October 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 4.17.17

15678911»

Re: Weekly Random 4.17.17

• Loading the player...
  • @shan24 Medical exemptions are the only ones allowed in California, they got rid of the personal belief exemption. And there's all the crazies still up in arms about it, and it's ridiculous. 

• @soprano19 The whooping cough vaccination can wear off before it is due again. So those people would no longer have immunity. Pretty sure I had it in high school looking back but somehow it wasn't caught.
  • @canonmom413 that is going to be such a day! Id be day dreaming about eating food in my bed. Good luck! Hope your girls have fun 

@Myelhsa that morning sucks but can I just say even with hair full of vomit Maddie is sssssssso cute! 
  • @TallMomma29 you should convince family members to take the kids on the plane and you and DH can have a mini adventure driving. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy that would be awesome!  Sadly we don't have any close family members that could handle something like that!

• @TallMomma29 I don't blame you for freaking out! We're talking about moving 800 miles next summer with a 9yo, 7yo, 4yo and 6-7month old and that stresses me out! I can't imagine even farther with even younger ones. I agree that the kids should fly with family and you and dh should drive. This was on my idea list too
  • @TallMomma29 I did 1400 miles straight through with an 18 month old and 3yo. It went a lot better than I thought it would. It took me a day to recover...ok well 3. But I'm glad we did it! Don't forget you have height on your side! 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @NervousNelly825 I think it wears off every like 10 years, so if high school kids had it as babies, they are due for a booster. I admit I'm not sure what the exact law is, but I would think they have to have everything up to date each school year.
  • @soprano19 Kids get a booster when they are about 11 or 12. But a lot of children get whooping cough in the years leading up to that. Also, the booster appears to wear off quickly. Only offering a few years of moderate protection. Unfortunately, the pertussis vaccine isn't a very good one (in terms of offering good coverage over a long period of time. I'm sure it's safe) so many communities while see cases.
  • @ksf13 that looks soo comfortable! I may puck that up if I keep rolling over onto my back. Hopefully it keeps you comfy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @VLillyV So far so good! It kept me from rolling over onto my back and stayed in place unlike the separate pillows I was using! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ksf13 last pregnancy I needed something to prop my belly on, I used a simi flat pillow, but it was just painful gravity pulling my stomach down.  This pillow looks like it would be too high for that.  What's your opinion after using it?  (I'm on the search for a new pillow.  Apparently my dogs used my old body pillow for a bathroom.) 

• ksf13ksf13 member
    @mrs_fogue I was worried it would be too high too, but so far so good. It had good reviews on Amazon too. Though, I don't know how it's going to be once the belly really starts getting out there. It's pretty squishy though, so I hope it will be good throughout the entire pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ksf13 squishy is good.  I was looking at a similar one that looked flatter, but it had 2 really bad reviews out of only 11.  If you think it's good, I may just go with this one.