July 2017 Moms

Labor Buddy

edited April 2017 in July 2017 Moms

Since we're getting closer and closer to that time I figured we should start discussing labor buddies (now that we all know what that means on TB lol). That way we know who our labor buddy is.

I have a randomizer that I can use to randomly pair people together (if you don't care who you're paired with). I figure we'd wait until MAY 15th (unless there's a reason to wait longer) to give people a chance to say yes or no to wanting a labor buddy and then go from there.

I added a spreadsheet you can fill out to make random pairing easier. If you have a preference (ex: want to be paired with a c/s if you're having a c/s) please let me know!

Any other ideas?

Edit: added spreadsheet

Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Labor Buddy

• MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited April 2017
    I don't like the idea of being randomly paired. My last BMB had a list to go by, if you didn't want to be paired randomly, and you can also pick your labor buddy. Depending on how many people want to join in labor buddies. And we should make a cut off date.

FTM/STM 
    Number of children 
    Singleton/twins
    RCS /CS/vaginal delivery 
    How active they are on the board (you don't want a regular paired with a semi lurker) 
    Grouped in 2 or 3 

Things along those lines. For instance I can say I want to be paired with another mamma having an RCS (twins or single doesnt matter) that already has multiple small children at home. That's not my final desicion just giving an example. 

Eta tb ate half my post

And I also think the PG should get to pick first, whether they want to choose or paired by list.
  • edited April 2017

@MrsLa3

I figured we'd have a cut off date. I just don't know what it would be yet. Figured that date would be open for discussion.

I like you're idea. That way there is some more control over who gets paired together. That would be easy enough for me to set up an excel / spreadsheet if that's the way we go.

Did your last group have groups of 3 people paired together? I like that in case 2 people go in right at the same time. I am thinking of how we can best TRY to avoid a situation where 2 people are in labor at the same time (although I know it's not 100% avoidable)

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @SaphireSweetie88 some were only 2 in a group some were 3. I had three in mine and one didn't even participate so me and the other girl were a little sketchy when it came to sharing anything with her. 

I also edited my first post again if you missed it. I think those in the PG should get first pick at labor buddies.
  • Also, I was thinking maybe a cut off date of mid May. Maybe May 15th? What do you think?
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @MrsLa3 - I like the idea of PG members getting first pick.

I will start an excel and add it to the OP here then edit it as needed.

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I thought we were just doing this in the PG? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I thought we were just doing this in the PG? 
    There might be people not in the PG that want a labor buddy. But shouldn't be paired with those in the PG.
  • @SaphireSweetie88 it unavoidable. My last LB went into labor the day as my RCS and she wasn't due for another 2 weeks. 
  • MrsLa3 said:
    I thought we were just doing this in the PG? 
    There might be people not in the PG that want a labor buddy. But shouldn't be paired with those in the PG.
    Right, I hadn't read your response about picking first in there. I had to double check where I clicked!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I started a discussion in the PG
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • MrsLa3 said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 it unavoidable. My last LB went into labor the day as my RCS and she wasn't due for another 2 weeks. 

I know it's unavoidable but I'd like to try haha
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I agreed, I'd rather not be randomly paired unless you are ok with it. Me and my labor buddy had each other's  DHs cell number and we were friends in Facebook so they could update from texts or updates posted via Facebook so that is obviously not something I'd be comfortable sharing randomly. My DH was terrible at updating (he may still have not texted her my DD was born) so she could also see my moms and family's posts. 

Obviously you don't have to do that but it took pressure off mom trying to update multiple people - not that it has to be real time but it is so exciting it's hard to wait for hours to hear news while mom recovers and starts bonding! 
  • I added the spreadsheet.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I guess I missed out on the private group.

But another thing to keep in mind is c/s moms who schedule theirs, I know some hospitals don't have their surgery schedules yet so that may determine whether c/s moms are labor buddies because if their surgery is the same or too close it would be a little difficult to update everyone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• I would love a labor buddy, and I'm good with being paired with anyone. Sign me up!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I would love a labor buddy, and I'm good with being paired with anyone. Sign me up!

@DarkSerendipity - Sounds good. Once I do the pairings, I will let you know who you're paired with. Fill out the spreadsheet if you haven't already.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @cait32 yes, a labor buddy is someone you will update during labor/delivery that can then update the group and let them know why you're mia. 

I don't think it was it was anyone's intention to be rude or make it seem like "us vs them" and I'm sorry you feel that way. It obviously hadn't been discussed in the PG first, which is why there was some confusion. 
  • @cait32 for sure. That definitely wasn't anyone's intent. 
  • @MrsLa3 - I like the idea of PG members getting first pick.

Right. 
  • BusyZee said:

@MrsLa3 - I like the idea of PG members getting first pick.

Right. 
    You trying to start an argument? This thread died and you're coming back now to start this. I think the point has been made. 
  • MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited April 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited April 2017
    AdaByron said:
    I think this is mean and unnecessary, considering that most of the hurtful comments earlier in the thread came from you as well. Maybe it's time to let this die.
    I didn't realize I said anything hurtful in this thread, I apologize for any feelings hurt. 

I feel like busyzee trying to start something about me saying the ladies in the private should be paired with each other is unnecessary as well. 
  • I think everyone needs to move on. At this point I'd say close this thread and start a new one once the PG has made their matches. I think otherwise the focus will just stay on the drama instead of the point of the thread. Just let it die. 
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited April 2017
    AdaByron said:
    MrsLa3 said:
    AdaByron said:
    I think this is mean and unnecessary, considering that most of the hurtful comments earlier in the thread came from you as well. Maybe it's time to let this die.
    I didn't realize I said anything hurtful in this thread, I apologize for any feelings hurt. 

I feel like busyzee trying to start something about me saying the ladies in the private should be paired with each other is unnecessary as well. 
    I think you saying the PG should be paired with each other is what caused some hurt feelings in this thread. And if someone wants to call you out on that, I'm sure you can take it as well as you dish it. And I actually thought BZ was trying to call out saphiresweetie, not you. I think your last comment crossed a line though. That's all I'm going to say about it.
    Hilarious

And I will say it's the same people who come to every thread to try and be the last person to leave an unnecessary snarky comment. 

This isnt towards you @AdaByron
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"