TTC after 35

TTC over 35::Weekly Check in 5/1

2»

Re: TTC over 35::Weekly Check in 5/1

• edited May 2017
    @vlagrl29 i'm sorry about AF :(  but i'm glad you have things to focus on the next few months... DH & I are focused big on doing more outdoors stuff (hiking etc) and i'm slowly working my way back into the gym..... it really does help.. not only will we get in better shape but it gives us something other than TTC to look at 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • @vlagrl29 sorry that AF is on her way. I truly believe it will happen for you. Will be praying for you!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  I really believe it will happen for us too but just not sure when.  I told DH yesterday - I'm healthy, fit, watch what I eat - what's up with that? lol  even all our fertility tests are normal - my cycles very predictable and I have fertile CM about the same time every month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    *****************TW****************

Oh my goodness ladies.  I had betas done because I was supposed to get my period with the estrogen I was taking.  Nurse called.  I'm pregnant.  HCG is really low at 12.  Have another beta on Monday.  Nurse said progesterone is at 10.  I'm 12dpo.  I just can't believe it.  Oh my goodness.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Eeeekkkk @sp128 so exciting will continue to say a prayer everything continues to go well!!!

@vlagrl29 I know what you mean I eat healthy workout all my tests came out Normal only thing is I have low reserves. I didnt think 37 was that old.
  • @SP128 gave me hope today. Her progesterone level is pretty much the same as mine so I now believe I have strong eggs which are not weak!

@Labluver2 - how do they test your egg reserves?  Is that in the CD3 blood testing?
  • @vlagrl29 they took it when I went in for my consult tho I had it done at the other place so they wanted to compare it from 6 months ago. It was .5 and now its .3 but he said that I can still get pregnant naturally or with IUI. I also had a little inflammation on my left rt u be which they said could be causing a problem. 

I get my progesterone checked next Friday as long as its over 10 we are good. 
  • @Labluver2 - well that's good news!  I learned that progesterone doesn't help you get pregnant but if it's low when you are pregnant the supplements should be taken in hopes to sustain pregnancy. Why I stopped taking it after just 1 TWW.
  • @vlagrl29 yes thats what the nurse told me as well as long and its above 10 I won't have to take it. I normally workout an hour everyday but I'm afraid to do anything to possiblly mess this up so I've been doing walking on the treadmill and yoga no weights or ab workouts. 
  • @Labluver2 - I've had a sinus infection the last week so I'm still struggling to get my energy back.  I do yoga 3 times a week.  I go to a studio that I love.

So my OB told me that if Prog is taken at any time before the egg is actually release it could hinder conceiving - I was like screw that!  The last thing I need is to so carefully track my O and then worry and stress that I'm taking the suppositories at the exact right time.  It was too stressful for me so this current cycle I'm in is the first one in a while that I feel myself again - mentally.  My 7dpo at 2 months after my loss was at a 9.  He told me that he wouldn't worry about it unless it was at a 5 or 6.  Also I have a living child so it was probably at a 9 back then too and I didn't know it because it only took us 1 month to conceive her so no need to worry about testing fertility.  He did say we would check it again when I do get pregnant to be on the safe side.  Also I got pregnant a 2nd time with our loss so I don't think progesterone is my issue.  Apparently it's not the right time yet.
  • @vlagrl29 I go next Friday to get it checked it would be 7 days after IUI . the nurse said if low its hard for a pregnancy to stick so they like it 10 or above. I don't believe they checked it before. I'm trying to keep myself busy now. I'm feeling better last night I was flreally cramps. Today I have a little cramping but not to bad and it comes and goes.

My husband keeps yelling at me to lay down and take it easy but then I start over thinking things.
  • @Labluver2 well good luck! My ob said as soon as I get a bfp go in for blood test for hcg and prog. And keep getting it checked every few days and get an U/S at 6 weeks. If it's not high enough get back on suppositories until 12 weeks pregnant.
  • Congrats to everyone that got BFP's this month!!!  AF showed this weekend, so back to the drawing board tomorrow with my RE for new meds. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 sorry about AF. I'm in the TTW its only day 3 ugh. Good luck this cycle!!!
  • @Labluver2 Thanks...best of luck to you too!!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• I'm bloated on day 3 AF and have been since it started. Not usually still bloated at this point. My mom noticed last night. Hoping I was pregnant. No mom still nothing.
  • Every month my mom asks me. Back in November I was all stressed and my nutrition wasn't in check I had so much belly bloat and ppl thought I was. I'm my moms only hope for grandkids at this point. When it does happen for us it will just make it that much more special:)
  • That's right @labluver2 - DH and I are both only children. Needless to say I skipped dessert last night.
  • I feel like 30 days a month I'm bloated these days. But I get how you feel...I use to be annoyed if no one asked about things, now when they do, I'm annoyed. lol 

Same here @labluver I'm my mom's only hope, my husband is 1 of 6 kids, so he almost doesn't like speaking to his parents lately because they always want to brag about their grandkids. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• katekate628katekate628 member
    edited May 2017
    CD34 here. No AF & BFN.  :( 
    supposed to call RE tomorrow if no AF. 

@vlagrl29 sorry about the bloating. Like AF isn't bad enough we have to deal with that too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited May 2017
    @katekate628 - thanks exactly my thoughts - I'm paranoid now everyone will be looking at my belly expecting something to show.  Nope thats just my little mom pooch from DDs pregnancy.

Are your cycles suddenly longer than normal?  This cycle I just had came in at a 29 day and since the loss it's been 31 days.  Always fun when you get the flow earlier than normal.  Also I'm already on a very light AF day only after a 2 day normal flow.

I was thinking about it over the weekend and I may stock up on some dollar tree preg tests.  Because my loss had a lower level P than normal I'd want to start suppositories as soon as possible if I ever get pregnant again.  I've also had a period with both my pregnancies just for the first month.  If I ever did Femera I'd be afraid I'd kill something cause you just never know with me!
  • @vlagrl29 my cycles have been strange since getting off the pill last fall. They were always fine on it. Last month was my longest, 51 days, 32, 34, 30 & 34 in December when I started tracking. I
    guessing the mild PCOS has something to do with that? 

I had had a bunch of the $tree tests thank goodness! I have decided that I don't really care for the wondfos. There is too much guessing with them (for the opks) I have a bunch of opks if anyone wants them PM me your address and I'll send them to you. 

I didnt have a period with either of my pregnancies, luckily. I was already a wreck from my loss, wouldn't have done well with that. 

The clomid didnt really bother my mood my mood that much, that I could tell. I've heard femera has that effect on people. 

Im anxious about what the REs plan will be if AF doesn't come tomorrow. 

• @SP128 praying everything went well at your appointment today FX!!!
  • @sp128 I can't believe I missed your post!!! Wishing you all the luck today!!!

• @katekate628 - everyone's bodies are weird in their own unique way.  My Aunt had a period with my cousins pregnancy every month the first trimester - talk about stress!!  With my DD I had no idea I was pregnant because of that period.  Around the same time as that AF came and went I started getting nauseous, sick to my tummy, super extra hungry!  I didn't know what was wrong with me.  Didn't know until 4 weeks I was pregnant with her.

Hope you and your doctor get a good plan going.  Maybe it just takes some time after getting off the pill for your cycle to regulate.  I haven't been on the pill since I was 32.

At least now I know to get that prog checked as soon as I get pregnant so I can get on the supplements if need be.  With my loss my P was at a 9.5 at 4 weeks and she prescribed a oral prog supplement.  I took it 1 night and had a horrible reaction to it.  Called the OB and they said to not take it anymore.  At least now I know there are suppositories I can get that give me zero side effects and they go straight to the source - the Uterus.  I actually have 5 on hand in our bathroom in case I need it next time sooner than I get prescribed it.  I've done tons of research on progesterone and during the 5/6 week pregnancy Prog levels can vary from 9-29ng so that made me feel better in the fact that I thought it was my fault for the loss regarding my P levels.
  • @vlagrl29 glad you have them at home ready to go fo when it's time!!!

• edited May 2017
    i'm a little frustrated with understanding my thyroid results...every time my TSH level gets tested it is everywhere... it went from normal to low now... I don't want to move forward with the next month until it gets regulated ... anyone familiar with what TSH levels should be and if it's normal to fluctuate wildly? I have a call into the MA at my RE's office but just curious if anyone else has seen this

05/03/17 TSH   0.328
    03/02/17 TSH   0.742
    01/10/17 TSH    3.100
    10/04/16 TSH   2.350
    03/09/16 TSH   2.780

Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Got my progesterone levels done today came back at 26 they said it was really good. Thats all I wanted to hear!!!! 
  • Awesome! Great news!! @Labluver2

• Awesome news @Labluver2

you taking anything for that? That's a great number
  • @vlagrl29 no just femara and ovidril shot this cycle not sure if that would play a part. Everything is so overwhelming I'm just going with the flow lol as long as they say everything is ok!!! They did say if it was under 10 I would have to take a supplement.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited May 2017
    @labluver2 - well I'm glad you don't have to take a supplement.  Those were annoying for me.  Made me spot a good 7 days prior to AF, delayed AF and when I stopped taking them I got really bad cramps with AF.  Obviously  I would take them if needed when pregnant.
  • did you know progesterone levels can drop as much as 50% after you eat?  I did not until recently.  When I had mine taken it was right after I had breakfast.  Almost makes me want to check them again.
  • Hmmmmmmm maybe mine were higher than I ate 45 mins before my appt