October 2017 Moms
Options

Baby kicking yet?

Re: Baby kicking yet?

• Options
    #1 I felt at 16 weeks, #2 and this baby I felt at 14 weeks. I normally feel bubs if I go lay down about 30 minutes after eating or drinking something sweet. I have to be really still and pay attention to it, but the little pops and twitches are there. I can't wait for him to get stronger so that I can feel him throughout the day, by far the best part of pregnancy for me :) 
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I feel like I may have been a SS about the kicks at 14+2. It seriously felt like very delicate kicks/movement because it was not gas. Since then, NADA! Unless LO went into serious stealth mode....

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I was a few days shy of 14 wks with this LO. Can't remember when I felt the flutters with DD but I do know I felt her move with my hand between 17 and 18 weeks after I ate a PB&J. I usually feel the flutters when I'm sitting up and squishing this LO, not when I'm laying down. 
  • Options
    acnd08acnd08 member
    I don't have a clue. I feel a bubble type feeling randomly in my lower abdomen. I've asked and some say that isn't what it feels like, some say it is, some say it's too early, so I'm just gonna ride it out and eventually, she's gonna be big enough to where there won't be any question, haha. 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Felt baby move for sure last night I was just laying on the couch and it felt like little bubbles and it was right in the spot where they have found baby's heartbeat. So cool :) (16w3d when I felt it)
  • Options
    Anyone 18 weeks and still hasn't felt anything? Heard baby's heart beat last week at 155 BPM so we know there's a LO in there lol. Just not moving lots yet I guess.
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @MamanBee   I felt my LO for the first time at 18 weeks exactly.  It was very sporadic after that and haven't really felt him consistently until week 19 or so.  A friend of mine due in July said she didn't feel anything until 21 weeks.  Maybe your baby is really chill.  :)

• Options
    @MamanBee ive felt him at 18 weeks for the first time. Randomly here and there... Fast forward to 21 weeks and i can tell you either that kid hates me cause what ive been feeling are jabs and uppercuts lol ooooor he's going to be as great at soccer as his dad is cause what ive been feeling are scissors kicks :p

• Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @MamanBee I'm 18+1 and STM and I haven't felt anything that I can say for sure is baby. At my appt last week, the heartbeat was 149, so he/she is in there, I just haven't felt anything g either. The doc assured me it was normal, and by my next appt (21 weeks), I should be feeling lots :-)
  • Options
    @MamanBee I think I MAY have felt something about a week or so ago but nothing since. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This baby is so much more chill than DD. I felt DD at about 17 weeks and it never stopped. Like she was always kicking and moving like crazy. This one, I'm 19 weeks and barely feel it move! It feels like he/she is rolling or something and then that's it. I might have to drink ice water to get it to move again. Lol. Maybe this one will be a super chill baby. DD came out screaming and didn't stop until 11 months old. Now as a toddler, she loves the sound of her scream and randomly screams. Scares the shit outta me lol. 
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting I was right there with you until yesterday...felt movement at 12 weeks (was really shocked because I didn't feel DS until about 22 weeks), but then nothing I could say was definitely movement until 18w5d. With all my symptoms from the first trimester disappearing and no movement, I've been driving myself crazy with worry...hoping it stays more consistent now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The little nugget has been active today.  I'm feeling all kinds of kicks.  It still takes a moment for me to register what's going on.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im a STM and will be 17 weeks tomorrow and still haven't felt anything. I felt flutters at like 13 weeks with DS. I'm starting to wonder if I have an anterior placenta this time. Anyone here have an anterior placenta? When did you start to feel kicks?
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @flowerintherain I had anterior with my first and felt for first time at 17 weeks but then not again until 18 weeks and then it became more frequent... probably not daily until after 20 weeks
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    @flowerintherain a friend of mine (FTM) had an anterior placenta and didn't really feel anything definitive until much later, I want to say close to 24 weeks. 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    I have felt a few things that I think might have been the baby moving and kicking but until I know for sure I'm not convincing myself. Also, I'm only 16-ish weeks so it's very possible it was nothing. Any day now!
  • Options
    Just wanted to come back and update you ladies on the kicking progress!

Had my anatomy scan about 1.5 weeks ago when I was 18+3 and I've been feeling the baby move every day since although it's not constant movement. I also have an anterior placenta but that hasn't seemed to be too big of a deal for me. Baby was looking to be 10oz instead of the average 6ish ounces so maybe that's why I can feel him/her so well with my placenta being in the way.

I will say this kid likes to stick it to me with kicks to my cervix.  NOT FUN....please stay away from the already short escape hatch my dear
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @ariz17 I'm getting the wriggling feeling too but I call it a goldfish feeling.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
     I've been feeling this LO move on and off since about 15 weeks or so, but not regularly. This was worrying me because i felt DD all the time, nonstop from 16 weeks on. I learned at my AS yesterday that I have an anterior placenta and that's why his movements are more muted or seemingly less often. Midwife said the 2-3 movements I'm feeling each day right now is totally normal and will start to pick up/be stronger in the next few weeks. So glad there was an explanation!
  • Options
    Does anyone feel or remember feeling a change in movement? I've felt big movement for about 2 weeks now and it started as flops, large area movement with occasional jabs. Seriously it felt like the baby was doing barrel rolls. And it was all extremely low, with crotch kicks too. 

Yesterday and today I've felt much less movement, and softer kicks. Even after ~jacuzzi~ time. 

TB says that this weeks fetal development means baby's brain is more developed so that movement is more deliberate. Did this happen to y'all?
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    I didn't want to post prematurely but I'm definitely getting kicks. Not consistent though. Started on Sunday. So far she kicks mostly on a full bladder, after sweets, and while laying in bed for sleep. FTM, 18+3ish. 
    Its exciting but bizarre at the same time! Very goldfish like.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When you are up and about working, taking care of the kids, shopping, even driving, your baby is soothed with all the rocking motion. It's hard to feel movement throughout the day unless you sit back and relax for a few. Of course it's possible to feel movement when your doing your daily routine, but if you don't it's more likely baby is comforted by all that motion. 

I started feeling little taps with this one around 15-16 weeks or so. But nothing big or consistent. This is also my 3rd. My first was certainly closer to 19 weeks.

Keep in mind our bodies are so different. I have a friend , fellow team dance mom, who just a year and a half ago, found out she was expecting in November , and due in January! She was one of those " I didn't know I was pregnant" cases. She had an IUD, and no symptoms that couldn't be explained otherwise. She didn't feel any movement because of her body type. If she did, she described it as muscle spasms. She only found out she was pregnant then because of a dr visit for something completely unrelated. 

But back to sweet baby kicks! They will happen, just the strength and timing will be different for everyone. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    I've felt flutters for a few weeks now, especially from Baby B. This past week I've felt more from A and I'm almost certain I felt a small kick with my hand. I felt flutters and the baby squirming around and so I put my hand over that area and felt a small kick. I think I sat at work half the day with my hand in my pants hoping to feel more, haha! That was a few days ago and I haven't felt any since. 
  • Options
    ShreyaRShreyaR member
    21 weeks, posterior placenta, baby is kicking left right and centre, especially near the belly button! 
  • Options
    I started feeling flutters around 14 wks and I am 19 wks today and pretty sure I felt the first kicks. :) The kicks happened when my cat was lying on/near my belly, like the baby was saying "Get off me" haha!!
  • Options
    Fun fact : he wakes up everytime i start "poking" him with doppler and kicks real hard. 

• Options
    I'm 19w+5d (FTM) and I'm pretty sure I've been feeling a bunch movement this weekend. It usually feels like bubbles low in my stomach that aren't noticeable from the outside, but I think I've felt it with my hand once or twice. Also, I went to the doctor on Friday afternoon to make sure the baby was okay after I tripped and fell at work, and we heard several kicks while she was listening with the doppler.
  • Options
    kdel921kdel921 member
    Yes! I've been feeling little movements and sensations the last few weeks but wasn't 100% sure if that's what it was. Now that I am further along I can def say that what I was feeling. The movements are stronger now but she isn't a constant mover so I don't feel her all the time. Nevertheless, it's so cool!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt what seemed like small muscle spasms in my lower belly around week 16-17 while I was laying down but it was a one time thing. Now I feel it almost every time I lay down so I'm pretty sure it's baby.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Baby girl has been active in the morning and evening mostly.  It feels like muscle spasms, and are all over the place.  I swear she was doing a few barrel rolls this morning.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TallMomma29 I'm worried too! I had a dream the other night I was very pregnant and they were rolling all over in there. I could feel them run their arms all up and down my ribs and breastbone. I thought "I knew I would be uncomfortable, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad".