December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/29-5/5

Oops! Forgot to post a new symptoms thread for this week. Here we go...

Still super nauseous and tired. Woke up with tingly hands, which scares the crap out of me. I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel with DD and I'm thinking I'm getting it this time around as well. Sigh.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/29-5/5

• @vvitchhazel I was never diagnosed but I feel like I had that after DD. I would be feeding her and my hand and arm would completely go numb. So if that happens again I'll freak out too. 

Still naussted but the diclegis is helping. Sooooo tired. Slept 9 hours last night and then took a 3 hour nap today. I pulled myself out of bed. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been sooo tired, like beyond exhaustion amd was diagnosed with anemia yesterday from labs I had this week. Anyone have experience with this? Dr. gave me an iron tablet and I have to have lots of fiber. I wasn't anemic with DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • My gums have been so swollen and painful it's insane. It hurts so bad to eat and brush my teeth. I used to get swollen gums right before my period and this feels so similar but worse some how
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • nz113nz113 member
    MS started full force yesterday. I had HG with my DD so it's been something I've been fearful of. By this time last pregnancy I was already in the hospital with IV fluids but it seems to be better this time. My nausea is moderate to severe instead of extremely severe. I'm hopeful that it won't last the whole pregnancy like it did with DD too! Diclegis has helped so I'm grateful for that! The fatigue has been kicking my butt too. Looks like a lot of us are feeling the same way. Hang in there mama's it's all so worth it!
  • @dkizz82 It got to the point where my husband had to cut my food for me. I couldn't hold utensils or anything small, because I couldn't even close my hands enough to make a fist. It's a horrible feeling. I'm worried because I have DD to take care of now and I need to be able to use my hands!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @acgonzalez22 I've always had low iron - was never allowed to give blood because of it. But I have never been diagnosed with anemia. I've hear that it can happen easily in pregnancy, so I'm trying to ward it off by eating iron rich foods at the moment. But we'll see after I see my midwife.
    Make sure you eat things to keep your bowels working, since iron makes things slow. The extra fiber should help, and I've heard others suggest pears, kiwis, and prunes.  
  • acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited April 2017
    @camomile_june thank you! Googling iron rich foods now. I'm not a red meat eater but for sure thought I was getting enough greens in. Wonder if I should just take colace?
    Edited bec I can't spell.
  • camomile_junecamomile_june member
    edited April 2017
    @acgonzalez22 For myself, I always prefer a food-based solution if there is one. That said, I've heard ppl here say good things about Colace, so perhaps others will chime in about its benefits. Oh, and the iron in greens can be hard for your body to absorb, but supposedly it helps it you combine it with something with vitamin C, like some orange, juice, grapefruit, red bell pepper, whatever. 

Edited because you can't hear grammar
  • @camomile_june I truly appreciate your imput. I was surprised when she told me it was very low. I went from being hot all the time to freezing, shortness of breath and exhaustion beyond belief. She drew labs and bam! I'm going to add the above to my diet. Thanks again!
  • @acgonzalez22 oh man light bulb moment! I was diagnosed with anemia and low iron with my first so that's probably what's happening again this time... I am soooooo tired and winded too! 
    And the reflux... ugh I feel like my digestion has come to a screeching halt. I'm trying the ACV today and hoping I won't be burping up dinner allllll night again tonight.
    Anyone else having pelvic heaviness? I just feel like I am so aware that my uterus has doubled in size and everything is engorged these days. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so winded all the time. I walked about 50 yards to my car with a coworker and it took me 5 mins to catch my breath. I am sure she was wondering what the hell was wrong with me. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • I am only 6+2 and I am starting to bust out of my bras. My DH said they feel harder too. They've been so sore. Probably will have to go buy some new bras soon at this rate! I didn't think this would happen so soon.. anyone else?

I get stomach aches sometimes after eating but no throwing up. But my mom said she never threw up and my grandma also never did. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

I am craving fruit today. Even had a dream last night about strawberries and raspberries. This is like my first official craving I think. 
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• atackatack member
    Sick to my stomach every morning- sometimes throughout the day.  I am often super bloated.  Struggling to eat things I typically love.  Loving candy and sweets! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • @moonlady-2 I'm 5+3 and already think I'll need bigger bras soon! I have a small chest to start though, so that may be why it feels so pronounced for me this early.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Ugh the all day sickness...the diclegis helped for two days and today it felt like I was back to the drawing board and I even maxed out the dosage today. I haven't been able to keep anything down all day...not even water. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I got MS during the first trimester with my DD, but never actually threw up...Baby #2 broke that streak for me tonight. Ugh I feel terrible. Dh had to do most of DD's bath and bedtime routine because I felt so awful. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • jlemons-2jlemons-2 member
    edited May 2017
    @Marley629 does it make you tired at all? I have severe morning sickness and tried taking unisom and b6. It makes me so tired (I'm exhausted already) that I almost feel drunk at work!  I even just felt like I was passing out once and had to walk around. 

Edited for spelling 
  • @jlemons-2 yes so tired but I'm also on progesterone 4 times a day too and that makes me tired as well so I'm not really sure which is the bigger culprit. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @vvitchhazel that abounds terrible. Mine was  nothing like that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @moonlady-2 @MJDsquared yup, mine are bigger too, and harder. But because I have really small breasts, and a really small wallet, I always bought bras from H&M, and their smallest are sometimes a bit too big. So now they fit, haha. 
  • @Marley629 sorry you're so sick. Please take care of yourself as much as you can. When you can't keep down water, it's pretty serious, so don't hesitate to call care providers if it doesn't get better.
  • @Marley629 Have you tried drinking anything besides water? Water makes me throw up first thing in the morning, if I'm feeling really nauseous, or if I haven't been able to keep any food down. Maybe try some juice or a flavor added to the water? 
  •  @Marley629 The diclegis plus progesterone made me soooo sleepy that I was a zombie. Now I just take promethazine at night with my progesterone and pass out. Lol!
  • Weeeee I'm just feeling very sleepy all the time! I'm doped up on progesterone pessaries though. Hopefully the fatigue will fade once I stop? 1.5more weeks!
  • I'm 5.5 today and no symptoms yet, had sore boobs last week but their now ok, when did all your morning sickness start? I think it was around week 6 with my previous 3 kids but I can't quite remember, hoping I don't get it this time round but we will soon see 
  • Nausea & extreme fatigue but no vomit yet thankfully. 

@eazybreezy225 I am irritable too and was last pregnancy as well. I feel bad for DH haha. I think once the second tri hit last time I got better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Marley629 Last night I couldn't keep down anything (up all night puking or dry-heaving--yay!) Water wouldn't stay down for me either, but I was able to drink some Gatorade and go long enough between vomiting that there wasn't any left in my stomach for the next dry-heave. Since Gatorade has electrolytes, that might be helpful if you can keep down at least a little. 

I'm really wondering (kind of hoping) if I picked up a stomach bug rather than morning sickness. What an awful night. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Y'all I look like I'm 6 months pregnant. Thebloat is soooo real this morning. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • joziejojoziejo member
    edited May 2017
    So much MS! Found out at my first appointment I borderline have hypernesis gravarium, starting IV therapy today to at least get some fluids
  • Add me to the bigger boobs category. My husband said to me this morning  "uuuummm...honey, your boobs are totally bigger."  As if they could possibly get bigger. I'm already a 34F. Jesus. I'm busting out of my sports bras. Oh boy. 
    No MS in sight though. Thank god for small favors. 
  • Had a lot of nausea a couple weeks ago, but now slight nausea with lots of food adversion.  Experiencing a nasty head cold....coughing fits sometimes lead to throwing up. Lots of fatigue. Just hoping to get rid of this cold asap!
  • NME44NME44 member
    Here's a b**** of a symptom: we recently discovered this extremely yummy butternut squash gnocchi recipe that DH likes to make. Currently, it is the only thing that nauseates me. :s
  • For the moms who have both a boy and a girl.... were your pregnancy symptoms different or the same? I have a boy and we are hoping for a girl this time around. Im feeling nausea but not throwing up like I did with my son.. 
  • @vvitchhazel My tingly hands and arms started about a week ago!  I forgot about this symptom, and it made me remember a bunch of other ones!  Typing is weird now.

May Signature Challenge: TV Moms
    television comedy absolutely fabulous GIF

• Ok this is gross, but I am super boogery which happened during DS' pregnancy, too. And I feel like my boobs are starting to fill back up a bit (I am nursing, but semi-recently only morning and night and they're giant but have deflated a bit).

So far, no aversions though. I used to eat eggs for breakfast most mornings but since they made me sick during DS' pregnancy, I haven't really loved them and I am dreading something similar happening again!  

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @karabrown  I'm curious about that also... I think we will be team green, so I won't know until afterwards...With the twins(boys), I was nauseous everyday, but never threw up. I also only wanted sweets, had horrible heartburn, and think I probably implanted on my left side because that side always ached.. So far with this one I haven't been nauseous hardly at all and want everything salty. I feel like I probably implanted on the right this side, because that's what's been aching... So I have no idea! My SIL had opposite symptoms during her two pregnancies and ended up with two boys, so who knows!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @karabrown I had similar symptoms with my two and had one of each.