May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chat (4.22, 4.23)

124»

Re: Weekend Chat (4.22, 4.23)

• Options
    @BabyMC517 did they give any reason why the medela PNSA was a better choice than the spectra? I'm stuck between the two and having had the medela with DD considering trying the spectra this time. 
  • Options
    Just that it's a great pump. The nurse, a third time mom, and a NICU nurse mom all said that's the one I should get. I think it's possibly because that's what they use there or something similar 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited April 2017
    I just put together the remainder of the baby shopping from the registry on Amazon and it's north of $500. Hyperventilating as we speak. Lol. (Ok, well we didn't get some larger things like the k'tan or the baby monitor or the apparently fantastic magnetic cabinet locks for $39.99 a set, or the 2 additional car seat bases we need, or a brestfriend, or an activity gym, AND we do have quite some gift card balance there after the shower and some other stuff coming in BUT ANYWHO!!!) I was hoping to get my nespresso machine without spending extra money but apparently that's not going to happen now. Eeeek. Baby shopping, you suck!
  • Options
    @kns1988 I'm glad you went in and got some answers. Praying you get some relief and that this isn't your new norm for 5 weeks. 

@jayandaplus I hope you start feeling better and that your babe stays out for a bit longer. 
  • Options
    @kns1988 I'm sitting here still freaking out as my pain gets worse. I'm glad you went in! Did they give you anything for the irritability? Keep us posted on how tomorrow goes. I'm thinking about you!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus @kns1988 thinking of you guys! Hopefully you got some restful sleep last night!! FWIW (not much) I asked my Dr last week at 34 weeks when we transition from "call if you have 5-6 contractions an hour consistently" to "wait until you're having them every 5 minutes for at least an hour." I didn't get a concrete answer but said after 34 weeks they don't "aggressively" stop labor. Which was both reassuring and terrifying! Keep us updated today!
  • Options
    @chailife34 thank you for the input! I went with the Spectra S2 so it's not portable like the S1 but I figured I'd most likely be near a plug when I needed to pump. Plus we just don't have the extra money to upgrade at the moment. We'll make it work :) but I lived all of the options and everythingnot has to offer! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @chailife34 I just ordered the spectra today :)