September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/1-5/5

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/1-5/5

• Options
    I want a rumba! They are so expensive.. but one day when I'm rich! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get a roomba! They are so great. We run ours several times a week and it is amazing. Plus, I get a kick out of watching DD chase it around.

A word of warning- esp after you have the baby and all your hair falls out, make sure to keep the brushes clean. We had to dismantle ours and cut out a ton of my hair from the brush. Now I make a habit of checking it for my hair regularly.
  • Options
    labby18labby18 member
    I want a rumba! They are so expensive.. but one day when I'm rich! 
    I got it on sale for $269....i didn't get the super fancy one
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos I put it in the spoiler box, I figured it was a little too weird to let an unsuspecting pregnant lady stumble upon the picture, haha.  So weird, like pineapples growing up from the ground.  ETA- I did know about pineapples, but it still seems weird to me.
    I went to a plantation when I was in Hawaii. I knew pineapples grew on the ground, but it looked so weird to see them growing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I am underwhelmed with the Dark Tower trailer. That's probably my second favorite series of all time, and it just looks like they deviated from the story line so much :(
  • Options
    @Souptin I pmd you 
  • Options
    @jena333 What is Dark Tower about?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited May 2017
    @jena333 What is Dark Tower about?
    Oh my God, where to start?! It's a Stephen King series, bit it's not gross/scary horror. It's Sci-Fi meets Western, it's King Arthur meets John Wayne.. The characters are amazing, complicated and real. 

ETA: pulled from Wikipedia because I can't word today:

In the story, Roland Deschain is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers and the last of the line of "Arthur Eld", his world's analogue of King Arthur. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West but is also magical. Many of the magical aspects have vanished from Mid-World, but traces remain as do relics from a technologically advanced society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on", and it appears to be coming apart at the seams. Mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish without a trace and time does not flow in an orderly fashion. Sometimes, even the sun rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals and age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.
  • Options
    @jena333-2 crazy! DH was just talking about that book/movie this afternoon. Now maybe I need to read it!

• Options
    @jena333-2 I read the first book in that series, but wasn't that into it. I was pretty young at the time. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @jena333-2 I have looked at that series so many times and just haven't brought myself to try it out. It doesn't SOUND like something I would be into but my god I love Stephen King. The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time. I hate seeing movies without reading the book first so maybe this is the kick in the ass to get me to finally give it a shot. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @jena333-2 I have looked at that series so many times and just haven't brought myself to try it out. It doesn't SOUND like something I would be into but my god I love Stephen King. The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time. I hate seeing movies without reading the book first so maybe this is the kick in the ass to get me to finally give it a shot. 
    Like so many of his books, The Stand ties into the Dark Tower series!

Again, stealing from the interwebz because words:

"The Topeka that Roland Deschain and his ka-tet are travelling through in Wizard and Glass appears to be part of The Stand's level of the Dark Tower. Topeka has been ravaged by a superflu nicknamed "Captain Trips". They see graffiti in Topeka of Flagg, Mother Abagail, and the Crimson King.

The Stand also features Flagg, a main antagonist in The Dark Tower. Flagg's powers are clearly evident in The Stand. He is able to inspire a great deal of loyalty in his followers, is able to change shape at will, and can even increase the intelligence of his followers in the case of Lloyd Henreid. In the extended version, Flagg's near-immortality is also on display as he is able to survive the nuclear explosion and washes up in the South Pacific.

In the complete and uncut edition, ka is implied. At the end of the book, Flagg says that life is a wheel that comes to the same place in the end."

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @jena333-2 Ok, ok. You've officially swayed me! I just bought the first book. I started something new last night so I'll start The Gunslinger as soon as I'm done that! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    lilpoots said:
    @jena333-2 I read the first book in that series, but wasn't that into it. I was pretty young at the time. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance.
    I read the first three during the icestorm of 1998, I was 15 (we were without power for a week, I read a LOT of books). I definitely "got more" out of them when I reread them as an adult. I've been through the series I think 4 times now, and I just love them - I get really attached to characters. Thankfully H is also a reader, and we've read a lot of the same books (we actually read Dark Tower books 5 and 6 over the phone when we lived apart, and book 7 after we moved in together), so he knows "who I lost" when I tell him a name when I'm in tears. :P
  • Options
    I am sitting here in a lab waiting room doing my 3 hour glucose test. I hate it. My doctor's cutoff on the 1 hour test is 135 and I got 140. 5 freaking points!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    @stephy_p I'm sorry. I had a really tough time with the 3 hour. Plus, it's super boring. Hope you pass with flying colors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @klcarr19 I'd be counting the days too. 

@Stephy_p  what a bummer. I hope you pass it this time! 
  • Options
    DPandMBDPandMB member
    Good luck @stephy_p. Tat 3 hour test sucks. Hope you pass. Keep us posted.

• Options
    I am interested in Dark Tower now. I read a lot of epic fantasy magic books... The Wheel of Time, The Sword of Truth, The Kingkiller Chronicles etc. This sounds different, but not a bad different! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I love that there are so many other fantasy nerds in this group. :grin: Though I tend to read less epic fantasy, it's still nice to have so many others who love fantasy around!