October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/8

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riverrainez Close your door and take that nap!  Do it!  I've only done it a few times in my career, but sometimes you need to shut down.  The great thing about napping at the office is that the at-home to-do list is out of sight and out of mind, so it is a bit more guilt free in that sense!
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    @carries2018 and @bluejeanbabi05 great suggestion on just putting it on the registry, thanks!

@ariz17 I'll let you know if I find any more good info! I remember seeing a good selection at BBB, but it was before we realized we would be wanting one so we didn't pay much attention. I even get hungry for chocolate after seeing my screen name sometimes.  :D
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've never bought a home, so I'm not much help there.

For those of you talking about the bassinet, I'm having the same problem! DH and I want the baby in our room for the first few months to making feeding and checking on the baby easier, but all of the bassinets and side of the bed sleepers I've seen are crazy expensive.I just can't see spending $200+ for something we will only use a few months. I think we've decided to just build the crib in our room, and then move it to the nursery when we are ready for LO to sleep in his/her own room. Is moving the crib unrealistic?
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 Ooh I forgot people had mentioned that. We are registering for a pack and play anyways, so I'll look up the bassinet attachment. Thanks!!
  • Options
    @jessirh I imagine it may depend on the crib, but I assume all assembly-required cribs can be unassembled to be moved.  A little annoying but way cheaper than paying for a cosleeper!  

• Options
    I think the size of this ice cream sandwich is bullshit. I'm pretty sure DH bought them from a center for ants.

I swear they've gotten a million times smaller since I was a kid. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    @NervousNelly825 Thank you for the advice too!  That is very reassuring. I'm really hoping that we luck out on this one :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @jessirh yes you can use a crib, but just note most won't fit through door ways assembled so you will have to take it apart to move. not a deal breaker but a PITA

as for PNP you don't really need the bassinet option if you want to go that route. they have 3 settings of level of the bed in it so you can just put it on the highest one.

what i went with due to space is this, it is smaller than both a PNP and Crib. it is nothing fancy but for us since we only use it for 2 months totally acceptable. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32647946&amp;cp=2255957.2273443.2256245.2256271&amp;fg=Category&amp;fg=Brand&amp;fv=2254197&amp;fv=Brand+Name+Secondary/Delta&amp;ff=Taxonomy&amp;ff=PAD&amp;fd=Delta&amp;parentPage=search

DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @carries2018 the levels for the PNP, is that on every PNP or should i be looking for a specific one that does that? 
  • Options
    actually it could just be called the bassinet contraption @jesssssrg haha. i dont know PNP come with so many bells and whistles. i think it is called "full size bassinet drop in" you can see it here with this one.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=88342426&cp=2255957.2273447.35475976.11614154&parentPage=family

DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    I don't remember who all to tag here, but we used a RNP for 2 months (I know it has it's risks but that was the only darn thing she would sleep in.)  Then we did the PNP with full sized bassinet. 
  • Options
    @KDeola Is your amnio still this week?  I'm sorry if I missed an update - but I've been thinking of you!

TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jessirh yes you can use a crib, but just note most won't fit through door ways assembled so you will have to take it apart to move. not a deal breaker but a PITA

as for PNP you don't really need the bassinet option if you want to go that route. they have 3 settings of level of the bed in it so you can just put it on the highest one.

what i went with due to space is this, it is smaller than both a PNP and Crib. it is nothing fancy but for us since we only use it for 2 months totally acceptable. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32647946&amp;cp=2255957.2273443.2256245.2256271&amp;fg=Category&amp;fg=Brand&amp;fv=2254197&amp;fv=Brand+Name+Secondary/Delta&amp;ff=Taxonomy&amp;ff=PAD&amp;fd=Delta&amp;parentPage=search

[stuck in a quote box]

Thanks so much for all of this info! I hadn't thought about if the crib could fit through the door way. It would be a PITA to disassemble and reassemble it in another room. That bassinet looks like a good option too, and isn't too expensive at all. 

• Options
    edited May 2017

natleilynn When I was a FTM I knew the weeks+days+hours+minutes I was pregnant. Ask me now and I'm like let me check my phone....

@tallmomma29 that's amazing. it reminds me of the one circulating few months ago of a fitness model (?) and her bestie and how different they both looked at just 4 weeks apart.

Found it.

oh that's me on the left ladies.

Image result for fitness model and best friend pregnancy comparison

So i opened the article this photo was attached to, and the model is 8 months pregnant! I'm just in amazement right now. 

ETA they may not be showing a pic at 36 weeks. I can't tell by the confusing article.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @VLillyV sorry super late to the party but we just bought our first home last year and found that what worked for us was financing the house under one person and the other person finance big purchases like washer dryer refrigerator etc.  We were starting from scratch and didn't have appliances to start with and also did the Home Depot small project financing to redo countertops and moulding. 

We were also trying to save for a wedding at the time - note to self never move cities, start a new job, buy a house and get married in 11mo again - so we were worried about cash on hand to close and for unexpected incurred costs.  

Best of luck finding your first home! I'm excited for you!!
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker