May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: Post partum food/meal

2»

Re: GTKY: Post partum food/meal

• Options
    I was thinking there wasn't anything that I haven't eaten while pregnant so I couldn't think of anything. BUT I just remembered!! I want a blended grapefruit rebel from Dutch Bros (a coffee stand). It's their version of a Red Bull with grapefruit syrup. It's  basically summer in  cup. It's a soo good!! I haven't limited my caffiene intake when it comes to coffee but I did stop having energy drinks. I can't wait! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    After DD was born I was ravenous as well, but the hospital I went to and will be going to again has really good food so I think I'll just stick to that while I'm there.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to sharing rum and coke with DH again and if I can swing it, I would love to go out to eat at a certain bacon bar as they have bacon wrapped chicken fried steak and fancy grapefruit beer on tap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even think about the possibility of nothing being open when I'm allowed to eat again! BOO! Even Wal-Mart closes here!
  • Options
    absbubbs said:
    I didn't even think about the possibility of nothing being open when I'm allowed to eat again! BOO! Even Wal-Mart closes here!
    Actually this is a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully the hospital still supplies cold meats, cheese, spreads and bread etc in L&D :-/ I assume they would...
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    The food at my hospital is dismal BUT it's just around the corner from a block or two of excellent restaurants and a Whole Foods so I should be able to get whatever deranged thing I demand after birth (hours permitting). Between regular pregnancy restrictions and gestational diabetes the candidate list is long, but I have no idea what I will neeeeeed on the spot. Sushi? Waffles? A giant bowl of carby pasta? Really, creepily, rare meat? Regardless, there will be wine!
  • Options
    I have put in a special meal request with DH. A turkey and cheese bagel sandwich from Einstein's Bagels and a blizzard from Dairy Queen.  <3  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I hadn't looked at this thread because I thought it was going to be about meal prep and I know I am too lazy for that, but now I am super hungry for all of the yummy things you all listed!!! Like others I really haven't given up much. Lunch meat and caffeine stuck around this time and I am not a seafood person, but I did give up black licorices and I want some bad! The food at the hospital is good, so I probably wont do anything special there, but I have been day dreaming about a Miller Lite on my parents back patio for a few months now. So glad to not miss patio beers like I did with DS (August baby). 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just copious amounts of food and diet pop...

my hospital makes these wraps with peanut butter and strawberries.. I'm pretty sure they are for kids but they are so yummy. That was my first meal after I had my DS and it tasted so good I ordered one every day while I was there.