September 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Clothes!! (Shopping! Yay!)

So now that we are starting to all find out the sex of our babies (or not if you are team green  <3) I think it's safe to say that it's getting close to shopping time! 

I wanted to create this thread so we can talk about our favorite places to shop for baby items, and also share the scoop on upcoming deals! (Whether online, in-store, etc!) 

I just bought a bunch of clothes on carter's website and they are always sending coupons out via email! 

Re: Baby Clothes!! (Shopping! Yay!)

• Options
    cmar1006cmar1006 member
    edited April 2017
    Fun! I haven't found out the sexes of our babies yet and it's killing me! I want to start getting these babies some clothes. 

For DD my favorite places to shop were Carter's and Baby Gap. I felt like they had the best quality clothes and I always found such good deals. I had other brands too, of course, but these were my favorites. I am a big Gap Outlet shopper and I've found some amazing deals on their clothes for her. I'll still shop 80% at Gap for her now that she's 3.5.  I just know I am getting a good quality item for what I'm paying. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Carters always seems to have good sales and coupons!  I wish I had a reason to shop I kept all of my daughters clothes that weren't terribly stained
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carters only if you are earning their rewards points. My new favorite place is consignment sales! But also JC penny has some good deals and tj maxx sometimes has baby stuff. I like old navy too!
  • Options
    Marshall's, consignment sales/shops, Carters, Children's Place specifically for jeans.
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    awildrose said:
    Marshall's, consignment sales/shops, Carters, Children's Place specifically for jeans.
    Their jeans were the only ones that were true to size for my DS! And they look like jeans real people would wear too lol! 
  • Options
    awildroseawildrose member
    edited April 2017
    lap018 said:
    awildrose said:
    Their jeans were the only ones that were true to size for my DS! And they look like jeans real people would wear too lol! 
    Yes! They have the best lasting life of any jeans we've had, and I LOVE the waist adjustment for my skinny mini child. Plus, they run their $8 sales often so they're cheap! 

Edit: autocorrect fail
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    awildrose said:
    Yes!!!!!!! My favorite jeans ever for DS! 
  • Options
    I will add though that since we are having a girl this time and my mother does not believe in "sprinkles" and it's unlikely that anyone else would throw one for us, I'm living the consignment shops too.  I've found so many girl clothes with tags still on them for a very reasonable price. Also some might not agree with this, but quite honestly a little baby does not get very dirty and even if there parents are dirty people, baby clothes are typically still in decent like new shape bc they worn so little!  I'm a huge advocate for the consignment shops now! 
  • Options
    I was at target the other day and their Cat & Jack infant/baby clothes are adorable! In the aisle where you can find all the plain onsies, they have a bunch of the sleeper footed/long sleeve pjs that zip up in adorable patterns. I got this baby (a boy) one set of 3 of them in white/grey/black colors/patterns. With DS and DD, they lived in the zip up styles for the longest time so I know I need a few. Although we saved a ton of infant clothing from DS so I'll need to go through them at some point.
  • Options
    I'd say about 90% of DS' clothes are Carter's.  We live near several Carter's outlets, and always get great deals there.  The website  also constantly has sales, and if you join the club, you get coupons regularly in your email.  I tend to avoid buying their outfits at places like Kohl's, bc they're so marked up comparatively.  

Target also has cute store brand stuff, and Cat & Jack is adorable (but only on sale!  It's so expensive).
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    sarahuflsarahufl member
    edited April 2017
    Target, Gap, Old Navy or Carters. But honestly, don't buy much. People will send you piles of crap the day the baby gets here and you will be overloaded with clothes.
  • Options
    Love baby gap for long skinny babes but only if they are having sale. Zulily if I want something a little fancy and fun. And for Canadians, The Bay when they have Bay Days sales because their stuff is adorable. And Costco for sleepers.
    Consignment shops are great and yard sales too since that season is coming up. My only issue with consignment shop is you really have to watch the prices because sometimes their used prices will be close or more than the items new on sale price. 
  • Options
    I need to find a reason to go shopping even though this is girl #3 and I don't NEED to  :|
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ohhh! Cat and Jack is adorable! I forget about them because they're fairly new. The Target registry welcome bag has a Cat and Jack coupon. 
  • Options
    Since we're having another boy, I think I'm going to spoil this one with the occasional boutique outfit. I like Janie and Jack, plus sometimes I find them used at consignment stores.
  • Options
    We buy at carters or target, occasaionally old navy but the fit is weird for my stringbean. We only have 7-10 tops, 5 bottoms, and 2 pjs per size. We're kind of minimalists when it comes to stuff and I'm lucky to be able to do laundry whenever we need it if someone runs out of clothes early. 
  • Options
    @lilpoots I was gifted Janie and Jack for my son- I had never heard of them before ( its not in Canada) when I saw the 4 little pieces were over $250 I nearly died! I was too afraid to dress him in them so in the box they remained.
  • Options
    I'm a total garage saler!
  • Options
    @Souptin I only buy what's on sale, but it's so easy to find it in euc here on consignment, because this area it's all about status. *barf*
  • Options
    Oh yes,I forgot about consignment.  There's an awesome store near my mom that only sells new/very lightly used clothing, and the prices are awesome.  I've had a hard time with local consignment sales bc a lot of the people put ridiculous prices on their clothes.  Eg- $10 for an obviously used shirt.  No thanks.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

• Options
    I love Carters and Old Navy and sometimes Children's Place. In Canada, Joe Fresh is awesome for basics, especially when they're little. DS had a ton of sleepers from there. I also really like the Pekkle sleepers from Costco. 

We bought very little expensive clothing for him. I got him outfits for the two weddings he's been to, but other than that he gets a lot of consignment or Wal-Mart clothing. Now he's almost 3 and gets everything super dirty anyway so I'm not wasting my money on $25 t-shirts.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    agreed @lap018 ! Consignement/thrift stores are great for me. Little ones grow so fast they don't wear the clothes too long, or they play hard and stain the clothes anyway, so I don't like to pay much. And as babies all my kids spit up and stained all their cute baby clothes. I also buy super cheap from TCP, Crazy 8 and Gymboree when they have their sales.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    Carters for sure! Anywhere really lol I'm not picky. But I feel so bad for DS. DD is getting all of this stuff at the consignment. Sale I went to and poor DS didn't get anything. (Granted all the boys clothes were junk!) but I felt so bad. 
  • Options
    I have a serious issue resisting the baby clothes. She's going to have a closet full before she gets here. Whoops!!  :D
    This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 DH and I joke that we spent her college money getting her here (infertility treatments are $$$$) and how she's not going to have any necessities,  but she'll look damn cute!!!  :D  :D Oh well, I'm not taking money with me when I die so I'm going to enjoy this while I can. Hopefully people buy from the registry for the showers!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    DPandMB said:
    I buy baby clothes anywhere they're on sale. Also once your babies come, you can start predicting the rate they will grow, and buy clothes on clearance for next year. I do this a lot.

Also, since you started this thread, and we just found out yesterday we are team blue, we bought this cute onsie. I want to get some pants and make this his coming home outfit. Eek soo cute.

@DPandMB if I find out I am team Blue I want this!!! So cute! Come on May 1st!
  • Options
    Gymboree is my favorite but I also love boutiques on Facebook. It's not a cheap habit so I can't keep up with the boutiques with my second baby! Carter's is good but I found with Carter's if you have tall children they grow out of them too quickly. :neutral:
  • Options
    I'm super lucky to have two really good friends who are both done having children who both have two year old sons and I'm getting ALL their clothes. And a crib, an extra car seat, two changing tables, an extra breast pump, a dresser, all the toys, a swing, two bouncers, boppies... Everything. They both know we might not keep everything and they don't mind. That said, there is a big consignment sale in my town in late August and as a first time mom I get to go the day before it actually opens. I can't wait. I went with my friend when she was a FTM... So many things for so cheap! I'm trying not to buy things until after the baby shower. It's hard.

• Options
    @wineren I have a similar situation (two 3-year-old nephews). My brother's wife gave me two nice breast pumps and I'll be getting all of the baby clothes. My brother is done having kids. DH's sister is giving us a ton of stuff from her son, too, on the condition that we will give them hand me downs if they have another kid. Despite all this, I love shopping at Carter's. Also, our grocery store has cute cheap baby clothes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Question about baby clothes: how much is enough? What size(s) do you not need a lot of and what size(s) should you stock up a little more on? As a FTM, I don't really even know where to start. I imagine a lot of people will buy us clothes as a gift so what should we focus on getting ourselves? Our town and the surrounding towns have huge yard sales in the next month or so and when we browsed them last year there was a ton of baby stuff so we're excited to actually be able to take advantage of that now. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @Swazzle I think we went through the most outfits a day between 6m and 24m because of food introduction and mobility. My girls just got messier way easier and more often at that age. We cloth diapered and didn't have reflux issues so our newborn changes were quite a bit less then some babies I know. After that, it's been less and less. We could probably get by with a dozen outfits and a couple pairs of shoes if we wanted to, but I hate laundry so we'd never keep up. Lol. 

One thing we did with #2 was save gift cards people gave us. We'd use those to grab extra clothes if we realized we didn't have something/enough when baby was 9, 12 months, etc.

Everyone buys newborn and 0-3 month clothes. (Because tinier is cuter, right?) I didn't buy anything myself in those sizes. But when we hit 9 months, we had like 2 things from our shower. So we had to do some shopping. 
  • Options
    Carters and Target. I love when my mom comes to visit because we go to Macy's and she gets such great deals because she has their card with tons of coupons. I'm having the same sex this time so clothes is an area I can save money as my sister gave me all of her old clothes from my nieces.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We looooove camo. FI is sooo excited for all the camo.

-snip-
    Are you having a boy? I should have saved all the camo stuff to send to you! 

• Options
    I like garage sales! I've been to Carter's a couple times. But I'm going to make most of her clothes myself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker