June 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Postpartum Meal/Drink

2»

Re: GTKY: Postpartum Meal/Drink

• Options
    Ughhhh all you mamas that get publix subs are killing me! 
  • Options
    lmudralmudra member
    What's publix?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    What's publix?
    A grocery store with apparently the world's best subs and cake. My DH raves about it.
  • Options
    lmudralmudra member
    Oh not a sub place, got it.  Now I want cake.
  • Options
    My hospital has pretty good food and there is nothing really around, so I imagine I will eat there. They have this amazing lemon dessert. There is also a starbucks in the hospital so I'm sure I will have my share of passion fruit tea! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm all this Starbucks talk has me craving a milkshake disguised as coffee. 
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    I'm gonna have a venti skinny vanilla latte asap and whatever food the hospital serves.

For my first no longer pregnant celebration I've already got some bottles of wine and champagne on the fridge and I'll probably order real sushi. 
  • Options
    Ughhhh all you mamas that get publix subs are killing me! 
    This thread inspired me to get a publix sub for lunch! 
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    What's publix?
    It's a southern grocery store chain. They have delish prepared foods.
  • Options
    lmudralmudra member
    Are a lot of you not drinking caffeine at all?  I don't drink coffee but I'm drinking diet soda (I know, I know...it's terrible).  It's like a treat since I have GD.
  • Options
    kcrocetto27kcrocetto27 member
    edited May 2017
    @lmudra I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a week, my doc says it's fine. I also drink diet coke occasionally. 

I'm also on the champagne and sushi train BUT the child birth educator did say that sushi is still a danger when breastfeeding, anyone else hear that before? 
  • Options
    I hope the hospital has waffles or pancakes!!! With real syrup! Probably a milk shake on the way home. Here's to gaining weight after the baby... J/k... Maybe :wink:
  • Options
    tjvantjvan member
    edited May 2017
    lmudra said:
    Are a lot of you not drinking caffeine at all?  I don't drink coffee but I'm drinking diet soda (I know, I know...it's terrible).  It's like a treat since I have GD.
    I was just thinking the same thing! I'm basically drinking a cup of tea or latte a day... and the occasional soda!
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    @lmudra I haven't been drinking caffeine until recently. I've started having iced tea at lunch. For some reason I'm in love with super fake Nestea raspberry iced tea right now. Cravings...go figure.
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    I drink my mug of coffee a day. I never stopped with this baby. Buuut, I also eat soft cheeses, and deli meat, soooo...
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    I drink half a cup of coffee or an iced mocha most days. My current ob never said anything about caffeine, and the one I saw for dd said that it had been well studied and you would have to have like four cups a day to see any detrimental effects. I get dependent on it really easily and then I feel exhausted without it, so I try not to have it in huge quantities or every single day or sometimes I wait until afternoon. 
  • Options
    meilaymeilay member
    @lmudra I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a week, my doc says it's fine. I also drink diet coke occasionally. 

I'm also on the champagne and sushi train BUT the child birth educator did say that sushi is still a danger when breastfeeding, anyone else hear that before? 
    You just hush with these lies! Lol. 

In all seriousness I hadn't heard this before. I did a quick search and it seems the risk is that you could get really ill from bacteria and struggle to nurse because of being sick, but eating quality fish from a reputable place shouldn't be an issue.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lmudra Count me on the caffeine drinking train - I believe the recommendation is to stay under 200mg a day. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    mombodmombod member
    I drink iced or hot tea but keep it well under 200 mg a day.
  • Options
    @meilay that's the best news! I mean, I was going to probably eat sushi anyway, but my husband was in class when she said it and he immediately looked at me and mouthed "oh no", because he knew how much I was looking forward to it. I'm going to let him know that it's still on like Donkey Kong. 
  • Options
    After my son was born my sister brought me a large roast beef sub. I will likely have the first family member to arrive bring me a roast beef. I am also dying for a mimosa (any wine really) but that will wait until we get home. I will have my hubby get me a large iced latte in the hospital! Only 7 weeks to go! 
  • Options
    allywatallywat member
    I saw this thread and tried to remember what I had as my first post birth meal and realized I can't remember/have no clue and it was only 8 days ago. The hospital has a Starbucks in it so I have been living on iced macchiatos though. 
  • Options
    neludelu said:
    All of you csection moms make me think the hospital I had DS1 is crap. I had a huge greasy calzone 20 mins after I got out of recovery and I drank the most delish coke ever. No one ever told me to watch what I ate or to be careful! 
    I'm not sure that anyone actually told me, but I had done enough research to know that I needed to stay away from things that could cause me to be gassy or bloated, which would put pressure on my tummy/incision.  I haven't ever heard the straw thing, though.  In fact, the big hospital water jug they give you to drink out of has a straw.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I'm going full out random buffet style of everything I've had to miss out on lol and a glass of wine... almost any wine at this point hahaha I miss it so much. My fiancee has a whole list I've made him to bring me. 
  • Options
    Only thing I restrict during pregnancy is alcohol. So hopefully someone will be so kind and bring a bottle to pop. If not I'll wait until I get home. The hospital food is good so I'll stick with that. We have so many great restaurants around here though, so if I feel like I want something in particular I will definitely make a request!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    I really want a margarita. I know that's not a meal so we can throw some chips and salsa on the side and I'll be happy!
  • Options
    I've also been on the coffee train. I NEED it in my life. It makes people like me more or at least tolerate me. 

Our hospital has has pretty decent food and they feed whoever my support person is for free! I'm thinking my first meal will be a French dip sandwich and mashed potatoes LOL. When we leave the hospital I really want a Jimmy John's sandwich to take home #12 please! 

My hubby will be bringing me a Dutch Bros Carmel kicker freeze to the hospital though
  • Options
    @email2ash
    I really want a Margarita too! I'll take one blended with lots of salt!!! 
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    tjvan said:
    Jimmy John's Italian Nightclub. Worst sandwich for you on the menu, and I literally cannot wait. 
    I have been craving one of those sooo bad! My sister had it delivered as her first meal post delivery and I will be doing the same!

And definitely add me to the Margarita train after refraining on Cinco De Mayo!
  • Options
    +1 for a margarita... which I normally don't ever order or drink, but have been craving this entire pregnancy. Go figure.