Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What are you (really) doing to get knocked up??

Re: What are you (really) doing to get knocked up??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunniegrly - I think I read somewhere that you do need to have enough fat to ovulate, something about the relationship between fat and estrogen but I can't fully remember. I'll have to google it

I think it should be healthy fats that we need to eat like almonds and avocados (which I hate, bleh the texture!!)
    https://www.pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/nutrition/fat-and-hormonal-effects
  • Options

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Options
    ramzlauramzlau member
    @icecubeinthedesert thanks, I don't always do that, just something I tried before. Either way it didn't get me KU. 
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @mispanda I'm adding a few things to my list bc of this thread lol

And if anyone can fill me in on their tea vs. vitamin schedule...that would be great  :#
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    I never realized that green tea too close to your vitamin was a no no 
    I usually take my vitamin at night and my tea in the early afternoon at work.  So they're not super close together, but I never thought to really pay attention to the timing of each. Maybe I'll bump up my tea earlier in the day. 
  • Options
    Is the tea-close-to-vitamins thing because of the caffeine? I've heard to wait 30 minutes after finishing caffeine to take vitamins, and vice versa, because caffeine has a diuretic effect that prevents absorption. Or is there something in green tea that's an issue?
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @50Wife  yeah, you should be fine.  I'm not even sure if that's a &big deal, just something I heard mentioned in passing...  here's a little more detailed info for ya ;)

https://www.livestrong.com/article/542844-does-green-tea-block-iron-b12/
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @eggplantface the livestrong article says it's more specifically the polyphenols in the tea, binding with iron???
    ETA but apparently the vitanin C if you add lemon can help counteract?

I didnt know tho that green tea is a pregnancy no-no!  :o
  • Options
    @jsnakehole DH's friend is Gerard Butler's like.... assistant's assistant when he's in NY? Gerard's apartment in Chelsea is weird AF. Friend gets paid sometimes like $500 to sit in Gerard's apt all day waiting for the cable guy, etc. 
  • Options
    elisekelisek member
    @jsnakehole - I snorted. Please do this.

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • Options
    @50Wife Like @adirat mentioned, it's the possibility that the green tea may reduce the absorption of the folic acid. Since I take my PNV three times a day, my tea schedule (only in WTO, in TWW I just drink a ton of herbals as I feel like it) goes something like:

Coffee, breakfast + PNV, raspberry leaf tea/OPK, green tea (at least 2-3 hours after breakfast, and at least 2 hours before I take my after lunch vitamin), water, lunch + PNV, raspberry leaf tea (and maybe another OPK if I think I have a decent hold), green tea (again, at least a couple hours after PNV and before dinner), water, home from work and wine, dinner + PNV, herbal tea 
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @antoto  girl PREACH. You need it! 

@loveindc amazing gif find!

• Options
    So I just got really excited when I saw I had a small package with an "air mail" sticker on it, thinking that my antique Saint Gerard relic had somehow magically arrived. Nope, it was the hiking maps I'd ordered from Ireland a month ago and that I thought had been lost in the mail. Never thought I'd be so disappointed to get those maps.
    Me: 31 | DH: 30
    Married: 2013
    TTC #1: 2/2017
    Dx: mild/borderline NIR PCOS

May TTGP Siggy Challenge - Awkward Prom Photos: