Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What are you (really) doing to get knocked up??

13»

Re: What are you (really) doing to get knocked up??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow That's probably a good idea! If all goes according to plan the wedding is 4dpt (if the day after transfer day is 1dpt). 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface at that point you'll probably still be negative so don't get bummed out! But then you'll still be cool to drink! 
  • Options
    sunniegrlysunniegrly member
    edited May 2017
    I'm in the not drinking around O or during TWW camp. Mainly because I watched a PBS documentary on Netflix called "9 months that made you" where they talk about long term research done in Africa showing that the nutrients the mother consumes at the time of conception determine whether certain genes like one that helps the immune system get switched on or stay off. It was mainly talking about the fact that the mothers there eat different nutrients during different seasons because the seasons there have dramatic weather and food changes. Obviously we can get better nutrition here and have access to PNVs, but on the theory that alcohol is something that might switch a gene on or off, I'm not going to risk it. At least at this point. I'm only 4 months in to my TTC journey. Also I rarely drink anyways so it's not that big of a deal to me, which helps.
    Me: 31 | DH: 30
    Married: 2013
    TTC #1: 2/2017
    Dx: mild/borderline NIR PCOS

May TTGP Siggy Challenge - Awkward Prom Photos:
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @vflux33 have her throw me on the list too if she's handing out spells. Kthanksbye
  • Options
    Oh good, this thread is still going. Can someone tell me what all this nonsense I found at Target is? An $80 sperm collector and some magic supplements that will completely regulate my hormones? No to the first, but wtf is the second? (Box because holy huge screen shots Batman)

• Options
    @LoveInDC - Looks like something to facilitate at-home IVI (for lesbians with a friend donor or couples dealing with ejaculation problems). The supplements included aren't anything special. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @vflux33 - This spell business is AMAZING. Please keep us updated!
  • Options
    @vflux33 sounds dope
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - Omg I LOVED The Craft back in the day. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 30
    Married: 2013
    TTC #1: 2/2017
    Dx: mild/borderline NIR PCOS

May TTGP Siggy Challenge - Awkward Prom Photos:
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - I don't think I'm alone here when I say WHAT WERE YOUR NAMES?
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I figured!  but I shouldn't say bc they were all our real names, they were all just kind of unique not like suzie, cheryl, tiffany and anne.  More like goddesses.  That's right - we called ourselves the goddesses lol  mine is not that rare really, but like I betcha if I put theirs this post would become top-page google content and my anonymity would be instantly 100% shot! Lol @pebbledam. I wish I could like make up something similar to give an idea... I just can't even lol

Maybe..."Wyland, Starla, Athena, Fantasia" - kinda like that but not quite??? I tried
  • Options
    @kiki75 I will snap you a pic of what I've been using for shampoo/conditioner lately... I THINK it fits the bill???  Ingedient-wise?  (Somebody please correct me if Im wrong)  And my hair actually seems to like it just fine ;)

Nmd found it on Amazon...
    https://www.amazon.com/Renpure-Originals-Argan-Conditioner-Ounce/dp/B005I0JWEM

And I have been on the coconut shampoo... DH seems to like it too!
    https://www.amazon.com/Renpure-Coconut-Cream-Nourishing-Shampoo/dp/B00MBOLWVE
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @kiki75 I love that your sister did a spell for you too! Was expecting to be alone on that one.

I also have shampoo/conditioner recs: paradise island shampoo from paradise island organics and silk 18 conditioner from maple holistics, both on Amazon. I know no one asked but I also LOVE soaps and lotions from Udder Delight. They use goats milk for everything and their products smell amazing.
  • Options
    I need someone to do a spell on me guys. Please tell them witandwhimsy on the TB needs this ;)

Right now I'm just doing acupuncture once per week and taking TCM. First herbal component I take during AF (usually just during the heaviest days) and the other is a peony powder that I mix with water twice a day until AF starts again. Both are a very "earthy" taste.

It it will probably be dumb luck if I got KU this way, but it's helped tremendously with menstrual cramps, producing more CM and I'm Oing earlier in my cycle too.