May 2017 Moms
Options

**Appointments week of 5/8**

What is happening this week ladies? I'm assuming everyone is on weekly appointments now! 

Re: **Appointments week of 5/8**

• Options
    I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow. Curious to see if anything has changed since last week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow as well. If there is no progress, I'm going to ask to schedule an induction on my due date because I really don't want to go past my due date. 
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    @WombThereItIs, a scheduled csection for plan B at 39 weeks does sound odd. I forget, is baby breech? I'm going for VBAC and mine is scheduled at 41 weeks.  
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    Does anyone know at what appointment they start offering to strip membranes? 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @WombThereItIs what does your DH think about your C schedules at 39 weeks? I know after me, my moms 3 other csections were scheduled at 39 weeks, so I thought that was a thing.
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    Ultrasound today for a fluid check, hoping numbers are a little better than last Thursday! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @KMD1106 nope she is head down. Super head down if all this pelvic pain means anything! 

@bacorrea I asked him and he said while it's been a few years since he's done OB he recalls that there is some literature out there that suggests earlier repeat cesareans are safer than those done later. I have a hunch though that maybe our planned move was part of the original thought process and now that we are back to square 1 maybe I can push things to 40. No idea though since I've never even met this doc before. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    @WombThereItIs, unless there's another reason they don't think a vaginal delivery will happen, I would definitely push for moving it back. FX the new doctor is on board!

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Appt for me today too! I think it's technically 38w appt but I'll be 39 on wed. I should get strep results and not sure if she'll do a cervical check as there was nothing happening yet last time. I was wondering... is there any point in checking if I haven't seen any type of mucous plug/bloody show? I know it doesn't tell you anything when you do see it but if you haven't seen it that means no progress right? 
  • Options
    Today is my due date. Tomorrow I have an ultrasound and bpp scheduled to check growth and fluid levels. My fluid level has been skating the low end of the range so my doctor wants one final check. If all looks well an induction will be scheduled for next Monday (I would be 41 weeks). 
  • Options
    @erinh2005 technically there's no point because it's not an indication of labor. You can be 1cm and go into labor that night or be 3 4 5 cm walking around working for another week. It helps Drs decide when your overdue what to do but before its not really anything. I was 3 cm dilated on Thursday still got baby in today but it's nice to know my body's doing something. Other women say no to them. 
  • Options
    jayandaplusjayandaplus member
    edited May 2017
    @erinh2005 I think sometimes you can miss your mucus plug coming out, too, so unless you for sure saw it come out there's no way to know if it's in or not.

@WombThereItIs Hopefully you can move the c-section date out and this doctor is agreeable, now that your move plan is different.

Good luck to everyone getting cervical checks/membrane sweeps!

Breastfeeding class tonight, 38 week appointment on Friday and I want to ask for a cervical check if I'm still pregnant, because I can't believe I haven't dilated or effaced more (3cm, 70%) in almost 3 weeks by the point with all of this cramping and minicontractions (not BH).
  • Options
    KMD1106 said:
    Does anyone know at what appointment they start offering to strip membranes? 
    My OB said he wouldn't do a sweep until 38weeks. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I've got my 39 week check tomorrow, last appointment before my due date. I'm hoping for some sort of progression, more for peace of mind than anything else. 
  • Options
    38 week appt tomorrow. I think I will follow @MrsCPALeslie and ask about at least scheduling an induction date. Doc won't go past 41 weeks and the planner in me would love to know a for sure end date even if it is May 30th. Have a hospital tour on Wednesday and our last US Thursday which I cannot wait for. So a fun week of baby stuff.  

Im assuming I will see if my mucus plug comes out if I'm wearing panty liners yes??
  • Options
    @SWE2 That's how I saw mine, but I've also heard it can just come out when you pee/poop and be in the toilet and you may not see it/know to look. TMI but mine came out very much "intact" and I thought I felt it come out.
  • Options
    @swe2 my mucus plug kind of came out in clumps when I peed. I had some discharge when I wiped and on the liner, but definitely saw stuff in the toilet. It happened over a few days last week. I'm curious to see if that has changed anything regarding dilation and will find out tomorrow! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Had my first membrane sweep today - ouch!! I'm 1.5-2 cm, and the baby's head is perfectly engaged so that's good news! Midwife says DH may get his wish and I likely won't have the baby before next week.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @erinh2005 yes thinned = effaced
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    edited May 2017
    Fluid ultrasound went ok and NST showed a reactive baby so that's good! We had a little scare when his heart rate went down to 100 during a contraction but everything after that was fine so they let me go home. 

I get to keep him inside until at least Thursday when we have the next appointment!! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so glad your oncologist was able to put your mind at ease. And that awesome the drains are coming out soon!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    @RainyDays86 so glad the oncologist was happy with the pathology!  Hopefully the good news will keep coming for you.  And hooray about getting the drains out soon!!
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so glad you got positive news