March 2017 Moms

Randoms - MAY!

Re: Randoms - MAY!

• Yes! My mom is coming tomorrow I'm excited!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @npaulie oh no glad you are okay. i am always fearful that I'm either going to drop baby or trip with him on board. 

I just put my house on the market. Oh my god that is so much work trying g to declutter and stage and keep a house clean with 4 kids including a newborn. I hope I find my forever home because I don't think I can do this again. Luckily my mother and my dad have been so helpful. Now the tricky thing is trying to find something to do to keep everyone occupied during the open houses.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So my aunt decided to tell me last night that the real estate agent is coming to take pictures on Wednesday and the house is going to available to start being shown to people on Thursday or Friday. Of course this means I have to clean the whole damn house and pack up my things. The house is 3,000 square feet and I'm taking care of a newborn during the day. My dad and my aunt are both working today, so guess what. I get to do it all by myself. YAY!  :(

I wonder if she realizes that the sooner she sells the house, the sooner my son and I are going to basically be homeless. I'm starting to have a very hard time being happy for her and my dad, and am finding having all this extra work dumped om me kind of insulting. I don't have any free time during the day, and yet they both expect me to get all the kitchen appliances cleaned, the whole house thoroughly dusted, the whole house vacuumed, all the bathrooms cleaned, and my room cleaned and packed (major undertaking). All that in one day without help while caring for a newborn. Yep, don't think its going to happen.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @lilies5/28/06 wow! I had to do that a few years ago with two kids (infant and 2yo) and I swore I was never moving again lol! Often I would buckle the kids in the car in the garage and run through the house for a real quick cleanup before a showing. It was exhausting, I can't imagine it with 4 kids. It's basically impossible to get a house show ready with kids in it.
  • So my aunt decided to tell me last night that the real estate agent is coming to take pictures on Wednesday and the house is going to available to start being shown to people on Thursday or Friday. Of course this means I have to clean the whole damn house and pack up my things. The house is 3,000 square feet and I'm taking care of a newborn during the day. My dad and my aunt are both working today, so guess what. I get to do it all by myself. YAY!  :(

I wonder if she realizes that the sooner she sells the house, the sooner my son and I are going to basically be homeless. I'm starting to have a very hard time being happy for her and my dad, and am finding having all this extra work dumped om me kind of insulting. I don't have any free time during the day, and yet they both expect me to get all the kitchen appliances cleaned, the whole house thoroughly dusted, the whole house vacuumed, all the bathrooms cleaned, and my room cleaned and packed (major undertaking). All that in one day without help while caring for a newborn. Yep, don't think its going to happen.
    I am so sorry about this. That is totally unreasonable and unrealistic. it really  sucks what you are going through. Do what you can do and don't sweat it. It is very hard to clean a whole house and have it picture ready, not to mention doing it all with a newborn. I just went through this and at least had 3 weeks notice to make sure the house was ready and had help to boot. If she is expecting the house to be immaculate then she should have at least offered to help or hire some help for you or at least given you more notice.  Sending you internet hugs. If you can try not to stress. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lilies5/28/06
    Nope. No help. Dad came home from work early and sat in his room and played his guitar. Now he left again.

As a bonus, the baby just fell asleep for the first time since we got up 8.5 hours ago, so I got some laundry done and one medium-sized box packed. Won't my aunt be surprised when she gets home and sees all my progress. :p

But, I decided not to be angry about this whole fiasco. It won't help anything, so there's no sense in wasting the energy.
  • I can't believe next week is my last week of maternity. My little doll won't even be 9 weeks old when the nanny starts. I hate the US and our horrible treatment of new parents and their babies :(
  • npaulienpaulie member
    @ivorytower2 I'm so sorry!! Seriously, it's not okay (imo) how early they force mothers back. I know a small few feel ready to go back at 6-9 weeks, but to me that's just WAY too early. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulienpaulie member
    Just had my first blow out so big I had to throw away DS onesie. Thank god I happened to throw in a change of clothes at the last minute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie this happened to us on Tuesday but I also had to cut her out of it and take her in the shower right away!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Last week saturday i felt like such a bad mom, I had packed DS diaper bag with all the necessities and was rushing out the door to get my mom in time to her mammogram that I forgot the diaper bag. So of course getting out of the car DS wakes up hungry I go to grab the bag and guess what I had left it. I FF so then I pánico and think okay I'll run to the nearest store and grab formula with a new bottle well my wallet was in the bag I left. I had to rush and grab my mom before she went into her appt and grab her debit card. He was okay at the end because he had his pacifier but still...

@Ivorytower2 so sorry that you have to go back so soon. I so wish that the US would adopt what European countries and Canada provides for maternity leave or at the very least require all jobs across the US to  provide 12 weeks maternity leave but even with 12 weeks I feel like it's such a small amount of time and they are still so little.  
    @npaulie and @AandDM2014 every time DS has a blowout I have to stop and think how do I get him out of this with the least mess possible and not get it all over his hair as I pull the onesie over 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jomarmajomarma member
    Heeeeeellllppp.... my husband's grandmother lives in southern Florida and we live in California. We just learned she has cancer, and at 96, she's opting to not seek treatment. My husband wants her to meet her great-grandson, which I understand, but I am really struggling with the idea of taking a 5 month old (we'd go at the end of July) to Florida in July. I worry about the flight (all the direct flights to FL are red eyes), the baby being exposed to germs and getting sick, the heat. What do I do? Suck it up and go, because it means a lot to my husband and his family? Stay home? What would you do?
  • @npaulie I always throw out he blowout onesies and DH gets so mad, but I can't bring myself to scrub layers of poop off something she's gonna grow out of in a week anyway. Aint nobody got time for that!
  • jomarma said:
    Heeeeeellllppp.... my husband's grandmother lives in southern Florida and we live in California. We just learned she has cancer, and at 96, she's opting to not seek treatment. My husband wants her to meet her great-grandson, which I understand, but I am really struggling with the idea of taking a 5 month old (we'd go at the end of July) to Florida in July. I worry about the flight (all the direct flights to FL are red eyes), the baby being exposed to germs and getting sick, the heat. What do I do? Suck it up and go, because it means a lot to my husband and his family? Stay home? What would you do?
    I would go. I took this one to FL at 9 weeks (only a 2 1/2 - 3 hr flight from MI tho) and it was fine.... but as always it's your baby your decision :)

bring clorox wipes to wipe down trays and seat arms. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @thisisallyson thanks I had never thought to do that before. 
    @jomarma I would suck it up and go as it is family and I am sure your husband will appreciate and love to have the memory that his grandmother was able to see your LO.  Like @korpisar stated bring some Clorox wipes to wipe stuff down and with the red eyes hopefully baby will sleep through it. At this age it is easier to travel with LO's. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @allysondunn2 DH and I feel like we're oddballs because ever since we learned we could tug down onesies instead of pulling them over her head, that's how we change her - both into and out of 'em! (In our defense, LO's head circumference is in the 99th percentile. It's quite a noggin to contend with! :lol:)

@jomarma I would go. It would mean a lot to your DH and his grandmother. I think you'll be glad you went too even if you don't know her well. As PP said, bring Clorox wipes. If you really feel uncomfortable, that's understandable too. But if you're on the fence, I encourage you to go visit. 
  • @jomarma I flew with DS when he was three months old and will fly with LO when she is 4 months.  Granted it was only a short flight from PA to Myrtle Beach, SC but it was fine before...except that my son had a blowout on the plane and I was covered in poop without an extra shirt until we got to our condo...but other than that! I would be afraid I would regret it if I didn't go...but if you aren't comfortable that is understandable too! 
  • JilliantsJilliants member
    edited May 2017
    @jomarma FWIW I'm in South Florida and as long as you keep outside trips short and keep baby in the shade when you are out it's not that bad. I only dress DD in a onesie and socks most days I stick a blanket in her diaper bag because most places blast the AC inside. 
  • npaulienpaulie member
    @jomarma I wouldn't worry too much about the flights. I'm taking DS on a transatlantic flight when he's 3mo to meet the family. It'll total 10 hours of total flight time. 

As for the heat I'm interested to hear how you ladies cope with the babies. The hottest it ever gets here is 60, but it'll be 80-90F while I'm home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't keep up with the bump and the Facebook group!!  :o
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• jomarmajomarma member
    @npaulie @dubcompanion @IloveAlbert @korpisar thanks for the feedback. I think we'll have to make the trip, but I'm already not a great flyer, and I'm worried about the baby being in a nursing home or around those who may be sick/immunocompromised... that may make me a horrible person, but I worry! I don't want my baby getting sick.

@Jilliants good to know about South Florida. I'm thinking it's going to be a very short trip, and the only time I'm going to let the baby outside is going to and from the car. It's just a bummer, because all that AC when he's not used to it is probably not going to be good for him, plus I'm going to miss being outside! I don't know how you cope during the summer!! 

• npaulienpaulie member
    So DS has transitioned into only 1 Poopy diaper a day. But when he poops, my god! He fills EVERY inch of that diaper. So many blow outs... I feel like he's going to just keep ruining his clothes!! I think it's time to move up a size! Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • VeeMoreVeeMore member
    My rings still don't fit at almost 8 weeks PP :disappointed: should I resize or give it more time? If it matters, they still fit until about 36-37 weeks while pregnant.
  • @VeeMore one of my rings still didn't fit at 8 weeks. I wear three, and they had all been a little big before I was pregnant.  They all fit now at 12 weeks.  I took mine off pretty early in pregnancy so I'm not sure when they stopped fitting.
  • Had to take the baby for a walk today since the realtor was showing our house. We went for 7 lovely miles miles, and he behaved pretty well for the vast majority of it. There is nothing quite like a really long walk and a cold shower to make you feel better about things.
  • Had to take the baby for a walk today since the realtor was showing our house. We went for 7 lovely miles miles, and he behaved pretty well for the vast majority of it. There is nothing quite like a really long walk and a cold shower to make you feel better about things.

I find that a walk always calms them down it usually puts DS to sleep. Were you able to get much cleaning and organizing done for the pictures and the showings? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lilies5/28/06
    Well, I got enough done. Mostly what I had time to do was declutter and pack in my room and shove crap into closets.

He enjoyed his walk, but we had to leave again (third time today. There was a showing in the morning as well) and now he's having a meltdown. Too much going on today for him.  :s
  • @ShannonJ96 I don't blame him I would have a meltdown as well

BabyFruit Ticker
  • VeeMoreVeeMore member
    @anonellis Thanks! Here's hoping for 12 weeks! My pants won't fit so at least jewelry would be nice haha
  • Hi Ladies!! If you're on the FB group could you make a request to Kelly on my behalf to add me... Smurfette0725@yahoo.com
    I sent her a message last week but I don't think she's seen it. I sent her another tonight as well. Thanks so much!
  • So I've noticed something kind of weird and funny about my baby. He's formula fed and has never been breast fed in his life. He keeps staring at my boobs. I would get why a breast baby would do that, but since he doesn't know what they're for, I have to wonder why he stares at them. Does anyone else's baby do this?
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    Hi Ladies!! If you're on the FB group could you make a request to Kelly on my behalf to add me... Smurfette0725@yahoo.com
    I sent her a message last week but I don't think she's seen it. I sent her another tonight as well. Thanks so much!
    I've asked them to check again today-so hopefully theyll get your invite sent so you can come party on FB :)
  • kjd291 said:
    Hi Ladies!! If you're on the FB group could you make a request to Kelly on my behalf to add me... Smurfette0725@yahoo.com
    I've asked them to check again today-so hopefully theyll get your invite sent so you can come party on FB :)
    Thanks so much @kjd291 !!
  • I'm anxiously awaiting Being added to the FB group too. Thanks @kjd291.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Me too!  I also messaged her last week.
  • VeeMoreVeeMore member
    Same here!
  • jomarma said:
    I know this is DAYS ago, but Id make the trip.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker