December 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in Week on 4/28

2»

Re: STM+ Check-in Week on 4/28

• Options
    @Jellybelly119 Looked up the restaurants--YUM! I am even more excited now. :)

@NME44 Thanks! Feel free to keep reminding us we haven't done something terrible. :) My brother and I are 17 months apart, so I know it will be fine, it just seems like early on will be chaos!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    cait5413 said:
    @Jellybelly119 Looked up the restaurants--YUM! I am even more excited now. :)

@NME44 Thanks! Feel free to keep reminding us we haven't done something terrible. :) My brother and I are 17 months apart, so I know it will be fine, it just seems like early on will be chaos!
    Lol, I wouldn't say early is chaos; now that my youngest is 2 there's MUCH more chaos (but fun chaos! The best  ;) ) But my DD is a little wild and crazy. She might be an anomaly  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NME44. Thanks for the kind words although I'm still slightly freaking out with the idea of 3 under 2. Fingers crossed there is only one in there this time. If we have 4 under 2 im not quite sure how I'll handle it at all! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cait5413 I haven't had a chance to read anyone else's responses yet. But we did an overseas flight when our LO was 10 months old. It helped to fly at night (or during nap time maybe?) so she slept part of the time. Babywearing helps a lot! And bring lots of snack! Yogurt bites, etc. and travel light! Bag check everything you can and only take what you absolutely need on board with you.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7w3d

How old are your other kids? 

DD is 2.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Got a call from DD's day care teacher on Thursday while I was out of town on business...she is being more and more defiant at school - not listening and even bit the teacher last week.  Awesome.  Seriously, I almost just flat out asked the teacher what I should do.  She has more experience than I do!  I'm not looking forward to this part of motherhood.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 
    I'm just excited to being having a second - it was a long road to get here!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/
    Ugh.  So we know the gender already since this is a IVF pregnancy/PGS tested embryo and I have been so good not telling my parents yet.  I was planning a mini-gender reveal next week at my mom's bday dinner (just pink cake pops).  Today, my mom and I got on the subject of a future bathroom reno and I said "Well, with two teenage girls down the road..." - I totally spoiled it.  So annoyed at myself, but what can you do?

GTKY:  Any plans for a summer vacation or trip before the new baby arrives? 
    DH and I are going to Vegas in June.  I know everyone is like, Vegas pregnant?  But I used to live there right out of college and I want to show DH around a bit.  Drinks are so expensive there anyway, it's easier than you think not to drink.
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    6 weeks

21 months 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Im just worried about lack of sleep
  • Options
    Sorry! I usually post this on Wednesdays but this week I've not been able to accomplish much! Thanks for starting it @cait5413

@jljeanblanc ugh yes the dreaded 2.5...2.5-3 was
    bad for us in terms of listening,stubbornness and following directions. At 3 it got a little better and now at 3.5 we are starting up with massive tantrums again. My only advice is one day at a time. (And usually lots of wine but we are both SOL with that one) 

How far along are you? 7w, 2days

Jameson is 3.5
    Ugh DS has been potty trained for over a year now and all of a sudden he's had two "accidents" this week. The thing is they aren't really accidents. The one time he peed in his classroom and when asked why he just didn't feel like telling the teacher he had to go and then this morning he peed on purpose in our dining room. not really sure what's going on or if regression in this area is normal. Maybe he's seeking out attention Bc I've been so out of it this week and haven't been able to play as much. 

I'm looking forward to DS meeting this LO and watching they grow up together. 

GTKY:  Any plans for a summer vacation or trip before the new baby arrives? 
    In August we have a week of day trips planned which I'm looking forward too.  We are taking it easy this year because we are planning on going to Disney next year 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @Marley629 just when you think you have them figured out, those kiddos throw a wrench into things! Always keep us guessing, it's not boring, we can say that much! haha

@jljeanblanc you should ask her teacher! Like you said, she has more experience and knows your DDs personality, maybe she'll have some suggestions!

AFM for the record, I did a workout yesterday, and my uterus or bladder did not fall out! haha

I had a bit of an epiphany, I'm all paranoid about my pelvic floor, and as a result it kind of paralyzed me into doing nothing, but i realized that is the opposite of what I need to do to keep it strong and functional! So I will continue to work out with good strategy and keep an eye on my symptoms, but so far today no change! Yay!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    missphilmissphil member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 
    7w2d

DS is 17 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Where do I begin?!
    My son is still breastfeeding and I'm terrified of losing my supply. I don't want to wean and I'm hoping to tandem feed when baby gets here. I'm also concerned about how he will sleep while I'm in the hospital giving birth. 
    I was so relaxed and happy for my first pregnancy and this one is unexpected (we definitely want a second baby but didn't expect to have one with early) and I'm nervous that things will go wrong.
    Also I want to try for a VBAC but I'm so tired right now I can't even imagine going through everything.

I'm just happy to give my love to another baby and see how different or similar he or she will be from my son. It's exciting to watch them grow and learn.

In the best of circumstances I would have loved a third baby but honestly the nausea is making me question whether I'll ever want to get pregnant again in the future. I wake up in the morning and "life" makes me nauseous haha

the rest got cut off for some reason- not planning a trip but it could happen. And if so, it will probably be Portland or Toronto
  • Options
    @missphil Portland, ME or OR? both are great! 

I had MS with my last, which sucked, but I never actually threw up and it was over by the end of the first trimester. Last night I was so sick, I didn't sleep at all from the dry-heaving. I'm kind of hoping I ate something bad or something because I still feel terrible today (no throwing up so far, though) and I'm not sure I can take this for another 6-7 weeks! If I still feel bad tomorrow, I may have to call my doc and try to get some meds. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @kvacmak glad you had a good work out!
    @missphil we had to wean to do fertility treatments but my understanding is for most moms their supply will drop but does not necessarily dry up altogether. even if he decreases his nursing sessions while your pregnant I have heard of many moms who go on to tandem successfully once their milk comes back in with the new baby. GL!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @cait5413 Portland, OR- I have always wanted to go! That's sucks about the nausea. Hope it goes away quickly. Last time I had nausea for half my pregnancy! It was insane- but this time I'm not throwing up and it's not as bad. 

@wabash15 thanks for the support. For some women it dries up until colostrum comes in, and for others it remains in small amounts. I hope I'm the latter! My son is not a huge solids person so I do rely on the BM to get him extra nutrients.
  • Options
    @missphil totally missed your post earlier! I am still BFing my 15mo as well! I am with you, SO not ready to give it up! Though my supply has completely tanked and he gets REALLY frustrated at the boob, but I'm hoping we can pull through. I'd like to make it to his 2nd birthday, so after baby comes! Have you been doing anything special to keep your supply? I tried looking on kellymom and did not find anything all that helpful, and unfortunately my midwives just referred me back to that so unhelpful... 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @kvacmak Hi! Yeah it sucks! I feel like my supply has dipped a little and my son is nursing more and longer at night- but that could be a coincidence. If it dips more, I'm going to start eating oatmeal everyday and drink a ton of water. I also heard potatoes are great for supply and I have been craving them so that works out. There is a "pregnant/tandem breastfeeders" group on Facebook that is quite nice