September 2017 Moms
Options

Feeling movement?

Re: Feeling movement?

• Options
    16+6, I haven't felt anything yet! But when I listen on the doppler, I can tell she kicks it or something and moves away. But I don't feel any of it!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    17w4d and FTM I'm pretty sure I've been feeling the first flutters last night and today! I have my anatomy scan u/s/ on Thursday, so hopefully I'll be able to see if what I feel corresponds with his movements.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello .I'm new here. But I think I've felt flutters.  I thought it was gas but nope. Lol. As a bigger girl I don't feel them as strong as most but if I really wait for them and relax it seems I can  
  • Options
    @amandalynnd Welcome! 
    Head to the introductions thread and tell us about yourself. Also, if you haven't already, check out the *Read This First* post. It'll help you get to know us and the board.
    We're excited to get to know you! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Im a FTM but pretty sure I've started feeling movement last night/this morning at 17+1! I thought I had been feeling flutters this passed week mixed with gas here and then but I wasn't certain until now. I'm almost positive it's baby now :smiley:. I also thought last night that i had felt a good kick too. It felt like a large bubble had popped in my lower right side, like by my hip bone.. it was just once that I've felt it but it made me jump because I wasn't sure what it was! :lol::heart:
  • Options
    This is baby three for us--17+2 and I feel movement off and on at least once a day. Nothing consistent, but usually after eating something. That being said, sometimes what I think is movement ends up being gas :wink:
  • Options
    Today Is 15w.  About an hour ago I felt a rolling movement. Trying not to get to excited. It could just be gas, but it was weird and I have never felt anything like that before. 
  • Options
    17 w and i get kicked at least 3 times a day by my little one. Im a very petite lady and dh has even got to feel acouple times. I had to ask the doctor if what i was feeling were kicks and she said it more then likely is. Ive been feeling quickening for the past 3 weeks. It was amazing feeling that but those first little kicks that you can actually tell are mind blowing and so reassuring.
  • Options
    FTM so I wasn't sure how long it would take to feel something, and I was expecting to have to wait until, like, Week 20. Yesterday was 17w6d and I think I felt flutters... first time I felt that, I think. But it was mild and I haven't really felt it today at 18w, though there's a lot going on in both the stomach and uterus that could confuse me! ;) I look forward to more "definitive" quickening. 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm crazy or it's wishful thinking, but I'm a FTM at 15w3d and I think I felt something!! I was asleep and briefly woke up (maybe to turn positions?) and it felt like a tiny tiny doll was doing flips inside me. I only felt it for a couple of seconds when I was still and quiet. I don't think it was just gas. I guess I will figure out soon enough whether or not it was the real thing! 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm crazy or it's wishful thinking, but I'm a FTM at 15w3d and I think I felt something!! I was asleep and briefly woke up (maybe to turn positions?) and it felt like a tiny tiny doll was doing flips inside me. I only felt it for a couple of seconds when I was still and quiet. I don't think it was just gas. I guess I will figure out soon enough whether or not it was the real thing! 
    It's definitely possible! I remember feeling movement really early with DD. It took me a lot longer this time around. It wasn't til the 18 week mark that I started feeling movement that I knew was the baby. 
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited April 2017
    I *thought* I felt movement a week ago (FTM, was 16w then). It was a little below my belly button and was like if I had swallowed a goldfish and it was swimming in my belly. But I haven't felt it again or anything else really worth noting so who knows. I can't wait to be sure and feel movement more frequently! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @Sugargirl1019 yes! Wash it down with a cold glass of milk and lay down :) 
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 18 weeks here too....I have felt a couple of things that may have been him, but it also may have just been a muscle twitch in my uterus... i'm just waiting until i feel actual kicks 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    Echoing what you fellow 18 week ladies have said... not sure whether I actually felt the baby one time, and waiting for actual kicks, which might not be until 20+!  It's so weird to know there's a baby in there and not to feel anything... Can be worrisome, too, but shouldn't be...
  • Options
    16w6d here. No feelings of movement yet. But I have an anterior placenta and the doctor said I might not feel anything until 20-22 weeks! :disappointed:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i've started to feel flutters this week. it's...interesting. only 16+5 as of today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have started to feel squishy moving the last couple of days. I'm 16w and this is number 3 and it's so nice to finally feel the fun parts of pregnancy  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
    edited April 2017
    I am 17w3d and I have been feeling strong movements for about a week.  I started feeling the faintest of flutters at about 15w4d but I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been pregnant before. I've had probably two or three movements that would be strong enough to be felt on the outside if you had your hand there at the right time but I'm not going to torture my Husband by making him have my hand on my stomach for hours waiting LOL I will wait a few more weeks before I make him try to feel it. This is my 3rd baby. 

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    17+5 and for the last two days I've really been able to feel movement pretty consistently! Usually when I sit down after being on my feet for a long time, peanut wakes up and has a party. 
  • Options
    I'm resurrecting this thread, hope that's okay! 

So, about a week ago I started feeling her move pretty consistently throughout the day... for about 3-4 days. Since then, I haven't been feeling her very much. Is that normal? I'm starting to freak out that something is wrong. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm resurrecting this thread, hope that's okay! 

So, about a week ago I started feeling her move pretty consistently throughout the day... for about 3-4 days. Since then, I haven't been feeling her very much. Is that normal? I'm starting to freak out that something is wrong. 
    Totally normal! She's still pretty small, she is probably just in a different position. Don't freak out mama! 
    Thanks! I was lying in bed last night telling myself "Maybe she is just positioned different. Or maybe since I have been feeling her, I just don't notice each tiny movement as much." But then it would quickly go to "Or maybe something is terribly wrong..." 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I was just googling this because I was worried too. The early part of last week I felt the baby moving a lot and the past couple of days I have not really felt anything at all as well. 
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 one time with DS when I was like... oh idk 25 ish weeks maybe? I hadn't felt him move ALL day, I was freaking out. I ate dinner, drank a whole can of Mountain Dew and laid down on my side for a while... nothin! Not a thing. DH and I drove an hour and a half to our doctor and they did an ultrasound, he was wiggling around like normal! His big ol head was right behind my belly button but for some reason I just couldn't feel him moving. Pregnancy is super scary! 
  • Options
    STM 19w, baby has hiccups 1-2 times a day. I remember that DS had them all the time. So distracting because I stop whatever I'm doing and zone out to feel them. If I'm laying down I can fell the rolling position change too. He likes the left side right below my belly button the most. There will be a few days I don't feel anything though. 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    20w today and I learned at the anatomy scan that the placenta is on top (?!) right now so I can't feel movements as much since that's a pretty thick "band" between the baby and my stomach. Good to know, ha! I do think I've felt flutters, though. 
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Sometimes I feel a ton and sometimes it's quiet. I know my placenta is anterior which keeps me from feeling kicks like I did with my previous kiddos. 
  • Options
    margareth-2margareth-2 member
    edited April 2017
    Yes that's it -- anterior placenta! I didn't know the term until I looked it up just now. Fortunately it's nothing to worry about, and I'm assuming the kicks will come when they come! Not for a while until the baby gets bigger and crowds the uterus more I'm guessing... 

@bassoondiva did you have an anterior placenta with your other babies? If so, when did you start feeling "bona fide" kicks? 
  • Options
    @margareth ma'am we are definitely in the same boat! LoL.  This is my third child and my first anterior placenta. I felt my others a lot earlier and more consistent. I am now 19 + 2.  It is definitely good to know there's no issues with having an anterior placenta but I'm ready for some consistent boxing! lol 
  • Options
    Yay for all the ladies for feeling movement! For those that aren't yet, I don't think you should worry. :) Even if you felt movement before and don't feel it now it's still pretty early and our babies are just so small that it may not always be consistent. 
  • Options
    I'm a stm 16w+3 and I haven't felt the baby yet. No clue where my placenta is located.
  • Options
    @margareth @bassoondiva I also have an anterior placenta. While not a huge issue, my doctor mentioned that anterior placentas have a higher rate of sunny side up babies, so that's worth researching and being prepared for, just in case. 

• Options
    Good to know! Has anyone experienced this in labor? I'm a FTM...
  • Options
    @margareth are you asking if anyone had a sunny side up baby with an anterior placenta? If so, I did. We were able to get the baby to turn during labor, before I started pushing. I had to do lots of moving and laying in different positions, but it worked. The back labor was horrible.