September 2016 Moms
Options

April Randoms

Since it's already April figured we should start a new thread
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: April Randoms

• Options
    Continuing the discussion of baths we have given LO a bath every night probably since he was 3 months old. He doesn't get soap every time but at least gets in the tub. Bath time is his absolute favorite and I think he knows that after bath time is bottle then bed. If he didn't love bath time so much I'm not l sure we would have given him one every night 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL Luke did that same thing but with my leg over the weekend! I sat him down at my feet for just a second and the next thing I know he had managed to crawl up my leg into a standing position. He is pulling up onto everything now! He does like a half crawl right now with one foot on the ground and the other in position but he flat out refuses to use both knees! He has reached that age where he knows he should be able to walk and move but he can't so play time with his toys is getting less and less interesting. I get about 5 minutes at a time if I'm lucky and then he's back on my hip! I like to call this the transition stage because in just a few weeks I know he is going to really start moving and get into everything and driving momma nuts!!
  • Options
    I'm super excited for LO to really crawl because he's so close, but sometimes it's nerve wrecking  to watch him try. Once in awhile he ends up flopping him self forward with such force he's hit his face on a large toy, or he ends up unintentionally rolling over super fast it scares him. We definitely have been having some tears over here due to crawling practice.
  • Options
    Dylan is getting so close to crawling he will go like one of two actually crawls but then he flops down and army crawls around and boy is he fast! Can't leave him for more than 30 seconds or he is already getting into something he shouldn't.....like chewing on phone cords or the dogs toys. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so NOT JEALOUS of the crawlers! I'm totally fine with my baby staying put for now! The amount of Legos, tiny rocks, beads, etc my older kids have... agh. Will be fun prying those from her tiny mouth!
  • Options
    @hejo2016 oh I know it's going to be trouble when he really gets going, however his mood and whininess is improving the closer he is getting to being mobile. That's the reason I'm excited for him. Definitely not looking forward to having to baby proof. 
  • Options
    Yeah she is frustrated when she isnt getting it right now so I won't miss that. I am terrified of her being mobile and eating stuff off of the floor. I don't have any little toy bits laying around but do have a dog that takes 4 pills a day to prevent seizures. Hes really good at taking them but on occasion I have found them on the floor so now I'm paranoid! Going to do a lot of floor sweeping daily I think to ease my mind....

• Options
    I thought Ellie was trying to crawl...But then she learned how to get on her hands and feet so now she only tries to stand or sit. She can push herself around a bit. She definitely figures out how to get what she wants but she does get frustrated. My older one crawled at 4 months and could stand and walk while holding onto furniture at 5 months. And while Ellie loves to stand she mostly does a little jig instead of steps, but she is getting there. She tries to let go of our hands while standing too, ha ha. She also waves and does Patty Cake. Super cute.

I love hearing about all the babes!
  • Options
    Crawling at 4 months!? Holy cow! Is she a super active kid still @molosmiles
  • Options
    I'm not excited for crawling either. My LO already tries to grab everything. Him being mobile will definitely keep us on our toes!

For those of you whose babies are trying to stand, how is their balance? My LO keeps pulling up on stuff to try to stand but he is really wobbly and off balance and I am assisting him in standing by holding him up. Even if he was holding on to something, he would certainly fall down because he doesn't stand on flat feet yet and is just still too floppy in general. It makes me nervous because he is trying this new trick on everything! Maybe I should just buy him a helmet and let him have at it? Haha
  • Options
    @hejo2016 Yes! She is very active. Calming down with age, Thank goodness.

@laraeq very wobbly here too. She cant stand on her own but each day seems to be a bit more stable. And luckily she only tries to pull up on us not on furniture yet.
  • Options
    X is still wobbly but that does not stop him. He pulls up on me, his crib, and he tries while on the couch. He is seriously trying to give me a heart attack lol.
  • Options
    Yep Dylan is starting to pull up on everything too! My husband said last night he took a step or two while holding on to his bouncer. I can't believe how much he can change and how much more he can do in just a matter of days
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Crazy to me that a year ago we were starting to share the news of my pregnancy. Time flys!
  • Options
    Yep we told most of our family on Easter of last year! It seems like it wasn't that long ago! Now im already starting to think about what to do for his first birthday ! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A couple of weeks ago Facebook reminded me it had been a year since we announced our pregnancy. It is insane how fast time is going by.
  • Options
    We told our parents on Valentines Day, the extended family on Easter. It's so crazy that now these babies are here and part of our families. 
  • Options
    You guys are so good. I don't even remember when I told people, lol. But it was early!
  • Options
    I hope everyone had a good easter! My mom got Dylan some of those little dissolvable yogurt drops and he loves them :-) I had to break them in half becaue I was nervous about him choking but he loved them 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at the point where I'm feeling overwhelmed by the endless loop of stuff. Work, laundry, dinner time, bedtime. Husbands job is kinda blowing right now, trying to sell a house and supposed to close on a new one. That won't happen without selling the current and husbands job in the air. Feel a little like running away.
    Wont happen. But maybe someday I can take a vacation...
  • Options
    Sorry things are chaotic for @hejo2016. I had a crap whirlwind kind of day yesterday and can feel your agony. I'm kind of at a crossroads myself about my job right now and unsure of what to do. Try talking to my fiance about it but he always tells me to do what I feel is best. Ugh dude I want your advice/opinion lol. I hope things get better for you soon.
  • Options

I'm with you @hejo2016 ! You described it perfectly as an endless loop. Feeling discouraged lately as well as last week LO slept from 730-730 and it was glorious! Thought all my work tweaking her schedule was finally paying off... but since the weekend we are back to 430, 5, 530 wake ups . Naps have gotten so short that we had to go back to 3 a day. Every time we get a couple of small steps forward we get a giant one back.

On a fun note she has started doing what I can only describe as 'stink face'. Its so cute, she scrunches up her little face and breaths loudly in and out of her nose... no idea where this came from but it is really entertaining! She also figured out her jumparoo and is a little jumping fool now. Watching her grow and figure things out is really exciting, she can now get into a sitting position on her own and self serves at her toy box. Now if she would only sleep! Lol....

• Options
    @hejo2016 I'm with you on the endless loop thing.
    I'm trying to schedule fun for me to do so I can try to stop the monotony. Last week I took a class on succulents and next week I'm going horseback riding with a friend. I'm letting cooking and cleaning slide a little but this is better for my mental health. Is there something you have always want to try? Maybe you can take a class? 
  • Options
    Xavier is a scooting fool. He does this modified army crawl thing. Today he started to get up on his knees and kind of rock. Thinking he'll be crawling in the next week or so.
  • Options
    Molly has no interest in crawling or scooting around. She will rotate on her tummy to face stuff but won't at all attempt to move anywhere. She sits up and bounces around in her jumperoo, but no crawling or anything. I know some babies don't crawl at all, so we will see if she does or doesn't!
  • Options
    @Laraeq that's a good idea! I have been getting out to do more workouts with friends, which does help. But it's so hard to squeeze those in too! 
    I know this is all a phase and will pass. Just hard to not be stressed.
    Our LO is doing the army crawl too! She's way better at backwards than forwards :) Up on the knees and rocking. So not ready!!
  • Options
    Yeah my LO has been doing the rocking on the hands and knees for a while now, no crawling yet. She is doing the spinning around to look at things and ends up barrel rolling to get any real distance. She is also trying to stand herself up and really just looks like she is doing yoga downward dog these days. 
  • Options
    I feel your pain ladies. We have moved three times since I got pregnant. Things are tense in my household and beyond stressful at work. Ellie doesn't sleep and will only sleep with me. I'm determined to get her sleeping in her crib and for longer periods. I'm just drained.

But she is still so super sweet. She waves at everyone, plays peekaboo (cutest thing ever, she hides behind whatever she has and puts her head down then quickly drops it), she's crawling and pulling herself up on things. Her crawl is still funny but it gets her where she wants to go! She uses her hands and feet and kinda shakes her booty the whole time. She also gets herself into a seated position. Man, they grow up fast. 

Things will get better!
  • Options
    BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited April 2017
    Officially crawling over here too! He looks so cute like a robot baby because he lifts his arms really high and it isn't always the smoothest but he definitely is crawling all over the place. He also goes from belly to sitting which sometimes leads to a tip over if he is at a weird angle or uses too much force. I definitely have to stick close to him now because I don't want him cracking his head on the hardwood floor. He only has a small area of foam squares which he doesn't stick to. What are you mamas of crawlers doing to make sure they are not injuring themselves? Right now I just have to watch him like a hawk. Our place is very cluttered since having the baby (we live in a 1000sq condo) We are moving in 2ish months to a house so baby proofing seems pointless. I honestly don't even have the space to put all the things away that I need to.

Also, I'm not sure if I should be concerned, but my lo isn't really gaining weight anymore  (we have a bath scale so I know) He was 19pounds at his 6 month appointment which was on 3/8, and has only gained a few ounces since. Just not typical of what his weight gains have been. He randomly will sleep through the night so he's been missing a feeding here and there. He just started to really crawl this week, but he's spent the last 5weeks or so doing all those pre-crawling type moves, so I wonder if he's just burning a ton more calories. He has a bad cold now so trying to get him to drink or eat more is pointless. Not sure if this halt in gaining weight is anything to be worried about.
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I think I read somewhere that weight gain slows down significantly after about 6 months. But you are probably right about the burning more calories. Xavier is on the go all the time without crawling that I am trying to make he gets enough calories to burn when he is so active. I feel your pain about the small living arrangements. Our house is a small 1000-1200sq ft and have no room for all his stuff. We will be moving sometime next year since we are planing the wedding this year. So many changes so quickly.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 I cannot wait to move! Not only is our place small, but we also live in a loft. Even though we have two rooms, the walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling, so really, it is one huge room (except for the bathroom. That is private). My lil guy goes to bed pretty earlier, but I spend the rest of the evening walking on egg shells. We watch tv on a low level with captions on and with the lights off. I cook dinner by very dim light and cringe anytime I'm accidentally loud. It just really sucks and gives me anxiety since I'm always worried that we will do something to wake lo up.

We bought a house and are doing an extensive renovation...pretty much a gut rehab. We are on month 5 of the renovation which I was told would take 4 months! I do see a light at the end of the tunnel and even though we probably have another 2 months ahead of us, the hard stuff is over and things are moving really quickly. I was telling my husband yesterday that I can't even imagine what it will be like to cook dinner with all the kitchen lights on, and perhaps I can even start talking on the phone again after lo goes to sleep. What a luxury! I don't even know why I thought we could live in this place with a baby for even a minute. Huge fail on my part. Big lesson learned.
  • Options
    Oh man, I can't imagine dealing w a loft and a baby! Glad the house is almost done! We decided we're taking ours off the mkt on Mon. More space would be great with three kids, but we just need to organize our shit better and get rid of crap. It's been too stressful trying to sell. The Reese's eggs are evil. Omg. The bigger egg shaped ones?? I could eat the whole bag. And they're 50% off at Target...
  • Options
    Lol...Yeah my husband came home with 8 chocolate bunnies this week cause they were on sale after Easter. There goes my weight loss plans...
  • Options

Omg my sweet little girl has only napped for a total of 1.5 hrs today... how is she still wide awake! Naps have been a struggle ever since she learned to sit up on her own but this is ridiculous. She's getting around a lot better on her own now so I guess exploring wins out over napping. She is currently removing all of the foam pieces I put on the deadlier furniture.... they worked perfectly to interest her in said furniture!

• Options
    Haha! Hilarious she's taking them off!
  • Options
    I guess I need to baby proof better. Dylan smacked his head on the base of an end table today and has a nice red Mark to show for it. :-( he just pulls up on absolutely anything....yesterday he pulled himself up just holding and leaning on the wall. And when I pick him up and put him back in the middle of the floor he just laughs as crawls off again...so frustrating yet so adorable. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My lo still uses pacifiers that are 0-6 months. I bought the next size up which are 6-12 months, and he spits them out. My H has started to become concerned that there is an orthodontic reason he should be using the bigger pacifiers. Anyone have any insight on this?