November 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/20

Your opinions of the unpopular variety go here.

November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday 4/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was never a 1D fan, but I hate Harry Styles' new song.  It doesn't sound like what I expected him to come out with.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I was never a 1D fan, but I hate Harry Styles' new song.  It doesn't sound like what I expected him to come out with.
    -is literally listening to it right now, singing along, and generally being obsessed with it-

• Options
    -is literally listening to it right now, singing along, and generally being obsessed with it-
    SAME

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I just turned it on one more time, felt like this called for a replay lol

• Options
    I'm with you @DuchessOfCambridge. Sweet potatoes are good, but not as fries. I do not want sweet with my fries.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't think city scapes with all the lights and windows and things are pretty. The restauraunt I work at is on the water and I see guests take pictures of the city across the bay all the time. When we get tagged on facebooK/IG, and even in yelp/trip advisor reviews people rave about the view, but I just feel like it looks cold, mechanical, and dirty. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@artificialred @duchessofcambridge Haha it's very popular, so it's already way overplayed here. 

@armstrongatron I like cityscapes I've never seen before, but only because they always change and I find the architecture interesting.  But I live out towards the country and nothing tops the trees and blooms in the Spring or the leaves in the fall.

• Options
    @mariposa_767s I live on a small farm and nothing beats the country side when the corn/beans are starting to come up!
  • Options
    @marmariposa_767s

@armstrongatron I like cityscapes I've never seen before, but only because they always change and I find the architecture interesting.  But I live out towards the country and nothing tops the trees and blooms in the Spring or the leaves in the fall.

I'm used to the country also. I will admit, every once in a while the sun setting over the city behind the patio looks pretty, but it still doesn't hold a candle (in my eyes anyway) to the fall foliage, or a sunset/rise behind fields or tress. I'm a sucker for farm country. 

@DuchessOfCambridge I've never had truffle fries but the restaurant SO works at has truffle ketchup as an option with their fries and it is amazing! I've never been a huge fan of sweet potato fries just because I've never eaten any thay were crispy. I love sweet potato chips though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2Dash totally agree
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @2Dash I'm with you on that one. To be fair I would never wear anything with a skull on it in my life (I'm more J Crew than Ed Hardy), but I guess that is some peoples style and they want to also reflect that in what their children wear? TETO but not my cup of tea.

ETA: I DO think the maternity shirts for Halloween with a little baby skeleton doing a ninja kick are kind of cute. Still not for me but if someone else was wearing it I would appreciate it and giggle. In spoiler because it's enormous.

• Options
    I hate baby moccasins. They're expensive and ugly. I get that soft soled shoes are good for starting walkers, but i feel like they provide zero protection from things like sharp objects and general walking hazards. 
  • Options
    @cmessamore but Disney is so much more than that! <3 I went for a college grad trip with two girlfriends and I got to have a character lunch with Winnie the Pooh characters and I cried (FFFC maybe). It's more about all of the childhood things for me than about the rides, though I like those too. I'm with you on the heat though, I will only go in the colder months.

• Options
    BayCamp said:
    I hate baby moccasins. They're expensive and ugly. I get that soft soled shoes are good for starting walkers, but i feel like they provide zero protection from things like sharp objects and general walking hazards. 
    Where are you taking your baby walking?? I feel like you should probably avoiding taking your just-learning-to-walk baby places with many sharp objects to begin with. Honestly, @baycamp ;)

But in all seriousness, we had a pair and I loved them. I did get them in like-new shape from a consignment store for like $5 though. Definitelty not in my budget for $60 baby shoes, no matter how cute they are!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've been a couple times when I was young and though I had fun, the thought of going now with 6 children sounds horrendous. I'd rather spend that money doing something amazing for them! 
  • Options
    I love cityscapes. Night, day, IDGAF. Our apartment overlooks DC and I will never ever get over that view. We had a ridiculous view in the Caribbean as well living high on a hill where we overlooked Magen's Bay and the BVI.  I can also get down with country trees. These views are beautiful, make me feel alive, and like I am a part of something much bigger than I could ever imagine. 

• Options
    @ArtificialRed lol well not like box cutters and needles, but the kid I babysit for cries if he even steps on a rock in them. He's 18mo and pretty much cries over everything though so that might shape my opinion. I've got friends from my last BMB that have custom made mocs in assorted colors for their 2 year olds. They tag the shops on IG, do flat lays of their "outfits of the day" and that kind of thing. It always seemed super  pretentious to me.
  • Options
    I'm with @DuchessOfCambridge here, @cmessamore. I have such wonderful memories of visiting Disney as a kid and I want my kids to experience it too. I'm guessing that we'll make the trip in the next 3-4 years, once this baby is old enough to have some favorite characters, but while my oldest is still young enough to be wide-eyed and wondered. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @kissthesky32 we were supposed to go this year but ended up not being able to and obviously won't now while pregnant but there's a good chance we'll take the baby next year. At least babies are free! It'll be a different experience for sure and we'll look into if it'll be too difficult and whatnot but in dream world we are going.

• Options
    jess0211 said:
    I think this Starbucks Unicorn drink that everyone is posting about on FB looks sooooooo disgusting and is possibly diabetes in a cup. 
    Couldn't agree more. My news feed is full of them and I want to vomit. 
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited April 2017
    My Disney view is a little skewed since I live 45 minutes from the park and have been a passholder for about half my life. We haven't been since DS was born but will probably go next year. They do a Florida resident special that for $150 you can get in to the parks 4 times between january-June which is plenty for me. When our kids get a little older we'll reevaluate for an annual pass again. I agree that for tourists it's SOOOO expensive!

For Floridians it's a really common thing to have an annual pass to at least one theme park a year. Usually you and your friends/family decide which park to get each year and get passes to the same one so you can all go together. We have Busch Gardens this year since it's so cheap and right down the street and we're actually going today. Next year might be Disney for their resident special and the year after Universal once DS is tall enough for better rides. 
  • Options
    @BayCamp I LOVE baby moccs. But my little only had one neutral and inexpensive pair. One of the few pairs of shoes I didn't have to fight to keep on her feet!

@kwaldy TOTALLY AGREE. 
  • Options
    @kwaldy My son has 3 Thomas shirts and 2 Daniel Tiger shirts from Old Navy and it's to easy to get him dressed in the morning when he wants to put the clothes on. I thought we'd never own a character shirt but now I'm all for it. It helps me, he thinks he looks good (he's 2), and there was no fighting. Gimme all the Thomas shirts. 
    This is adorable.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge He gets SO excited for those shirts. It's really sweet. He walks around proud to be in it  :D

• Options
    jess0211 said:
    Another one for the day....people who carry on full, LOUD, conversations with each other from bathroom stalls. 

Right?!  Really freakin weird!

• Options
    @kwaldy My son has 3 Thomas shirts and 2 Daniel Tiger shirts from Old Navy and it's to easy to get him dressed in the morning when he wants to put the clothes on. I thought we'd never own a character shirt but now I'm all for it. It helps me, he thinks he looks good (he's 2), and there was no fighting. Gimme all the Thomas shirts. 
    All this. You know what I don't want to do in the morning before daycare? Argue about clothes. My kid will happily put on something with a character. Whatever. She's dressed and neither of us are in tears.
    Touche, valid point. Maybe I'll change my mind (or at least give in) when DD starts putting up a fight getting dressed lol

@ElizabethSchuyler the fact that he thinks he looks good is soooo cute! Confidence is good to see on a kid.