September 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Clothes!! (Shopping! Yay!)

2»

Re: Baby Clothes!! (Shopping! Yay!)

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I love old navy and target for baby clothes. 

Also for stm what size baby clothes are the best to buy. I have heard a few moms say that as gifts they received a lot of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes? 
  • Options
    @Swazzle It really depends on your baby, unfortunately.  DS never had any issues with spitting up/ reflux when he was tiny, so he could wear an outfit for an entire day, no problem.  I had friends whose newborns had to be changed constantly.  It's honestly been since DS has gotten older and been exposed to more viruses (puking, etc, everywhere), and drinking so much that sometimes he leaks out of his diapers, and especially since he started eating solids that he's needed more outfits per day.  

That being said, when DS was a newborn, we didn't go out very much.  He spent a lot of time in white onesies and fleece pjs (born in late November).  Also, for sizing, I would get some newborn outfits, but wait until the baby is born to invest in more.  We had to go buy more bc the doctor 'estimated' from my last u/s that he would be around 8lb.  He was 6lb 12oz, and wore newborn size for three months.  The same goes for diapers.  I'd get a box of newborn size, but you'll probably spend more time in 1's if your baby isn't a peanut.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Swazzle - DD never wore newborn stuff. She was a big baby. So all of that stuff got donated/put away. She didn't require a lot of outfit changes at first- she wasn't a spit-upper and never had leaky diapers, so one outfit a day was more than sufficient. Once she started eating solids (at 6 months), she changed clothes a lot more. She went through a phase where she would blow out her diaper.....often.....and of course get food on herself. 

I would have one or two NB things on hand just in case, and a few 0-3 month, but you can easily buy more. We were team green and within 3 days, we had piles of girls clothes sent to us by family and friends. A lot of it she never even wore. I was really happy I only bought a few things.
  • Options
    mrs_tacos said:
    We looooove camo. FI is sooo excited for all the camo.

-snip-
    Are you having a boy? I should have saved all the camo stuff to send to you! 
    YUP! It's a boy here. I'll send you all the non camo stuff.  Sounds like a fair trade :) 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I like to go to consignment sales so far! Unfortunately the consignment sales are selling mostly summer clothes now. The Fall winter clothes will pick up in August. I also can't wait for the summer for yard sales to really start happening a lot. Nothin beats clothes for $0.25 (maybe free hand me downs)
  • Options
    @Swazzle I had a long and lean baby who's been in the 100%+ height percentile his whole life. He was EBF so when he was spitting up/having blow outs as an infant it never stained- often his clothes were good all day long. as others said its once you intro food you go through the most. Probably 6-12 month and 12-18 were our longest stages. NB lasted 4 weeks before he was literally spilling out of his outfits. by 3 months he was in 6-month clothing so that stage was short. I bought a good number of clothing lots so I always had a little bit of the next size up and could watch for sales to fill in the gaps if I was missing things.
  • Options
    angeladowns1angeladowns1 member
    edited April 2017
    This baby gets the grand honor of using like 90% of DS's handmedowns. I've bought him a few things of his own, but I feel really fortunate to be able to reuse so much.

As far as what's been catching my eye, Target's Cat & Jack stuff is adorable, and I loved Carters and Baby Gap for DS and will probably pick up a few things from those places for this guy.
  • Options
    Swazzle I am finding that people are wanting to gift me used and new clothing in the more 0-6month size range (even some 9month) but older than that seems to be where I am going to need to shop myself or put on my registry specific size and items. :) 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • Options
    mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited April 2017
    Question: STM+ moms, when something is sized 6-12 months instead of 6-9 or 9-12, can I expect it to actually fit that whole time, or do they generally fit more that the beginning or end of that estimated 6 months? 

• Options
    @mrs_tacos my experience with the longer ranges of clothing sizes is that they fit best more towards the beginning and middle of those ranges. But DS2 is also on the larger side (24mo/2T clothing and quickly outgrowing at 16 months)...
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    @mrs_tacos my experience with the longer ranges of clothing sizes is that they fit best more towards the beginning and middle of those ranges. But DS2 is also on the larger side (24mo/2T clothing and quickly outgrowing at 16 months)...
    And my boy is the complete opposite because he is tall and skinny so like he's almost 20 months but is just now fitting perfectly into 18-24 month clothes. It all just depends on the baby unfortunately 
    I got a bunch of 6-12 stuff at Old Navy when DD was about 6 months old. She just turned 1 and is starting to grow out of it. Some of the stuff was slightly large when she first started wearing it, but she could still wear it just fine. She tends to be right on average for height and weight. I started buying more from Old Navy because I felt like she grew out of Carter's stuff really quickly and she can get more use out of Gap and Old Navy because of their sizing.
  • Options
    Sizing can be soooo different from brand to brand and it sucks. 
    Preach!! 
  • Options
    Brand to brand differences are so annoying. Gerber is super skinny and tiny compared to Carters. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    Yo @jutondreau have you checked your inbox lately?
  • Options
    mrs_tacos said:
    Question: STM+ moms, when something is sized 6-12 months instead of 6-9 or 9-12, can I expect it to actually fit that whole time, or do they generally fit more that the beginning or end of that estimated 6 months? 
    @mrs_tacos I had a long baby but she work 6 to 12 months for awhile. She was in 18 months for her 1st birthday. She is just now 2 and is in 3T for length but seriously swims in the waist line... TCP and Old Navy have the adjustable waist bands which saves us. I have found that Old Navy and Gymboree run bigger than most of the other brands. And in my opinion they run longer too. 
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos I'm a FTM, but i think it really really depends on the kid. My nephew is 2 1/2 and still in 16 month clothing. I don't know if all brands do this, but I noticed on the tags for Cat & Jack at Target they have the ages and a weight range too which I thought was super handy.
  • Options
    Zara is my absolute favorite! I also really like H&M's baby stuff. For special occasions I'll hit up Janie and Jack's sale rack lol. Such cute things but way overpriced. And for pj's and home clothes I like Bonds wondersuits (an Australian company that ships international on orders over $100AUD, which is a great deal since our dollar is stronger). Do yourselves a favor and get some. They are the absolute best!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    tiki8286tiki8286 member
    edited April 2017
    Zara is my absolute favorite! I also really like H&M's baby stuff. For special occasions I'll hit up Janie and Jack's sale rack lol. Such cute things but way overpriced. And for pj's and home clothes I like Bonds wondersuits (an Australian company that ships international on orders over $100AUD, which is a great deal since our dollar is stronger). Do yourselves a favor and get some. They are the absolute best!
    I just looked up Bonds - all the heart eyes! How do they fit? I see they have 6-12 months. Do those fit closer to 6 months or 12? I am definitely going to get a few different kinds. What's the material like? Looks really soft.  And I agree - Zara's kids stuff is the cutest!

edit: mobile bumping while sitting at my computer ha!
  • Options
    The fit is closer to the 12 for my kids, they're in the lower percentile so it will probably vary from kid to kid. The material is a dream. Super soft and it's a stretchy fabric that doesn't lose its shape and look huge after a few hours of wearing them. Another thing I absolutely love about them is that they have the folds at the hands and feet so baby doesn't scratch their faces and if you want to let those little toes breathe or kiss them toes, they can. My sister and I both used them for our other kids and recommend them to everyone and once they use them everyone is in love haha
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @geminioftwo Oh I miss living in Oz for their Bonds line. I didn't realize they would ship internationally. Thank you!

And we love Zara stuff here too. Only get it from consignment stores because the price is too rich for my blood but the fit is fantastic. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Inanigloo you have to hit them up when they have their sales! You can get things pretty cheap! And the my have the basics line which is very reasonably prices :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 just did and responded! Thanks lady
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 just did and responded! Thanks lady
    Yay! :) 
  • Options
    I love to garage sale and do consignment stores as well.  You can get stuff just like new for so cheap!  I also like Old Navy, Cat & Jack at Target, Crazy 8 and Gymboree sales. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @wineren , many do have a height/weight chart, but I can't even seem to always trust that. My DS is 2.5 and was in the 98th percentile for height and weight at his 2 year appointment. According to sizing labels, he should be in a 5T due to his weight, but 5Ts are still way too large on him, particularly pant length. So, sometimes I end up trying clothes on at home (impossible to do with him in a store) and then returning a portion of the items. Also I only buy pants that are elastic waist so he is able to spend more time in them. 
  • Options
    Gap, Old Navy, and Zara! I hate big plastic decals/words so I like that they are affordable and not tacky. Gap/Old Navy have sales frequently, Zara a few times a year!

For small shops I love Briar Bonnets, Wunderkin Co. (hair bows), Freshly Picked (moccasins, not really a small shop anymore though), Childhood's Clothing.