December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/29-5/5

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/29-5/5

• NME44NME44 member
    karabrown said:
    For the moms who have both a boy and a girl.... were your pregnancy symptoms different or the same? I have a boy and we are hoping for a girl this time around. Im feeling nausea but not throwing up like I did with my son.. 
    I was SUPER emotional with my girl. Like so much so that I had a breakdown a week before I realized I was pregnant and said to my MIL, "I must be pregnant and if I am it's a girl, because I was never emotional like this with N." I was kidding, of course, but a week later it turned out to be true. (It was true then, too. I just didn't realize I was late yet.)
  • BC814BC814 member
    I'm still feeling super nervous about my spotting. I called today and I am completing blood work today and Wednesday to check my levels. My home pregnancy tests start turning instantly, before urine even hits the control line. I think it's high.  I am trying to put in my mind The whole "what's meant to be will happen", but I can't help but be losing my mind over this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • joziejojoziejo member
    edited May 2017
    BC814 said:
    I'm still feeling super nervous about my spotting. I called today and I am completing blood work today and Wednesday to check my levels. My home pregnancy tests start turning instantly, before urine even hits the control line. I think it's high.  I am trying to put in my mind The whole "what's meant to be will happen", but I can't help but be losing my mind over this. 
    I spotted quite a bit around week 6 and drove myself crazy with tests. 9 week ultrasound showed a healthy little peanut! It can be super stressful, good vibes headed your way 
  • atackatack member
    Anyone have a belly button hernia?

i think I have one.  Ugh it's annoying- more I think about it I think it may have always been there since my last pregnancy 4 years ago.  Now it's bulging a tiny bit by the end of the day. 

Anyone else deal witb this?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • BC814BC814 member
    wstacij said:
    BC814 said:
    I spotted quite a bit around week 6 and drove myself crazy with tests. 9 week ultrasound showed a healthy little peanut! It can be super stressful, goos vibes headed your way 

Thanks so much for the good vibes. It's also nice to hear a good outcome. With my first I had an implantation bleed that lasted 12 hours, then nothing after that. This time it was 2-3 days implantation bleeding and spotting here and there for the past few days. I just want to fast forward to my 10 week appt and have a better idea of what is going on.  I'm so impatient! Positive vibes to you as well! 
  • Just got my first aversion!!! Steak! :( I'm so sad. I love steak. I never had any symptoms aside from major heartburn with DD, so tonight after 3 bites of steak, i was really upset that it was actually making me sick to my stomach. I'm hoping it stops at steak, because I can't eat the same things every day. haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first appointment with my OB is next Wed. 5/10.. But he requires all his new patients or new pregnant moms to have a separate appointment with the Nurse Practitioner before he sees them.. Which is super f-ing annoying because they had no same-day slots available for me to do both appointments in one day. So now I have to go to the clinic the day before on 5/9... It's just frustrating because I have to miss work to go to this mid-day appointment that isn't even with my regular doctor.
    I've already had an ultrasound, I already know I'm pregnant, I just don't see the point.
  • Has anyone else had cramping during the night? I don't have any spotting other than the faintest pink when I wipe today but of course I'm freaking out. I'm at 6 weeks and have had some cramping, but last night was worse. 
  • @tmk0325 yup! I'm ravenous. I cannot get enough food ever lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so hungry all the time, but I'm also bloated and constipated so for me it's a really bizarre combination.  I have been drinking water non-stop and drinking Prune Juice in the morning, but really all that seems to help with is REALLY making sure I pee more often.  My boobs are definitely bigger/more firm, which I didn't know was even possible because they were massive already.  I've been a little nauseous but not terrible and I definitely haven't had any vomiting yet which I am grateful for!  

I am actually a music teacher/performer and I have noticed that my normal singing/dancing with the kids and playing my horn make me more nauseous than I am when I'm not doing musical things which worries me a little bit because I don't know if I can live without the music if it gets any worse, but we'll see.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @tmk0325 I'm also quite hungry, and in addition, food is the only thing that quells my nausea. So I'm nibbling all the time, and also eating all my regular meals.
    @Knottie55969818 I've had cramps both at night and during the day. I think the rule of thumb is that if they get more painful than your regular AF cramps, it warrants a call to your Dr. Also, I don't remember if this was suggested to you already, but your username makes it very difficult to tag you, so you might consider going to the knot.com to change it to something easier. 
  • I posted this over in the FTM Check In, but I wanted to see if I'd get more opinions over here. How does everyone feel about hair color during the first trimester?  I have an Appt tomorrow for a partial bayolage (where they paint pieces of my hair all over), and I'm kind of nervous for some reason. The salon is very large and well ventilated, I'm just having mixed feelings about it. I did email my doctor for her opinion, but she doesn't usually respond until late afternoon. Any thoughts would be appreciated:)
  • @breezybee Don't worry about it! As long as it's a well ventilated salon, you're fine. The amount of time you'll be exposed to chemicals isn't dangerous at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @squeen1991 Exactly! Bloating, constipated, starving, and peeing all the time.  I do have some nausea, but it's mainly around 5-6 pm. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sweet!  Thanks @vvitchhazel I'm such a nervous Nancy about everything right now lol
  • @sdLindenberg steak is my favorite and I haven't been able to eat/look at/smell it since I hit the 6 week mark. DH's birthday was over the weekend and I took him to a beautiful steakhouse where the steaks were on point. I sadly watched him eat a perfectly cooked filet while I munched on a dinner roll.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @breezybee i think you'll find mixed info on this one but personally, my OB said beauty services were fine (hair, nails, etc.) I had a full foil with highlights and lowlights done around 4 weeks.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @sdLindenberg Last pregnancy I had an aversion to chicken! It was horrible!! It was the entire pregnancy too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @camomile_june I keep changing it on the knot and it doesn't come over to the app! I've changed it like five times and only once it's worked...and then reverted back. Very frustrating!
  • edited May 2017
    @breezybee I asked my doc at my last appt and she said to wait until after the first trimester and no dye touching the scalp. I have an ombré that I need redone so I'm counting the days! 
  • babypibabypi member
    @Knottie55969818 when I changed mine I had to log into the bump on my laptop, then log back out. Then I had to log into the app again and restart my phone. The app doesn't update well, but eventually if you can force it to reload your account info, it should switch. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @breezybee My OB says it's fine but more conservative Dr's ask you to wait until the 2nd tri. I did my roots and highlights last week, so I say enjoy a salon day mama!
  • Someone in the office is wearing cologne and it is making me gag. I can handle food smells (at least right now), but perfumes and cologne put me over the edge. 
  • breezybee said:
    I posted this over in the FTM Check In, but I wanted to see if I'd get more opinions over here. How does everyone feel about hair color during the first trimester?  I have an Appt tomorrow for a partial bayolage (where they paint pieces of my hair all over), and I'm kind of nervous for some reason. The salon is very large and well ventilated, I'm just having mixed feelings about it. I did email my doctor for her opinion, but she doesn't usually respond until late afternoon. Any thoughts would be appreciated:)
    Hi! I've been a hairstylist for 7 years and I've colored, highlighted, permed and did keratin on pregnant woman of all stages with no problems. Also all of the ladies I work with have had healthy pregnancies and healthy babies while working with these chemicals every day. I was nervous too and still ran my concerns by my doctor (who also happens to be a few of my coworkers doctor as well) and he said I'm fine as long as I continue safe practices, like wearing gloves. 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys!  I got a response back from my doctor and she says it's all good. She said not to do any Japanese straightening treatments though. Not a problem lol. 
  • @Knottie55969818 Urgh, that's frustrating. Did you try logging out of The Bump?
  • NME44NME44 member
    @breezybee My OB says it's fine but more conservative Dr's ask you to wait until the 2nd tri. I did my roots and highlights last week, so I say enjoy a salon day mama!
    I just got the packet from my OB as well, which recommends waiting until 12 weeks. I must have one of the conservative ones  :)
  • So how is everyone staying awake while taking Unisom? I went to the OB last week and she told me to try the Unisom/ vitamin b6 before she would give me prescription. I didn't have a clue what Unisom was until I found it in the store ..... it's just Benadryl!!! Does taking it with the vitamin not make you sleepy during the day ? 
  • BC814BC814 member
    @sdLindenberg Last pregnancy I had an aversion to chicken! It was horrible!! It was the entire pregnancy too. 
    Same!!! Did you have a girl? I would dry heave at the sight of Mr. Chicken restaurant commercials. I'm curious what it will be this time.
  •  I'm exhausted but continuously wake up at night and then have problems getting back to sleep/comfortable, especially if I had to get up to pee. I'm seriously considering a pregnancy pillow for back and belly support, any advice on which one? 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @KathrynJ088 me too. Like I can hardly hold my eyes open and then I won't be able to sleep tonight. I have a Snoogle with DD. I loaned it to my mom when she had surgery. I'm gonna need it back soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizz82 Is the snoogle C shaped? I have pre-existing back problems and bumping already bc twins, so I've been looking at the "bigger than my bed size" that gives front & back support. 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @KathrynJ088 it is. Those bigger ones look super comfy. It took me along time to part with my snoogle. I slept on it until my scar has healed completely and then I went back to belly sleeping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pink flamingo There are actually 2 Unisom formulations. 1 is benadryl, the other is doxylamine which is what is in diclegis and some over the counter unisoms. Both are histamines and make you sleepy. I had to switch off it bec I was falling asleep during the day at work.
  • @pink flamingo I've been doing half a tab of generic unisom with b6 and it helps me without knocking me out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @midway_mouse I hear you! Anything scented/perfumed is a no-go right now. My kids got haircuts this morning and I had to give them a bath as soon as we got home because the smell of the gel stuff in their hair was making me want to throw up! 
  •  I'm exhausted but continuously wake up at night and then have problems getting back to sleep/comfortable, especially if I had to get up to pee. I'm seriously considering a pregnancy pillow for back and belly support, any advice on which one? 

TRAPPED IN BOX

I love my snoogle--only issue with it is it is a pain to turn over in the middle of the night b/c you have to reposition it

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @pink flamingo I was told to take the unisom/b6 combo at night because of this. Not sure if it is less effective the next day - but no way would I be able to take during the day without falling asleep at my desk. Even at the 1/2 pill dose.