June 2017 Moms

Symptoms 5/1

2»

Re: Symptoms 5/1

• I have taken a warm bath every night this week, because it's the only thing that relieves the discomfort, back ache and abdominal pain. This didn't start until much later with DD! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • HgPa said:
    Interesting, I have a patch of skin to the right of my
    belly button that is numb. I only notice when I'm scratching my belly.

@kahlan82 @KB00 Are they through the Foster Grandparent Program?
    By "grandmothers" I meant my fellow co-workers for are older and treat all us younger teachers as their granddaughters. They even call themselves my stand-in grandmas. We are a very small school and it is like one big family. So I have older teachers and assistants, even long term subs coming to my room every 30 minutes to check on me and give me orders about taking it easy.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Loading the player...
  • Today in the middle of teaching science I started peeing myself. I didn't even have the sensation thag I had to pee. So my mouth was saying, "photosynthesis is when plants make their own food." But my brain was thinking, "oh shit stop peeing stop peeing." Luckily I have been wearing incontinance pads.

• ama7165ama7165 member
    +1 for SPD and also for there's not much you can do for it. I have one of the support bands but have not tried it yet.

Also +1 for hypertension. They also started talking about delivery at 37 weeks also! I have been checking my pressures at home and they have all been fine...doing the 24 hour urine this weekend.
  • The past few nights, I've woken up with a crazy painful burning sensation in my upper stomach area.  It's not heartburn, but I can't figure out what it is.  Anyone else?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• pwool711pwool711 member
    edited May 2017
    All I do is eat and pee lately. Feet always swollen and can practically drink soy sauce. Also DS has hit foot stuck in my ribcage lately but so far has only a couple Braxton hicks. No contractions and no dropping. If anything he's gotten higher up.
  • @Waiting4Fred I have a similar burning. It comes along with my rib pain and precedes numbess.  I think it's nerve compression. 
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • KB00KB00 member
    HgPa said:
    Interesting, I have a patch of skin to the right of my
    belly button that is numb. I only notice when I'm scratching my belly.

@kahlan82 @KB00 Are they through the Foster Grandparent Program?
    The "grandmothers" at my school are much older retired women who come volunteer at our school everyday. The kids actually call them grandma and they help out in classrooms, read with the kids, etc. They are pretty amazing to have around. 
  • The feet swelling has started for me. I can't believe it took this long, but I looked down after school on Thursday and my foot looked like a balloon. 5 more weeks.

• kahlan82 said:
    The feet swelling has started for me. I can't believe it took this long, but I looked down after school on Thursday and my foot looked like a balloon. 5 more weeks.
    Me too. And it didn't happen for me last time till after delivery. Yesterday my hands were swollen too. 
  • kahlan82 said:
    The feet swelling has started for me. I can't believe it took this long, but I looked down after school on Thursday and my foot looked like a balloon. 5 more weeks.
    Me too. And it didn't happen for me last time till after delivery. Yesterday my hands were swollen too. 
    Last weekend we had unseasonably hot weather, I think it was closer to the 90's. I was puffed up like a balloon. I'm thankful that we are having unseasonably cool weather today. My feet look more like normal.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • shmarpler said:
    kahlan82 said:
    Last weekend we had unseasonably hot weather, I think it was closer to the 90's. I was puffed up like a balloon. I'm thankful that we are having unseasonably cool weather today. My feet look more like normal.
    We must live near each other or something, because we have had the exact same weather. I'm so thankful for the fog right now. 
  • @Kylieslip24 East Coast? We had a tornado touch down pretty close a free days ago. No major damage, but lots of trees down.
    Married 8/29/09
  • lmudralmudra member
    +1 for feet swelling and add lips.  My MIL told me last night it looked like I got my lips done.
    Also feeling very sluggish when walking around, pressure down below, achey back and shoulder etc...I feel like what pregnant women look like in the movies.
  • @shmarpler Ha! Nope. California. Weird though, my dad is in Oregon and they just had tornado warnings too. Crazy weather!! 
    Glad there was no bad damage. We lost tons of trees this year too. It's been one crazy year. 
  • @Kylieslip24 , That's funny. I actually grew up in CA, and my parents are still there. They've been getting tons of rain.

Has anyone else gotten sensitive teeth? Started a few days ago.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Yup lots and lots of rain. We need it! 
  • Whenever I stand in place for more than a minute my legs both feel like they would if I had just worked them at the gym.
    Add me to Team Congestion... I have to have a fan on wherever I am, and DH says I snore more now than I ever did before pregnancy. (Typically I would only snore if I was sick.)
    Thankfully the only swelling I had was last week, but I chalked that up to constantly being on the move. Once I actually sat down and relaxed it went away. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • The last couple of days my bump has felt really tight, uncomfortable and rock hard. Has anyone else experienced this? My SIL said this happened to her a few days before she went into labor and it's making me nervous.
  • BellaO21 said:
    Whenever I stand in place for more than a minute my legs both feel like they would if I had just worked them at the gym.
    Add me to Team Congestion... I have to have a fan on wherever I am, and DH says I snore more now than I ever did before pregnancy. (Typically I would only snore if I was sick.)
    Thankfully the only swelling I had was last week, but I chalked that up to constantly being on the move. Once I actually sat down and relaxed it went away. 
    Me too with the standing!! I can barely cook dinner anymore. I have to sit on my birth ball! I feel like I'm 90!
  • The last couple of days my bump has felt really tight, uncomfortable and rock hard. Has anyone else experienced this? My SIL said this happened to her a few days before she went into labor and it's making me nervous.

That sounds like Braxton hicks. I never felt the cramping sensation with DD1, I only noticed because my belly was hard. This time, it is a lot more noticeable and uncomfortable. I've been having them for months. They can happen frequently if you are dehydrated. Mine usually go away with a few glasses of water and putting my feet up.
    Married 8/29/09
  • shmarpler said:
    The last couple of days my bump has felt really tight, uncomfortable and rock hard. Has anyone else experienced this? My SIL said this happened to her a few days before she went into labor and it's making me nervous.

That sounds like Braxton hicks. I never felt the cramping sensation with DD1, I only noticed because my belly was hard. This time, it is a lot more noticeable and uncomfortable. I've been having them for months. They can happen frequently if you are dehydrated. Mine usually go away with a few glasses of water and putting my feet up.
    It doesn't seem like Braxton Hicks to me because my belly stays hard and uncomfortable. It hasn't gone away at all, if that makes sense. With any contractions I've ever had there has been a beginning and an end. My stomach is so tight that it even looks smaller.
  • lmudralmudra member
    Not sure if this could be it at all but at night my stomach gets super hard in places bc baby is pushing f her back end against my placenta.  Last night I could feel her booty all night.
  • @lmc929 I've been told to stop using the belly belt so that baby can head down. Sadly.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Baby girl has been sitting so low this entire Pregnancy, I'm not really sure how she can "drop"
  • My hips are killing me. I guess my joints are finally loosing up for baby.

• kdanjoukdanjou member
    @doodleoodle It could also be gas or constipation.  I've been getting a lot of both lately and my belly gets rock hard until it works itself out.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • HgPaHgPa member
    @huzzahuzza I'm with you! I already feel like this baby is so low. My pelvis has been killing me for weeks.
  • The past few nights, I've woken up with a crazy painful burning sensation in my upper stomach area.  It's not heartburn, but I can't figure out what it is.  Anyone else?
    I have had this too. My doc swears it is heartburn. 
  • @doodleoodle I think my baby may have moved to not being head down anymore and now my belly is hard bc there are so many body parts up by my ribs? 
    I'm nervous and uncomfortable
  • kyreno11 said:
    @doodleoodle I think my baby may have moved to not being head down anymore and now my belly is hard bc there are so many body parts up by my ribs? 
    I'm nervous and uncomfortable
    DD1 was breech and her head was up under my ribs. If you feel the top of your stomach and can feel something hard and round it is most likely baby's head, especially if you feel more movement in your lower stomach. It is super uncomfortable, but I wouldn't be nervous just yet. Baby has plenty of time to change positions.
  • ama7165ama7165 member
    @doodleoodle @kyreno11. I agree about the breech position. I have this hard ball in my rib which is baby's head. I agree it's super uncomfortable. This kid likes it's hands and feet up by its head too an it feels like there is not enough room
  • Micah was breech-ish up till a few weeks ago. He was diagonal with his head jammed in my lower ribs. The midwife told me you could tell it was his head because it feels like a tennis ball. This was around 30 weeks. He turned at 32 and she said this is when "they say" babies turn.