Pregnant after IF

First Trimester Check-in May1

wabash15wabash15 member
edited May 2017 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@natalie4oscar EDD 11/7/17

@Gatorgirl2009 EDD 11/8/17

@Sasha29 EDD 11/8/17

@hibiscus118 EDD 11/11/17

@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17

@srh18 EDD 11/17/17 Triplets!

@famiylgrl86 EDD 11/20/17

@megmralph EDD 11/21/17

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@retas EDD 12/1/17

@nikkilegare EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

@stella_700 EDD 12/17/17 TWINS!

@baevn EDD 12/20/17

@wabash15 EDD 12/25/17

@jackiesmom324 EDD 12/30/17

@klake42 EDD 1/2/18

@juliagoolia719 EDD 1/2/18

*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: First Trimester Check-in May1

• Thanks @wabash15!

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8weeks 5days  :D

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  my abs are so sore! Nausea has gotten slightly better in the last few days - it's not gone, but I can eat again and even managed to cook something. I'm also emotional!

3. When is your next appointment?  pregnancy/asthma clinic on the 3rd - I developed a chest infection which may have beco.e bronchitis :/ so got to go to the serious city clinic. Almost definitely contributing to muscle pain!

NIPT blood test in 3 days for early genetic screening (and maybe gender!).

QOTW:

1. To perform acro or aerials in front of a paying audience!

2. Have adventures with my baby.

3. Learn to sew lingerie - I've been wanting to for over a decade now and haven't pulled it off yet!

Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • srh18srh18 member
    @MountainLady good luck with your appointments this week!! 

1. I'm 11weeks 3 days. 40 week due date is 11/17 but my OB will deliver my triplets no later than 34 weeks, which is 10/6. We're hoping for no earlier than 9/22!

2. Some cramping and spotting, EXTREME fatigue. Otherwise feeling pretty good!

3. I'm sitting in the waiting room currently for an early GD screening. MFM on Wednesday. 

4. We're announcing to extended family this weekend and on fb next week! We bought three pairs of year of the rooster tiny toms (DH is half Chinese) and we'll share a picture of them. It's so exciting to share the news with everyone. :)

QOTW
    My bucket list almost exclusively consists of traveling goals! I love to travel and am so excited to share the world with my children. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  11w4d, EDD is November 16th

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Still fatigue, sore boobs for the first time, and not sure what else to call it so I'll call it "surprise intense hunger." Basically if I see someone else eating something or I see a commercial for food on TV, I want it... now. Even if I've never had it before. Kinda weird, haha!

3. When is your next appointment?  We have our NT scan this Thursday! Can't wait to see our wiggly little bean again!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I know it's a bit soon, but the crib I love went on sale (25% off!) and I had my mom buy it for us. I clarified with the vendor (a smaller boutique) not to ship it until June 1, and after it's delivered I have another 30 days to return. Apparently my mom also couldn't help herself and already bought us the stroller I wanted. We're excited, but hope we're not jinxing things!

QOTW:

Wow. I've never really thought about it. Having a baby would definitely have to be one of them. Maybe the 2nd one would be owning a tiny house for vacations. And the 3rd would be travel-related...

Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 8+3, dec 8

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  fatigue, headaches, hunger. Nausea seems to only pop up occasionally for the last 4 days, hoping it stays that way! 

3. When is your next appointment?  the 11th for a nurse visit at my OB and the 12th for last ultrasound with the RE. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Doing yoga last night (for the first time in weeks!) I couldn't do cobra pose! My abs were too tight. Anyone else have this issue??  

QOTW:

1. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? I never had one.....but probably having a baby (woot!), owning a vacation home, and getting my ish together enough to launch a graphic design company. 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  6 weeks EDD 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  the fatigue is kicking my butt. I was really struggling yesterday and it doesnt help chasing 2yr old twins. Thankfully DH was a life saver and let me get a nap in. some nausea

3. When is your next appointment?  Wednesday for US!! so excited to see this little one and find out how many are in there!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Not much, life has been super busy and I'm ready to see that everything looks ok so I don't have to keep this secret!

QOTW:

1. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? visit all 50 states, visit all the national parks, see the aurora borealis 

@MountainLady I hope you feel better soon

@srh18 I had extreme fatigue with the twins too, though it did get better. I love your announcement idea

@lafemmeviolette hooray for the crib and stroller. (its ok to get excited!)

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Cute announcement @srh18!

@LeFemmeViolette good luck with the scan - it's going to be so unreal seeing all the detail!

@PoeMasque YES! I haven't been able to do any back extension (even a tiny bit) for 2 weeks - it's all so taught. It just seems too soon right?!

@wabash15 I would love to see the aurora borealis too - it's strikes me as a good pregnant lady weekend away, so maybe this could be your year! 
    TXX:

• 1. 12-5, 11/8

2. My boobs hurt again, lol.  Not as bad as at first, but lately it's been back pretty intensely. Other than that, the nausea's getting better, the fatigue is mostly better except yesterday when I crashed and literally slept all day, but I blame that on an horrible week at work and a late night on Saturday. Oh, and when my allergies aren't killing me, super-smell is kicking in, my co-worker had me gagging from a foot and a half away with his morning breath today.

3. Not til the end of the month for my follow up blood test and u/s at MFM.  Question: we had the first round of the NT scan done last week, no blood results yet but the measurements ranged 2.1-2.8.  Doctor said I was "fine" but didn't comment on baby specifically, but also wanted us to do a second u/s at the next appointment even though that's not standard, he said to "measure growth" or something like that because "We can't see very much this early" (I was just 12 weeks at the scan).  I asked my OB at my appointment 2 days later and she said don't worry, if anything MFM over-worries people (plus if there was a real problem MFM would've called her and they hadn't even sent the report yet), but something about it still seems off to me. Thoughts? Am I just being paranoid?

4.  Any tips on hiding a baby bump (that still could be from eating a big lunch, but is big enough that buttoning my pants hurts) for job interviews?  Suit is non-negotiable, I work in law, although I have both pants and skirts that might fit, I need to try them on tonight.  I'd rather not just wear a big flouncy blouse, but if I have no choice I have no choice.  I just don't want it to be super obvious.

5. My bucket list is so vague, lol. I want to travel more, there's a lot of the world I haven't seen yet, and I want to try to make a bit of a name for myself in my field.  Other than that, I just really try to stay open to whatever fresh craziness comes my way :)
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  9.5 weeks & December 1st

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Upset stomach. Anything spicy, fatty, sugary, etc seems to upset my stomach, so I've been sticking to a bland diet. Other than that, still super tired and boobs are still sore.

3. When is your next appointment?  May 16th for my next u/s and first OB appt! 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I was up all night a few days ago with pain in my upper back and an upset stomach. Called the doctor first thing in the morning and she said could be GERD/heartburn, a gallbladder attack, or an infection of some sort. Doc ran some bloodwork to see what was going on and it was all totally normal. She still suspects that I might have had a gallbladder attack from the way I described my symptoms, but since it's not hurting anymore we're just going to wait and watch. If it happens again and it is confirmed that I have a gallbladder issues, then I will probably need to have it surgically removed, which is really upsetting to me. Not the surgery that scares me, it's the idea of having surgery while I'm pregnant and how that could affect my baby. I plan on sticking with my bland diet and I'm also trying to figure out anything else I can do to prevent that pain from coming back again. Juts kind of assuming it was a gallbladder issue and I'm eating foods that are supposed to help as well as sticking to a low-acid diet in case it was heartburn. 

QOTW:

1) Have a happy, healthy baby! :) 

2) I have traveled a lot already, but I also have lots of places I still haven't been and would really love to visit like NYC, Paris, Tokyo, and Seattle.  

3) And I guess for my last one, I'd really like to act in a Shakespeare play. :D  I have read everything by Shakespeare and seen many many Shakespeare productions, and I have always thought it would be cool to act in one. My favorites are the Winter's Tale, Troilus and Cressida, and Measure for Measure, so they would be my top choices. I'd love to play just about any character in these plays. :smile:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1) 4wk 5 days, EDD Jan 2
    2) as of this morning vague feeling of nauseated, oh joy.  Still also frigging exhausted, some minor cramps, and the PIO shot locations are just super unhappy in general and remind me they're there ALL DAY. 
    3) I had my last beta this morning (more than doubled from Thursday), and my 6wk US is on 5/10
    4) I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I'll feel so much better after the ultrasound I think, when we can verify that nothing is ectopic and that everything that's supposed to be there is where it's supposed to be. 
    QOTW
    (1) I'd like to go back to Iceland with DH b/c he hasn't been there yet and its just amazing
    (2) see the aurora borealis, I was in Iceland during the summer years ago, I think that was the only time I've been far enough north that I was in the ballpark, but that whole 23 hours of daylight thing got in the way I guess....
    (3) I really want to keep traveling with our LO, DH and I have been really good about taking one (at least) week long trip every year since we got married and I want to keep that going in the future, (I see our trips changing from using my work hotel points and staying at 5 star hotels there's no way we can afford to more budget friendly, but as long as we are still traveling I'm going to call it a win)

@Jeansis that is scary! FX crossed that it isn't your gallbladder and that you don't have any more issues with it!

@sasha29-2 I don't have any experience with that but I'd focus on what your OB said and if they haven't contacted her then there isn't likely a problem

@srh18 that is adorable!!

@lafemmeviolette I think you can't worry about jinxing things, (easier said than done, the one time I admitted to DH I was getting excited I started spotting that night and immediately went back to waiting for bad news), and you'd be kicking yourself if you didn't buy it on sale now and had to pay more for it later!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @JuliaGoolia719 I feel the same way. I will feel so much better after my US and I know everything looks OK. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @MountainLady i wonder if it's the crazy bloat at night too?? I was thinking this morning that my stomach can only stretch so far......I'm not kidding when I say that before bed I have the stomach of a 24 weeker, but by morning I'm back to no tummy at all!! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KLake42KLake42 member

4 weeks, 6 days. EDD 1/2

Over the weekend, I felt some little nausea, but that settled down. Fatigue and sore boobs. Death farts, but that's maybe because I'm eating so much beans and greens, to get as much nutritional folate as I can.

Not scheduled yet, but I'll get an ultrasound the week of 5/15.

My HCG seems to be doubling every 36 hours. 255 at 10dp5dt, and now at 14dp5dt, 1896! So my doctor is very pleased.

QOTW:

I want to go back to Tunisia. I spent a summer there in college, on an archeological dig, and it's such a beautiful country. I worry about the people I met there, and the violence that's happened. I'm glad they've been able to shut down the dictatorship that was in power when I was there, but I'd love for them to find stability.

I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. I've done short section hikes, but I really want to do a thru hike. 

I want to be a mom.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @PoeMasque I've been thinking a lot about this, as it's hard to ignore! I've got really good core muscle from aerials, but I've always had a nice layer of belly fat too... my power gut! I've been visualising that as my uterus is growing, it's displacing everything else from that zone, making my muscles super taught and pushing my power gut further out. So I look like I'm 15 weeks right now... it's consistent throughout the day though - it sounds like you have bloating instead of the power-gut!
    TXX:

• @MountainLady at the rate I'm eating, I will have a power gut in no time! ;)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MountainLady @PoeMasque yep... Everything in my core has been too tight for upward dog/cobra or any kind of back bends really for a few weeks. Cobra's out these days cause I have too much belly to be laying on it, but up-dog is too intense. It's one of the reasons I've been just kind of avoiding yoga lately, it's such a basic pose but it doesn't feel good.  

@Jeansis Tokyo is amazing, we were just there last year and we absolutely loved it, although we liked Kyoto even better.  We don't typically try to go back to the same countries we've already visited without a specific reason, but Japan is one of the few places we're actually vaguely planning to try to go back to just to explore more, we felt like even in almost 2 weeks we barely scratched the surface of what the country had to offer. 
  • @KLake42 that summer archeological dig sounds so interesting! I travelled a lot during the summers in school but not for anything like that!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  7 weeks, 3 days EDD 12/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  The fatigue is real. Boob soreness, no real nausea at this point but random gagging happens a lot, its weird. Noticing the hormones, just not as good at regulating my emotions as normal. Scary spotting early Monday morning sent me into a bit of a panic. DH is a life saver.

3. When is your next appointment?  May 11! Not soon enough, this spotting is making me a crazy pregnant lady.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  first ultrasound last THursday showed twins, got to hear heartbeats which was amazing. We both cried.

QOTW:

1. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? 1. Learn to scuba dive

2. Travel to Europe

3. Try to write a book

@MountainLady I hope you start feeling better soon

@srh18 Super cute announcement idea.

@lafemmeviolette  We should all be able to get excited! We have worked damn hard to get to this point!

@KLake42 I need to add archeological dig to my bucket list. That trip sounds fascinating.

• @stella_700 congrats on the twins!!! thats amazing news.  sorry about the spotting, I know how scary it can be. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 Great news. Get some rest if you can.
  • srh18srh18 member
    edited May 2017
    So much good news for everyone this week!

congrats @stella_700 and @wabash15

AFM, MFM appointment went well today! Our singleton and one of the twins are measuring ahead, the other twin is measuring right on track. HBs are good, they're all moving around a ton. It was so fun to see. :) The tech announced at the end of the ultrasound that she's making an "early prediction" of three boys! We were hoping for at least one of each, so we shall see! The tech did say she can't know for sure at 11w5d. 

In other news, I dropped by my RE's office and donated all of my unused meds today. What a weird sense of joy/sadness/nostalgia I felt. 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  12 + 4

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Still tired, feeling gassy and tummy problems on and off, very mild heartburn in the afternoons, still having uterus twinges/pressure but they are sharper sometimes.  could be gas now?  Haha I'm not sure! 

3. When is your next appointment?   I go Friday for NT scan

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  As long as all goes well Friday (meaning.. baby is still good and we see heartbeat) we are planning on announcing on social media Sunday.  I think we have told everyone that needs to know before we do that :) 

QOTW:

1. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?  See the northern lights, go to Ireland, and visit all 50 states.  I've been to 23.  

TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• edited May 2017

6 weeks today! I'm not sure of my EDD, but maybe we'll find out next week.

Sensitive nipples and nausea on and off, but other than that I feel pretty normal which, is kind of scary!

Next Tuesday. Should be the heartbeat sono!

It makes me INCREDIBLY nervous to be back on here talking about my first trimester. I have experienced three losses in just over a year and I am terrified of another. But, I have also worked through a lot of things and have decided to embrace every day I get to have with these babies (yep, it's twins!)

QOTW:

Living aboard has made travel feasible so I have checked a lot of things off my bucket list already, but here are a few things I want to do. There are certainly more!

Aurora Borealis in Norway (seems like a popular item!)

Taj Mahal 

Visit the remaining 12 of 50 states

@wabash15 My husband and I took a road trip this summer and visited a lot of National Parks. They are gorgeous!

@Jeansis Seattle, Tokyo, and NYC are awesome! Hubby and I are going to Paris in June!

Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • @srh18 I'm so glad all 3 babies look good!! That was sweet of you to donate your left over meds, I am sure that is going to make someone's day.
    @hibiscus118 GL tomorrow
    @takethelongway Congrats on the twins! they are amazing and magical. I hope that they are your rainbows like mine were. hugs and hang in there.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @LeFemmeViolette congrats on a great scan today! its great news that your nearly out of the first trimester!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• srh18srh18 member
    @LeFemmeViolette yay for extra baby viewing time!! Congrats on a good scan as well. Also--you just reminded me I also only have 1 week in the first trimester. WHERE IS THE TIME GOING????
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?

8weeks today! EDD December 15, 2017 

Not a lot, nausea when I'm too hungry, vomiting if I eat too much too fast. Overall having a fairly good time (so far!!!)

3. When is your next appointment?  Should be next week, 9 weeks

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I'm new here! Only really been active in my birth month club, but we conceived via IVF/ICSI after 3 IUIs and two years TTC. 

QOTW:

We recently went to the Maldives after our IVF embryo transfer which was our top bucket list destination and the best place to spend the TWW. Apart from that, I've always wanted to tour Italy and eat shit tons of pasta, so we've just booked that for August! 

Me (29) DH (31)
    TTC Since 2015
    IUI #1-3 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI - BFP - EDD 15/12/17

• @makinganexpatbaby Where are you expats at? My hubby and I are in Qatar!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • @makinganexpatbaby Where are you expats at? My hubby and I are in Qatar!
    We are in Kuwait. Slightly less exciting than Qatar, but we are neighbours!! We are both teachers. 

Me (29) DH (31)
    TTC Since 2015
    IUI #1-3 - BFN
    IVF/ICSI - BFP - EDD 15/12/17

• Hi 

I'm 6w0d due 12/30

I'm having nausea and sore full breast like huuggee breasts 

I'm PGAL so I'm trying not to get too close to this one

My next sono is this Thursday 

My husband and I both work a lot so it's hard missing each other

• @makinganexpatbaby I am a teacher as well. My hubby was an attorney in the States, but is now a house husband. Hopefully, he'll be able to add stay at home dad to his resume at the end of the year.
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • I forgot my bucket list... 

1) stay married my whole life and have a lasting deepening connection w hubby

2)be a mom by giving birth and adopting 

3)contributing to the world in a lasting and meaningful way ie.. The fight for environmental preservation, impactful global health and global development work 

4) visiting every country in Africa
  • I'm a bit freaked out right now. For the first time, I went to the bathroom and saw a red/brown bloodstain. About enough to fill a panty liner, but not a pad. No cramping. And it seems to have either stopped or slowed down a lot, to where there's just a hint of brown when I wipe. I phoned the on-call Dr, and he didnt seem too concerned. Said if I fill a pad in 45min to come in. I'm planning on calling my OB again tomorrow morning to see if I can get an ultrasound.

All this happened right before we were headed out to a concert I already have tickets for. We decided not to go since neither of us could see actually enjoying ourselves.

I'm 12w3d today. 

Any reassurance anyone can give?
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LeFemmeViolette I think your doc seems to be not worried so that I hope can put you at ease at least until you can speak with them or arrange an appointment.. Sorry you are going through that. 
  • srh18srh18 member
    @LeFemmeViolette I know exactly how you feel! I've had two subchorionic bleeds-one minor and one major-and I freaked both times. After the second one (which was full-on period bleeding for several hours), my mfm gave me some info that was extremely helpful. He told me that bleeding without doubled-over, very intense pain is almost never a miscarriage (mc involve quite a lot of pain, especially at 12 weeks). He also told me that by 12 weeks, typically if there was going to be an issue that results in a mc, there would have been a sign. Obviously this is not always true, but he said that while mc after 10-12 weeks is rare, a mc with no prior warning signs after 10-12 weeks is almost unheard of. 

This info helped me a lot, and has continued to help every time I use the toilet and see blood (pretty often, as my scb is still healing). I hope it helps alleviate some of your worries! I hope you get your scan!! Sending hugs!
  • @LeFemmeViolette I've had this happen twice now. First time was very early, last time it was from our first experience of sex after IVF. It scared the snot out of me but my RE said that was normal. You might of irritated your cervix causing the bleeding or it could be a small SCB. Like what srh18 said (and my RE and the IVF nurse), if the bleeding isn't with doubled over cramping you are okay. Keep us updated, I'm sending good, calming thoughts your way.
  • @LeFemmeViolette poking my head in from the 2nd trimester boards. The day before I turned 12 weeks, I had red spotting when I wiped. I completely freaked out. It was gone very quickly, just a little bit of brown left after. I had no cramping or pain, but nothing really eased my fears. Turned out to be nothing- my OB told me it might happen again (and it did, around 19 weeks)- and that some women just spot from all the growing, without any issues. 

Mine was a lot less in volume, but I also know plenty of people who have had SCH early on and are now about to give birth to totally health babies. 

Thanking of you. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• @lafemmeviolette I'm sorry you had a scare. I had this happen with the twins and they did great. as long as it has slowed or stopped and your not having any other signs things hopefully should be ok. (though I too would want an US to make myself feel better!) hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @LeFemmeViolette I am sorry you had to go through this! I have also had spotting a couple of times so far, and it was terrifying. Had brown spotting that lasted for a full day around my 6th week and red spotting once after doing an aerobics video around my 8th week. Both times I had an u/s a few days later and all was fine, but it really took a toll on me emotionally. I was hyper alert for days both times! I hope things have calmed down for you now and that you can get some reassurance from your next u/s.  <3
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker