March 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms! 4/10

13»

Re: Randoms! 4/10

• Options
    Can I just say that I am at the EXACT same weight as I was about 2 weeks postpartum. I've lost maybe 20 pounds... with 20 left to go.  Finding an outfit for Easter was so annoying! 

Also, I've had this nagging pain in my hip area that changes position. I will be 6 weeks PP on Tuesday and really want to start working out but I can't with this pain. My husband keeps saying its pelvis related but I think it could be my sciatica. 

Either way... the ol' saying that breastfeeding is the way weight loss tool is a total lie to me. It wasn't like this totally the first time around. I had to work towards getting back in shape but my hips don't lie this time.  :s
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited April 2017
    Breastfeeding did help me lose weight last time but not all right away. I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy, then lost 60 over the course of 6 months (20 being right away, lol). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I finally found something to wear that zipped up and looked half decent! Struggle bus. 

I also had significant weight loss last time... just took 6-9mo. I hung onto the last 10lbs but then from 6-9mo I lost 20. But everyone is different!  Your body usually gains that extra 5-10 lbs in pregnancy just for this purpose of nourishing baby! So try not to be hard on yourself. It took
    9mo to gain it gradually and grow a baby - so (preaching to myself too) be patient with your body and accept it'll take a few months to adjust back.

Im sure those of us that are breastfeeding have at least 5-10lbs in boob weight to consider too ;) 
  • Options
    I do feel like my boobs weigh 10 pounds! DH definitely like that add-on!
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Last time for me I lost a lot of weight when DD was 3-6 months. I kept getting skinnier and she kept getting more and more rolls lol. I think I read somewhere that it's pretty common to lose right after birth and then again right around 3 months. 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    I finally found something to wear that zipped up and looked half decent! Struggle bus. 

I also had significant weight loss last time... just took 6-9mo. I hung onto the last 10lbs but then from 6-9mo I lost 20. But everyone is different!  Your body usually gains that extra 5-10 lbs in pregnancy just for this purpose of nourishing baby! So try not to be hard on yourself. It took
    9mo to gain it gradually and grow a baby - so (preaching to myself too) be patient with your body and accept it'll take a few months to adjust back.

Im sure those of us that are breastfeeding have at least 5-10lbs in boob weight to consider too ;) 
    I've read this 3 times now and I'm still laughing! It is so true!

Breastfeeding has definitely helped me lose weight since DD was born. I gained 45lbs this pregnancy and was back to pre pregnancy weight by 2 weeks pp. However, I am still probably 40lbs overweight and that could have something to do with it too.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    guys i really hope i'm just losing my mind but i could swear i see little bumps forming where her first teeth would be. aaand i've been noticing more drool. DS took about 5 months to get his first teeth i think so I'm hoping I'm just nuts lol. 
  • Options
    guys i really hope i'm just losing my mind but i could swear i see little bumps forming where her first teeth would be. aaand i've been noticing more drool. DS took about 5 months to get his first teeth i think so I'm hoping I'm just nuts lol. 
    That's not normal? I could see bumps in both my son's gums and now my daughter's, like in the front above the gum line. I think he started cutting teeth at about 5 or 6 months. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's not normal? I could see bumps in both my son's gums and now my daughter's, like in the front above the gum line. I think he started cutting teeth at about 5 or 6 months. 
    The bumps aren't the teeth-just normal gums-the teeth coming in flattens them out and you see the seethrough little pockets with a dash of white 
  • Options
    thank goodness! i don't remember that with DS
  • Options
    shines721shines721 member
    edited April 2017
    Interesting find on the bump today in relation to above posts. Not thinking that's what it is @Gators&BoSox but didn't even know that this existed! You learn something new every day. 

https://www.thebump.com/a/baby-born-with-teeth
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Guess I'm free, baby's favorite way to nap is out of the house!