March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In : MAY

2»

Re: Fit Mama Check-In : MAY

• @serenity13 I agree about not wanting to post it on here...major stranger danger since anyone can see this! You can't be too careful! Yay to everyone surviving a full month! We March Mamas rock!!!
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    Oh definitely-if/when the time comes we'll share info via PM!
  • Loading the player...
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    And happy one month to Chase! 
  • Hey ladies! Anyone know how to get added to the FB group for March bump Mommies? I've asked awhile back on a different thread and was told to give my email address to someone which I did, but I never got the invite. Thoughts?
  • @serenity13 happy one month to your sweet baby boy!!!! Isn't time just flying by?? WOW!
  • npaulienpaulie member
    @triwellnessgirl my guess is she probably missed your message. I'd just message @kellyt22 again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow this week totally got away from me, it's already Sunday?! Happy one month Chase, time really is flying by! I'm loving the talk of an IRL meet up in 2018! :) 

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday! I was supposed to walk a local 5K with my neighbor this morning, I had registered and everything. Then TOTALLY forgot. it's so unlike me to just blank like that!!  :#

• @jenny0228 Mommy brain...happens to the best of us!!!
  • npaulie said:
    @triwellnessgirl my guess is she probably missed your message. I'd just message @kellyt22 again. 
    I messaged her again but still nothing. 
    Do you think you could let her know on FB? Maybe she doesn't use the Bump all that much anymore?
    my FB email is [email protected]

thanks!
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    npaulie said:
    Do you think you could let her know on FB? Maybe she doesn't use the Bump all that much anymore?

thanks!
    I'll post in the FB group!
  • I guess I should probably breakdown and join the FB group.  I'll shoot her a message on here to start.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm probably the only one not on FB! 

I was talking with DH this weekend about upgrading our basement gym. Realistically I won't be renewing my crossfit membership, I won't have time once I go back to work, so I'll just drop in here and there, maybe Saturdays. I'll plan to do my training runs during my lunch break at work or before work. But want to keep lifting. We have a squat rack and pull up bar in the basement with a bar and plates- kettle bells and med ball. But thinking of adding a C9 rower or peleton bike. Can't decide! I'm inspired by your set up @triwellnessgirl! Love that you have the whiteboard and everything!! Loving the programming you've posted on IG. 

I have my 6 week PP appt Thursday. Fingers crossed I get cleared to start slowly ramping back up. Strangely, I still have no feeling the few inches above my incision. And it's still protruding and hard. I still look 4 months pregnant. Maybe my uterus still hasn't finished shrinking bc I wasn't able to BF? It doesn't feel like fat like my muffin top. 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited May 2017
    @jenny0228 no help since I haven't had a C to know what feels normal/but I hope you get a clean bill of health on Thursday.
    a couple moms just made Facebook profiles for the group only/and don't use it the "normal" way or share it with friends and family//incase you miss the community here and that sounds tempting.
    And an gym upgrade sounds awesome!! I'm jealous of all of your home gyms!

also... I JUST realized it's Monday. Hah. I don't have time to start a new check in right now, so someone else can tag in this week if available! Otherwise I can start one tonight when kids are in bed.
  • thanks @kjd291 - I hope so too! :) 
    Good to know about the FB group. I actually do have a FB account, there's just nothing on it. :)

I'll do a check in this week. Oscar is having a sleepy day - going right back to nap after his feeds so while he's asleep I'll post one up. :)
  • kjd291 said:
    npaulie said:

thanks!
    Thanks Girl!
  • kjd291 said:
    npaulie said:

thanks!
    Thanks Girl!
    Sooo butting in, but I have also PM'd her to get into the Facebook group. Would love to join!
  • vino831vino831 member
    Hello my amazing fit mama friends!! I've missed you so!!

I posted an update via fb one day when I was flabbergasted but am sorry i didnt make my way back here yet.

So I've been Mia bc we've been down a really difficult path which has led to finding out that my FIL has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We're all just a bottle of heartbroken trying to stay positive prayers.

My husband has just thrown himself into work and working out. It's tough since we live about a 5 hour drive away (and that's driving without 2 babies) so 7-8hours. At this point were taking it one day at a time. 

Switching gears..

I'm starting feel like I'm in a routine. I've started stroller strides and really cleaned up my eating. What I'm most excited about is the 8 week body back program i just registered for yesterday. It's an extremely instense program with 16 HIT workouts, weigh in and measurement before and after, meal planning but most importantly the group of ladies you do it with. I've never met someone who didnt describe it as life changing. Starts June 6! So I've got a few weeks to keep getting back into the swing of things to maximize what I get out of it. Which I'm really looking at it as a strong reset to get me back into my healthier lifestyle.

Btws... I'm east coast too!!
  • @vino831 I'm so sorry to see about your FIL.  My Mom died from pancreatic cancer about a week after DD was born.  I hope your FIL gets great care during this difficult time.  It's a terrible disease.  You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker