August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/26

Anyone have a hot confession?? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 5/26

• Options
    dma0389dma0389 member
    I don't know if this can count BUT...Last night's dream was HOT sex with an ex of mine. I woke up of course to pee and then I went on my cell to look him up, he's still single and he's looking GOOD! Then I laughed and went back to sleep.  No harm, just facebook searched hahaha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Based on a local Facebook poll I saw this morning, I guess we're super cheap gift givers to DD's "friends" when we get invited to their birthday parties. She'll be three next month and I'm sorry but I don't see the point of spending a lot of money on a toddler who won't even remember the gift. If you're wondering, we spend around $10. This poll is showing $50 as the norm. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bumpybump Wow thats a lot.  We dont even spend that much on my cousins kids.  They both have 2 (almost 3) year olds, and I think we cap it at 25 for christmas.  

my fffc, I am wicked tired today, so I think Im going to get off line once my co-workers over seas get off.  I think I will then take a nap until DH gets home. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @bumpybump Wow! $50, I've never spent that on a gift for the parties DS is invited too. I usually spend $15-$20.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    That's a lot. I don't even spend that on my niece. I guess I can confess that DS has stuff that he got for his 1st birthday that I never opened. He got so much stuff 
  • Options
    britvahokbritvahok member
    edited May 2017
    @SouthernMama15 Last weekend DS just started playing with toys he got for Christmas. DH asked where that toy came from and I said "remember WE got it for him as a Christmas gift"
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    I didn't want to get up this am - at all - so I said I was going to get "bloodwork done" before coming into work to give me an hour and then took an hour and a half to make it into work. 10 more weeks of work......
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    My FFFC is that I only showered & washed my hair this morning because I have an OB appointment. Otherwise, I'm so tired I probably would have said fvck it. 
    This is my life too. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @SouthernMama15 @britvahok I know a lot of parents when stash away excessive gifts for the next occasion. I don't blame them one bit. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My niece's bday is right before thanksgiving, with channukah and xmas right after. so, my sister will 'hide' some of the gifts to give her later in the year or bring back out b/c she does not need that much stuff! She now asks family to do books/ activities/ gc for her bday so it isn't all toys.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    I don't plan on doing a first birthday party. I can't imagine the kid know what's going on. 
  • Options
    I usually get up with the dogs in the morning, around 5 lately but the last 2 days I let them bark until DH had enough and had to get up. He keeps telling me that he'll be able to help with the LO when she comes but it takes 30 minutes for the dogs to stir him. I'm doubting he will wake up for the baby so making him deal with the dogs is worth it. 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @mrsashworth522 - I did that with DH this week haha. Except it backfired. Our dog Finn wakes us up around 5-6am to go out and have his breakfast but sometimes he tries a bit earlier. Last couple days DH has told him no, go lay down if he's early but I guess today, after a couple days of this, he gave in. I heard the dog bowl being filled at 4:15am, jumped out of bed, then started on the "you can't feed him this early" lecture haha. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    lewliv said:
    I don't plan on doing a first birthday party. I can't imagine the kid know what's going on. 
    1st birthdays are totally for the parents/siblings except for looking at pictures later on. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @PinkPrincessPiper I only shave my legs now when I go to get a pedicure or massage. I try to group these appointments together so I only have to shave once. 

My confession is that I fully intend to read a book at my desk all day. Only 3 members of my 20 member team are here. Boss is leaving in 1.5 hours. 
  • Options
    bumpybump said:
    lewliv said:
    1st birthdays are totally for the parents/siblings except for looking at pictures later on. 

We told my MIL that it was unlikely we were going to do a first birthday party for our kid and you should have seen the look on her face. It was as if we told her that we kick puppies for fun.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    bumpybump said:
    lewliv said:
    Got it. So I guess I'll reward myself and DH with an amazing dinner at my favorite restaurant to celebrate. Another FFFC, I don't care about "scheduled" pictures. Don't have any. Not even of my wedding. Just action shots my SIL took. 
  • Options
    bumpybump said:
    lewliv said:
    We had a first birthday cookout for DD about 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to just be our family. I told people over and over not to bring gifts and my mom ended up inviting people without telling me. So my child got way spoiled. DH and I didn't buy her a dang thing
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    We had a big party at the park for DS's first. Fruits, veggies, chips/dip, cake, and other dessert items.  It was family and a few friends. DS loved getting to swing and play.  His 2nd birthday is going to be much smaller (grandparents, mine and DHs sisters and their husbands, my niece and nephew, and maybe DH's grandma-shes a hermit sometimes).  I'm going to be hugely pregnant and it's going to be hot. We don't have enough room at our house to host everyone so it's going to be small. I'm getting him a water table and kiddie pool for his birthday so I'll set those up on the back deck for him and my niece to play.  I'm making the cake and will likely get some other snack type foods or finger foods. That's it.
  • Options
    I told my H  to not sleep in our bed this week because of the horrible cold I have. Don't care, I need to flop around sleeplessly, blow my nose a million times, and generally feel like crap all night long by myself. If he was in bed snoring while sleeping soundly I would just be even more annoyed.  He doesn't need to be breathing in my germ filled air all night long... So I can pretend I'm trying to prevent him from getting the same cold but it's really more about me getting a better night of sleep without him there.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517  My husband has been sleeping on the couch for weeks because he can't stand how loud I'm snoring. Oh, well, more room for me and my pregnancy pillow!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SpotConlon mine has been doing the same. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Confession: if I'm on the phone in the car it has to be on speaker phone because that's what people do on reality TV shows and I want to feel like I'm cool enough to be filmed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I totally pretend the same thing!  :D
  • Options
    @JWatt5 I've gotten that lecture from him but he still doesn't get up with them and even complains about feeding them at night when he gets home. But this morning he had to get up at 3 and at 5 with them so sucks to be him today lol
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @smallbutmighty77 any time someone posts one of those crappy amen chains I immediately unfollow them.
  • Options
    Confession: Daughter will be nearly 2 this Christmas and I still will only get her 1 present. She'll be spoiled by everyone else. I'm saving money while I can!
  • Options
    It drives me crazy when people share things on Facebook like car giveaways, trips, plane tickets, coupons that are too good to be true, etc. Most of them are too good to be true and there are just as many posts going around warning that it's fake and they are just criminals trying to hack your page and steal your info.  If you keep doing it and are to dumb to realize it, maybe you deserve to learn your lesson.
  • Options
    My confession is that I'm currently breaking my own rule of never let the baby sleep on you. DD just turned one and we had a bad habit of her never sleeping in her own crib. She sleeps great now but after her crib in her nap, she was super grumpy so I rocked her and she's been asleep for almost an hour. Some days you just need snuggles. Pretty soon she will be way too big and won't be the baby anymore. I think I'm in denial that I'm about to have another baby so soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @aehogan90 DS will be 2 in less than a month. Poor kid has another ear infection and woke up after an hour and a half screaming for me to come get him. I sat down with him and he fell back asleep for another hour and a half. I'm lying if I say I don't need him as much as he needs me. Sometimes I'm desperate for a break and the minute he leaves I miss his little arms wrapped around my neck and the crinkly nose squinty eyed face he makes as he looks at me and says, "mama, whatcha doin?"  It's becoming very real that he won't be my only baby for much longer and I'm soaking up every moment I can. 
  • Options
    We dont live live life on a schedule. We are pretty spontaneous as a family. My kids don't have a set bedtime during the summer...because they self-regulate pretty well. Because of this, they can hang with us and go with the flow and we don't have to say no to fun plans with others due to timing. 

I know so many parents who have their families on a schedule, and while I'm super happy it works for them, it just wouldn't for us. We aren't 8-5 people...never have been and never will be. I tried to put my kids on a schedule once after feeling totally judged about it, and it was stressful for everyone and we missed out on a LOT of time together because of it. 

Either way, they're super well-adjusted, polite, extremely well-behaved, and they just go with the flow. I have a lot of friends who put their kids to bed at 7 or 8 PM (my kids bedtime during the school week is 9) and some
    of them can't even make it to Wednesday night bible study that starts at 6:00 because they are getting ready for bed at that time. 

To each their own, and if amschedule works for your family, go for it! It doesn't for us, and my kids are pretty awesome humans still. 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @AdvoCyndi30 I never had a schedule growing up and I think it made me better at managing my own time (figuring out what worked for me). No bed times, just went to sleep when I was tired. I think if we had different personalities, a schedule would've been really important. This is one of those I-reserve-the-right-to-change-my-mind things but I don't plan to have hard bed times since it worked for my family growing up.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @AdvoCyndi30 that is our approach mostly. It worked really well for us when DD was super little but we have her on a loose schedule now for our sanity. But as far as naps/feeds, it's just on demand. Each kid is so different. DD sleeps so well at night but we had to work really hard to get to that point and I'm not willing to mess it up now just so I can have plans. If we go out, we put her to sleep first and then have a babysitter.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    My not flame worthy confession is I'm going to start paying someone to mow my lawn. I did it today and I thought I was going to die. The hill in my back yard is just too much this far along. 

@AdvoCyndi30 DD isn't on a real schedule either. She wakes up between 8 and 9 then bed between 8 and 9. That's our schedule. If she ends up in bed later, she sleeps later no big deal. I feel like I'm setting us up for a rough road come school but this is life for now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Nxy when I was in high school my dad used to pay me to mow the lawn ($25). I would then go to my next door neighbor kid who had a riding lawn mower and pay him $10 to mow it for me! I taught that kid the value of a dollar. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 @aehogan90 You guys are making my heart melt thinking of baby snuggles  <3 I seriously can't wait 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AdvoCyndi30
    I'm the polar opposite and thrive on a schedule.  I use a set schedule with DS, which works great for him, but occasionally we have a hard time if we do an activity that doesn't coordinate with his schedule. Fortunately it's gotten easier as he gets older, but there are times that i wish he was more "go with the flow".  Not sure how it will go with this LO being on a different schedule than DS, so I may have to adjust my mindset and veer away from set schedules. 

Pregnancy Ticker