September 2016 Moms
Options

April Randoms

2»

Re: April Randoms

• Options
    We recently bought the 6-12 months ones as well but there isn't a size difference in the nipple part it is the part that holds the pacifier that is bigger. Not sure where brand you guys are using. We haven't given him the new ones yet though so we shall see.
  • Options
    We use NUK and the nipple part is definitely bigger when buying the 6-12 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's ok so long as they aren't pushing a lot against his lips. As far as I know most pacifiers are the same size (the part that goes in the mouth) and the outer size changes. Or that's what I've been told. We use mam and still have 0-6 month. Just never sized up. 
  • Options
    We use the tommee tippee ones and the nipple part isn't any bigger. Only reason we are going up in size is he can almost fit the entire pacifier in his mouth and I don't want him choking on it.
  • Options
    I'd like to listen to more music with my LO but the one children's station I know about plays pretty bad music. I really can't tolerate it for more than a few minutes. Is there a station or band anyone can recommend that you find enjoyable as well? 
  • Options
    I think the 0 to 3 month pacifiers are more flexible and my LO still prefers those to the 6 months and older ones although he is starting to get away from using them at all.

@BabyBoyH92016 I wonder if you could find an a line station you like better. Or if you are in the car maybe a CD?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    80s rock? That's what our kids listen to  :D
  • Options
    At this age just listen to what you like! Throw in a few baby songs here and there since they really do enjoy them but don't torture yourself, ha ha.
  • Options
    Do you have Spotify? I just type in kids music and it comes up with a million results. I'd check it out if what you're listening to is getting stale. 

But I'm with @molosmiles. We listen to whatever we want with some Baby Beluga and Wheels on the Bus interspersed. Lately he has been listening to the Hamilton Soundtrack (it's history!) and whatever horrible music my husband listens to. Haha.

• Options
    Also adding this because it's funny and some babies just prefer gangster rap over nursery rhymes.

https://youtu.be/D7_0SOTQLIQ
  • Options
    @Laraeq we've been listening to Hamilton too! I also do soundtracks from Disney movies since those seem to have good tracks.

We have the echo dot so I just ask Alexa to play children's music and she plays the same children's station that I can't stand. 
  • Options
    That video is hilarious!!
  • Options
    X loves music no matter what it is. His favorite is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. It has to be his song not any other version. It is our go to when he is extremely upset or fussy.
  • Options
    Well damn, AF is officially back. Was hoping it would stay away longer as I still breastfeed every 2-3 hours during the day but apparently the sleeping through the night will do it. It does at least explain whats been going on with nursing the past several days! ( super fussy, painful latch again, and waking early in the morning again) Hopefully everything will be getting back to normal nursing-wise in a few days. I really was getting ready to quit for a while there.
  • Options
    Okay don't want to to sound dumb but what is AF? I am so not someone who knows abbreviations for stuff on here. I have had to Google things from time to time lol.
  • Options
  • Options
    That's what I thought but want 100% sure. Thanks.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 I totally had to look up what all the abbreviations were when I joined cause I had no idea what anyone was taking about on the trying to get pregnant board.
  • Options
    Do those puréed food packets really go bad in 24 hours? My LO can't finish them fast enough and I have to throw them out! Seems like a waste of money.
  • Options
    @Sbrown721 I wonder the same thing and hate throwing out the pouch after 24hrs. Seems like it should be a little longer then that. 
  • Options
    My mom will use them within 48 hours when watching LO. It hasn't made her sick. But I've only bought them a few times so it hasn't been a regular thing. I think it's more about bacteria. If babies saliva is getting into the pouch it's better to use it asap. If you are putting it into a bowl or whatever it should last a bit longer.
  • Options
    You could squeeze out leftovers and freeze it.
  • Options
    I don't recall if I posted about this or not, but any moms teaching their baby sign language? I know one mom posted about their baby knowing the sign for milk.

I would like to teach my LO sign, but don't know how do go about this. Do I start with one and wait until he learns that sign, or do a do multiple at a time? 
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I've worked with children for many years and have taught a lot of babies sign language. What I have seen other teachers do and what I do is to just go ahead and do multiple at a time.
    When teaching a word, I make the sign repeatedly and then grab my baby's hand and help him make the sign. For example, for "more", I make the sign, grab my baby's hands and help him make the sign and then I hand him more food. It may take about a month of your baby staring at you blankly, but suddenly one day your baby will be doing it!
  • Options
    What @Sbrown721 said. We did signing w our older two and have just started w this LO. Milk, more and all done. We have some of the baby signing time dvds. Our youngest loved them, middle child was indifferent. Good way for the parents to learn signs though too.
  • Options
    I had been curious about baby signing but you guys were the push needed to actually look into it further. Bought a book on it today ( extremely reasonable price ) and have already read through it and am practicing the most useful ones right now. I'm so excited to try this with her. I guess it is going to be good for me as well as I didn't realize how much I needed a project. I feel more challenged than I have in a long time and am looking forward to learning something new myself.  Thank you girls for bringing this up! 
  • Options
    @jellybiehn keep us posted! What book did you purchase? I've mainly looked online at a few resources, but haven't tried anything. I know they say babies as young as 6months can learn to sign, but I'm worried if I start too soon, it might take him awhile to pick it up and I might lose patience and quit. I was thinking of starting somewhere around 8-9months.
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 lol that is almost an exact line from the book about starting early. My LO will be 8 months this week so it seems like the perfect time to jump right in. I looked around online a little bit then just went to the bookstore and picked up ' Baby sign language basics ' by Monta Z. Briant and so far I am happy with it. Very basic front section outlining the positive benifits, FAQ, and getting started and then the rest of the book is 300+ signs. Very fun so far. Just have to get my husband as excited about it. I think all the work will be worth it when she starts signing back. 
  • Options
    Luke is getting both of his bottom 2 front teeth. My girls didn't get their first tooth until they were a year old. He is miserable and it feels like they have been trying to break through the gums forever. Just when I think I might be able to start running again I go with little sleep and change my mind. He is just finishing meds from an ear infection so he went from that to teething. I'm so sleepy....
  • Options
    That sucks! Teething is never fun!
  • Options
    Poor baby! We are dealing with an eye infection, fever, and runny nose. Top that with teething and I can't imagine how that poor baby feels.
  • Options
    Poor LO, an ear ache on top of teething is just unfair! My LO had a super fussy past few days and wouldn't nap more than 30 mins. Finally today I felt a tooth sneaking through! Poor little girl. 

These LOs are growing up too fast. I swear she just learned to crawl and two days later she is standing at the side of her crib when I turn around. 
  • Options
    drabong88drabong88 member
    edited May 2017