey @tammarrasjellybean, and welcome!  We have the same due date.
    See you on the Saturday ticker checker check-in. :)
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    #40andpregnant

• Options
    atackatack member
    @spotsanddots Where in Northern WV?  I live in Maryland (Frederick County) and we have a cabin near Berkley Springs.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker