October 2016 Moms

May Randoms

Even though I don't know how to post gifs, I still wish they'd hurry up and fix the uploading issue.

Re: May Randoms

• We can upload photos now in case you didn't know :)
  • Sorry I've been MIA ladies, it was finals weeks and I've been loading myself down with info. 
    I made 100% on one final, and a 98% on my other, have maintained As all semester, an overall 3.8 overall GPA, and have been invited to be inducted i to two honor societies!
    Sorry for tooting my own horn, I'm just a proud 1st generation college student :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @AllyTheKid That's awesome!!!! You definitely deserve to be proud and toot your own horn!
  • We made it to FL and B was amazing in the car (20+ hours)...and, AND he still slept great last night! 
  • We made it to FL and B was amazing in the car (20+ hours)...and, AND he still slept great last night! 
    That is awesome!
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    LO has a mild  case of cradle cap. We bathe her every other day but pedi said it's dandruff and genetic. I have dandruff too so she get it from her mama. Ugh! You have to really look to spot it but I'm hoping it goes away. 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice I think mine does too! It never flakes up but if you look really close, you can see small yellow spots. Is that what it looks like?
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    @fitlady21 yes exactly. I see hers towards the front of her head and especially in the sunlight.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I see it in the sunlight too! You really have to look for it to notice it. 
  • @kmolleltz That is so very wonderful to hear! I am so happy for you, Abigail, and your family!
  • @kgridley27 I am also happy to hear that your road trip went well, and @brzvice @fitlady21 Ditto on the dandruff/Cradle cap. Side note- Jimmy had it too, and it took about 12 months to go away completely. I would massage a little coconut oil on his scalp after bathtime and gently brush out pieces bit by bit each time intil it was gone, and it hasn't returned :)
  • @kmolleltz I'm so happy to hear that!! And she is absolutely adorable!
  • @kmolleltz That is awesome news!
  • S had cradle cap also. Like @AllyTheKid said I used coconut oil on her scalp and used a soft baby brush to massage her scalp while in the bath. Make sure you wash the coconut oil out well because it can cause it to get worse (Too much oil buildup). 
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    @kmolleltz she looks amazing! What a strong like girl. Just had  <3 surgery and is up and at em like it was just another day. I'm sure she melted the hearts of every one at the hospital with those curls and big sparkly eyes. Btw here's Vera, playing twinsies with Abigail

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    LO was never one to spit up until just recently at 6.5 months. She seems to be spitting up every day now. I'm not sure if it's just because she's eating solids and digesting differently or if I'm overfeeding her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvice said:
    LO was never one to spit up until just recently at 6.5 months. She seems to be spitting up every day now. I'm not sure if it's just because she's eating solids and digesting differently or if I'm overfeeding her.

Could be overfeeding.  S used to spit up all the time and the pedi said spitting up is from overfeeding.  The consistency of the spit up is what shows if there is an issue.  S had reflux so her spit up would be chunky and smell sour.
  • From my understanding, if she drinks her regular amount if formula, and happily and agreeably accepts the solids she's offered as well, she isn't being overfed and spit up is just part of the adjustment period until her belly and body get the hang of breaking down the food :)
    We call Johnny 'Gary' now (SpongeBob's pet snail) because he leaves a snail trail of spit up when he crawls around that I am consistently having to clean up!
  • Mine also spits up every time we nurse, but never when she gets a bottle. I contribute it to overeating and a fast letdown.
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    @AllyTheKid I think you are on to something there. V spits up when crawling/dragging on her belly too. Maybe the pressure on their stomach causes the upchuck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You know that "don't swim for 30 minutes after eating" rule? I think that applies to babies' tummy time and scooting too. Too much pressure, and too much action and movemwnt I think.
  • I really wish this cave man phone had autocorrect. I get embarrassed when I reread my comments and see all my typos and errors :s
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    I have a funeral to go to today for my uncle, it's  out of town and we have to bring V. She is a very talkative little thing so I'm worried she will be distracting. I hope they will have a little sitting area I can take her to if I have to. Wish me luck. It's also her first 3 hour car trip. Fingers crossed for that too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. FX everything goes well.  
  • @brzvice My condolences. I'm sure she'll do great, maybe the car ride will make her good and drowsy and she'll catnap through the services. If not- they'll surely understand, and precious baby babble might be just what some of your family members need to help lift their spirits during a time of grief.
  • @brzvice I'm very sorry for your loss and hoping all goes well for you. Ally is right, there is something about baby sounds that cuts right through grief in the best way possible
  • I know it's possible, but is it probable for a LO's top teeth to come in first? Teething is the most confusing thing for me. I just don't get it. 
  • I definitely think its possible.  I don't get teething either.  Whenever she's irritable that is the first thing I say, "well maybe she's teething".  But I really don't know.  I don't see or feel anything in there.

• brzvicebrzvice member
    Thanks for all the love ladies. V did amazing yesterday. 6 hours total in the car, the funeral home and a restaurant no not one tear shed! This morning was a whole different story she was very clingy and fussy which I as well am going to chalk up as teething. Not sure if I mentioned this or not but LO sprouted two bottom middle teeth last week. They are coming in hot now!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    V suddenly hates having her diaper changed and its becoming super difficult. She also has been excuse my language but  a raging B every.single.morning. teething sucks. Only 2 more years of teething though right?  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice OMG. Johnny basically does effing backflips when I'm trying to change his diaper... I have stuck my hand in poop more times in the last month from him than with every child combined so far!
  • Mine doesn't mind diaper changes but she HATES getting dressed! It's awful.

also, this separation anxiety is killing me. I can't even put her on the bed while trying to make it, I have to hold her. It's so difficult getting anything done.
  • S hates getting her diaper changed also.  I just give her a toy or sing to her to try to distract her.  I'm so scared of teething.  S is not what I would call an easy baby and leaps and such hit her hard.  She does seem to have a high tolerance for pain though so I'm hoping that's in my favor.

• So... Do any of you bump on a desktop or laptop?
    I just logged onto TB from my laptop, and the views to responses ratio on the threads is a little unsettling... 
  • I do both.  I completely agree.  Its funny you said something because I was going to mention it the other day.  I wish we could see who looks at the threads to see who is lurking lol.  I'm sure its a lot of the people that were here during pregnancy so I don't understand why they just don't join in since they are checking the threads so much.
  • I'm back from my jetsetting so you guys are stuck with me again! Muahahaha
  • As far as lurking, I'm willing to bet a decent percentage of them are wary of jumping in because they may be attacked for doing so.  Not by any of you ladies.
  • I personally, would love to see some of the old group come out and play from time to time. As long as they're respectful to you ladies and the new dynamic, I think it would be just wonderful to hear from them again. I noticed @chriscasey33 dropped in a few days ago. Despite the situation, it was nice to see an older face leave some feedback. 
  • I always bump on my phone. That's super creepy.. I'm a big stranger danger person which is partly why I'm just now active and am super weird about giving a lot of personal information.