February 2017 Moms

April Randoms Thread

2»

Re: April Randoms Thread

• I hope the next two days are better than the last @Vastra! I feel your pain a bit, though I'll admit, not as bad. My FIL is staying with us for 8 days and leaves on Friday. My H is only taking Thursday and Friday off work so I've been having to try and entertain him while taking care of baby and 3 dogs. Luckily he has been busy doing random home projects H has given him so it hasn't been too terrible. Still super awkward.
  • This is probably a small population but any mins out there that work and have a long commute? I go back to work on Monday and I'm sad that I spend 45 mins driving g home and that cuts into my time I get to spend with my LO :(. I'll get home at 5:30 and have to immediately play with the dog. LO goes down at 9 so I feel like I won't have hardly any time with him and Im struggling
  • Loading the player...
  • @jlellis603 My commute is 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. I'm already anxious and sad about her being in daycare to begin with, let alone realizing the little amount of time I'll have with her each evening :(
  • @jlellis603 my commute is about 30 minutes from my house to work (H drops her off in the morning because day care is on his work site), 25-ish minutes from my work to DD's day care, then about 15 minutes from day care to home (I pick her up since I get off before H). I get off work at 4:30 and by the time I pick her up, load the car, and get home with her it's almost 5:30. I then have to pump very shortly after (I EP). Luckily H is usually in charge of dinner, so I don't have to deal with that. She usually goes down around 9:00-9:30. Some days I feel like I barely get enough time with her! 

One thing I found that helps is I do all of her prep work (washing/sanitizing bottles, filling day care bottles, etc.) after she goes to sleep so I can spend more time with her. I also get her outfits ready for the entire week on Sunday's so it's one less thing to worry about each evening. Any prep work that can be done while LO is asleep, definitely wait to do it! That way it's not cutting into quality time together :)
  • First day back to work tomorrow after spending pretty much 24/7 with LO. I'm already crying thinking about dropping him off at daycare
  • Goodluck @jlellis603!! I hope your first day back is great, and flies by quickly :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aww @jlellis603, I hope your first day back goes well! I was very upset when I had to leave DD to go back to work, so I understand how you feel!
  • @Vastra that is so frustrating! I hope they get their act together and future visits are more relaxing. Kids notice behavior like that and it ruins relationships. I am not close to my grandma bc of the way she treated my mom (very similar behavior to your ILs!) 
  • Aveeno baby lotion works wonders

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited April 2017
    My kids brought home these bowling cards from school. Bowling alleys across the U.S. are participating in a program where kids under 13 get to bowl 2 free games a day all summer. They have family packages available where you can add 4 adults to play 2 free games with the kids everyday for a one time fee of $29.95. At my local place we need to pay shoe rental each day but that's it. I've never heard of it before, but it sounds fun to do to get out of the house with the family this summer.

Edit... different bowling alleys have slightly different information on age limits so what mine offers might differ from others.

https://www.kidsbowlfree.com/refer.php?id=
    Pregnancy Ticker