November 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/20

13»

Re: UO Thursday 4/20

• Options
    We made all of our own baby food because it was so easy! We have the Beaba baby cook and it steams and purées all in one! If just take what we were making for dinner and purée it, or sometimes we would make a big batch and freeze and unthaw. I also loved the kiinde pouches and system because I could easily squeeze my baby food into the pouches, and there was a little plastic spoon attachment that snapped in to make feeding so easy 
  • Options
    My UO (even though it is now Friday  ;) ) I think coming to the ED for a possible miscarriage is ridiculous. I've experienced a loss and I know it is devastating, but unless you are hemorrhaging, know you have a Rh incompatibility or are in severe pain, make an appointment with your OB. There is not much we can do, and your OB is more equipped to schedule you appointments and follow up blood work. You may want information immediately, but there isn't much an emergency department can do. 

There's always those special snowflakes too who think they can run to the ED to get peeks at the baby whenever they want. No. It's a misuse of resources. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Roliepoliecoley4 and then take an ambulance to get there. :neutral: ugh
  • Options
    @cmessamore don't even get me started on misuse of EMS services...  :p
  • Options
    @Roliepoliecoley4 right?? Being from MA, so many people here have state insurance, the tax payers are paying for unnecessary ambulance rides and unnecessary ER visits. It's so sad. I've actually had patients tell me that they would've taken a cab to the ER, but the ambulance is cheaper! Or they think they'll get seen faster! Ugh! :angry:
  • Options
    @cmessamore I giggle when those patients get sent to triage. The ambulance is not your magic carpet ride to skip all the patients who have waited. 

If it's serious, then by all means you jump ahead. If you decided the ambulance was your taxi, no. 
  • Options
    c+mpeacheyc+mpeachey member
    edited April 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge and others.....i made all my own baby food for all my bubs. One item made it SO easy and fun....Philips steamer and blender baby food thing. Its white n green. Just so simple. All in one machine. So many ways to use from simple purees to chopped and steamed meat and veggie pieces for toddlers. 

The pic below is of the purees i made in about 1 hour. Then froze. They lasted 3 weeks. 

***Can't attach photo*** bump app sucks

• Options
    @megankth On a BMB I was on a bit in the past there was a whole thread about whether marijuana was safe during pregnancy. A bunch of people were citing some study done on like 40 women in Jamaica that "proved" that pot use during pregnancy was fine. 

Sure, wouldn't it be nice if pot were totally safe? The problem is, it's a drug and like all drugs, I think it ought to be studied extensively before I would ever use it in pregnancy. (I wouldn't use it anyway for other reasons, but I think it's so crazy when people claim it's safe when there just isn't the research to back it up.)
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Catching up here because I've been in a bumpless desert all day... 

I hate skulls on clothing too. I can't even do the baby skeleton in the belly Halloween shirts.

Starbucks unicorn drink is apparently the same sugar content as 3 snickers bars. I'd MUCH rather have 3 snickers bars. 

Disneyland annual pass holder here - I loved going with DH pre-kiddos, and DS has been more times than many adults now, and seeing everything through his eyes is effing amazing. Simple things like the bands and parades and character meet and greets... it's amazing. We went to WDW in September when he was 18 months and we all had a blast.

I wasn't the biggest fan of baby moccs but found a ton of inexpensive ones (my fave were Robeez), and they were just soooooo easy to slip on and off so I kept using them until like a month ago when DS outgrew them finally. For trips to the store or walking the dog real quick they made my life way easier than laces or buckles.

My UO is I don't really like any of the Shonda Rhimes shows. I watched a few seasons of Grey's and just got so bored with it. I have friends that would slap me for this :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

@DuchessofCambridge I hate sweet potato fries. I tried some recently to try and be healthy for the baby but nope. 

@2Dash I don't think I've ever seen baby clothes with skulls but I look at frilly stuff intentionally 

@cmessamore I'm not a huge Disney world/land fan either. This is our first LO but by the time it's old enough to really enjoy Disney, we'll probably have another one that's too young. And when that one's old enough, the older LO will be into different things. I don't understand Disney trips with babies. Like how is that fun. 

@BayCamp I didn't think an 18mo would be in soft shoes anymore anyways....

@ElizabethSchuyler I subbed in preK today and a bunch of them were excited to show me what characters were on their shirts or backpacks

My UO: I hate the new show on Netflix, The OA. DH is loving it. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    TeacherMama7TeacherMama7 member
    edited April 2017
    @Roliepoliecoley4 I've had two miscarriages and never went to the ER, but the first time i really wanted to go to Urgent care. It was my first pregnancy, and I was bleeding, and scared pit of my mind. I didn't "know" for sure it was a miscarriage, and I really wanted to know if it was a miscarriage or If it was just bleeding and the baby was okay. My husband convinced me to stay at home and it turned out to be a miscarriage. However, don't judge first time moms going through a miscarriage. That's a very sad and scary place to be. You don't know what to expect, and you don't know what's happening to you. All you want are some answers. If it's a Tuesday afternoon, I'm sure most people would go to their doctor. However, if it's after hours or on the weekend when the clinics are closed, people will go to the ER or UC for those answers. And I don't really blame them.

My first MC was before I had my son, it was way worse than the second even though the second was further along, because at that point it was my first MC and I had no experience of a healthy pregnancy, and I didn't even know if I'd be able to have a baby. My second MC was after I had my son, and although it was still very difficult, at least I had my one healthy child and I had been through a MC before. 
  • Options
    @elsieisamoocow I liked robeez too for how easy they were to put on! Have you looked into jack and lily sandals or see kai run? They have nice, high quality sandals and shoes and they are Velcro. So easy to put on, which is what I need since DS always takes off his shoes in the car! We also have some croc slip ons that are great
  • Options
    @TeacherMama7 I'm not judging anyone for where they choose to receive care. I just don't think it is the appropriate place. 
  • Options
    I will say that if I thought I was miscarrying my midwives told me to go to the ER at the hospital I'm delivering at because they can see me there. My husband and I pay for our medical care so if I want to use the services that I'm entitled to I shouldn't have to wait. 
  • Options
    I don't even know where to start. I'm not gonna scroll and tag everyone. 
    I love sweet potato fries. Especially with mayo. Yum. 
    I agree with the skulls, it just feels morbid. If my child wants to wear skulls I'm all for it, but until my baby is old enough to tell me what's up they're getting dressed up like dolls. 
    I've never been to Disney and wasn't allowed really watching TV as a child... I do understand wanting to go, I don't understand people who get married there and get Disney tattoos, I feel like that's taking it a bit far... but to each their own. 
    I don't like moccs with the fur as stuff, feels like cultural appropriation, there are other soft shoes to put your baby in that are definitely not going to offend or hurt anyone's feelings. 
    Oh yeah that unicorn drink looks nasty, sounds disgusting, and is SO BAD for you. It has like 72 grams of sugar or something ridiculous like that  it's painful . 
    My UO is the only way I eat fries is dipped in ice cream. Other than that I have no interest in them. 
  • Options
    @Roliepoliecoley4 it feels like you were judging people who were coming in to the ER for a miscarriage because you called it ridiculous. Just explaining why I felt that way. I'm glad you don't judge people for choosing where they will receive care, especially if it's on a weekend when their ob is closed.

@liz4382  I am so sorry that happened to you. I agree, it was a medical emergency for me too.

• Options
    I am not speaking from experience but I don't think moms experiencing extreme pain/bleeding know that it's the end of the pregnancy. They just know something is seriously wrong and that seeing a doctor can hopefully fix or give answers. YOU know that bad news is probably on the horizon for them, but they really are hoping to end their nightmare and go home and everything will be just fine. It's not a sore throat or a cough. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler I had said in my original reply that severe pain/bleeding definitely warrant being seen. 
  • Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler I had said in my original reply that severe pain/bleeding definitely warrant being seen. 

I've had 3 MCs - they've all had severe bleeding. I can't imagine that losing a child wouldn't be accompanied by severe bleeding.

I saw my OB immediately with all of my losses. But, if any happened on a weekend, you can bet your bottom I would have gone to the ER. An ultrasound to calm me down or confirm my fears, plus some potentially needed pain meds = reason enough for me to go. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    liz4382liz4382 member
    edited April 2017
    @Roliepoliecoley4 A miscarriage almost always involves severe pain and bleeding, so...yeah.  I think this is a case of know your audience. Lots of ladies here have experienced loss, so to call them ridiculous for how they handled it is not going to go over well.  *edit* I do realize that it wasn't your intention to judge or make anyone feel bad, and thank you for clarifying that. You are entitled to your opinion, but I do want to explain why I disagree. 

@ElizabethSchuyler exactly--the hope is to get answers and fix what is wrong.  I'm not a doctor, but if someone had severe pain and/or bleeding, went to the ER, and ended up having something like an incompetent cervix that could be fixed if caught in time...people should never stay home because they think nothing can be done.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I used to dip sweet potatoe fries in a lot of ketchup lol Now its doesn't sound appetizing at all. I just want french fries all the time :D