September 2017 Moms

Feeling movement?

1235»

Re: Feeling movement?

• MrsVP614 said:
    At what point should we be doing kick counts? 
    Man article just popped up on my Bump app. I'm not sure that LO's movement is consistent enough to start trying to count, although I do feel movement every day at this point. 
    Kick counting is more for the third tri, but you can start at 26 weeks if you're concerned! I never "counted" but I made sure to pay attention. I had a scare once at 26 weeks where I didn't feel DS move all day and he was totally fine. Just had his big head behind my belly button in a weird position where I couldn't feel him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsVP614 said:
    At what point should we be doing kick counts? 
    Man article just popped up on my Bump app. I'm not sure that LO's movement is consistent enough to start trying to count, although I do feel movement every day at this point. 
    ACOG says starting at 28 weeks (24 for high risk).
  • Im 21 weeks and I've been feeling kicks pretty consistently now for the last 1 or 2 weeks, but today I felt the strangest thing like light kicks really low basically felt like it was in my vagina! (Am I allowed to say vagina? :blush: Sorry if TMI.. Lol) Any idea what this is? It feels like baby's trying to get out already! (I'm sure she's not really but it just feels that way!)
  • mandt0917 said:
    Im 21 weeks and I've been feeling kicks pretty consistently now for the last 1 or 2 weeks, but today I felt the strangest thing like light kicks really low basically felt like it was in my vagina! (Am I allowed to say vagina? :blush: Sorry if TMI.. Lol) Any idea what this is? It feels like baby's trying to get out already! (I'm sure she's not really but it just feels that way!)
    When DS had the hiccups sometimes he'd knock  his big ol' head on my cervix and that feels super weird. Maybe that's what you're feeling? Idk!
  • @mrsvp614 kick counts are not as important as noticing a change in activity. Any change, either increased or decreased from the normal amount you feel, warrants a call to the dr. You don't have to worry about kicks at all until closer to third tri though. 
  • @mandt0917 that sounds like lightening crotch... I forget what causes it, but it's like a jolt of pain in your crotch. Its already started for me with this one... but maybe another STM would be able to elaborate on this... lol 
  • @wyomama0427 Yeah I was reading it could be something like that, maybe hiccups.. I just assumed hiccups would feel more consistent and like jumpy I guess? Idk... But it's actually been going on all day now like shes just super low..

@klcarr19 I wouldn't say it's necessarily painful at all just like pressure? But maybe it's just not painful YET ha. It sort of feels like she might be on my bladder or occasionally kick/punch my bladder maybe??
  • @wyomama0427 I can definitely see how that would happen!! It caught me off guard last night I just immediately stopped mid walk and crossed my legs! To DHs amusement...lol butthead
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Hah! The second baby the need to pee and get there fast is much greater... especially when baby is active. This baby is so low in my abdomen that I already have Pee issues at 19 weeks lol! 
  • Week 18 and now feeling little baby pops :)
  • klcarr19 said:
    Hah! The second baby the need to pee and get there fast is much greater... especially when baby is active. This baby is so low in my abdomen that I already have Pee issues at 19 weeks lol! 
    Uh yeah I'm surprised how much lower this kid is that DS ever was!
  • @wyomama0427 at my 16 week appointment the doctor said "wow this little one is low!" When he did the Doppler he started at my belly button and ended up right above my pelvic bone... he laughed and said "any lower little friend and I'm going to have to get the big guns out." Referring to the ultrasound machine. Then he found the heartbeat haha. My DD was always behind my belly button! 
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited April 2017
    @klcarr19 that's adorable lol "Little friend"
  • winerenwineren member
    @msashley2010-2 My baby boy either loves our hates Indian food but it always gets him moving so I have been having it at every opportunity! 
  • Little girl has been moving like crazy. I can usually feel her with my hand too. But when DH feels my belly she stops moving.
  • halstamps Our little guy stops moving the second my husband puts his hand on my belly, too! DH really wants to feel him move, so I feel bad. But I also think it's a little funny.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 20 weeks today and I still haven't felt any movement, am i the only one?! I'm a FTM with an anterior placenta so we knew it would take a little longer to feel her (even though we watched her kick/punch me on the ultrasound) but the anticipation is driving me nuts!!
  • @hmclaren I literally didn't feel my LO move until 20 weeks exactly. (I also have an anterior placenta.) Then everyday since then I've been feeling him more and more. So hopefully you start feeling him soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hmclaren You're not the only one, don't worry! I just started feeling kicks this week and I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. Anterior placentas really are great shock absorbers. I hope you feel her soon! 
  • @hmclaren My OB gave me a pamphlet today that said most moms feel kicks by 24 weeks. I wouldn't worry yet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I also think it can be hard to know what you are feeling at first. I remember when I was pregnant with DD, it felt like gas at first. I mean, def could've been (100%), but I also think sometimes it is movement and you don't know for sure.
  • Thanks ladies! I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one  :)
  • @hmclaren I am a FTM with a posterior placenta, 20+4 and I can only think of 3 times I've felt baby. I did feel weird sensations in my stomach a few times so maybe that was him, but it didn't feel particularly good or different and I had eaten a lot. The movements will come with time for both of us, I am sure!!
  • winerenwineren member
    I felt movement in the outside for the first time today! I texted my husband and he said he felt baby boy kick him in the butt last night while we were in bed but was waiting to tell me until I felt it first.