May 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments week of 4/16

I'll get this started for our ladies in other parts of the world and those who may have appointments early in the am.
A place to fill us in on any information from your latest appointment, future appointments, and any new information on baby! 

Re: Appointments week of 4/16

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @0408Bear: It's so close! How are you feeling, more nervous or more excited? Besides your appt tmrw, how are you spending your day? FX for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    That's really sweet that you're taking her out to dinner, just the two of you---I love it! Sleep well tonight, sending you good vibes!
  • Options
    Group B test tomorrow...fun. Haven't picked a pediatrician yet either. A friend recommends theirs so we'll probably give them a call. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    We have our pediatrician tours this Thursday. I'm really excited! Anyone else still not have their ped yet? (Terrible grammar but I can't think right now.)
    We get assigned a doc at random after the delivery so I wouldn't stress it too much! 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited April 2017
    When do they start doing cervical checks? I have my strep B on Thursday at my 36 week visit. Do they start cervical checks then too? 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @KMD1106
    I think it varies by office.  My doctor doesn't do cervical checks until 38 weeks.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @KMD1106 it definitely varies. My doc doesn't do them unless you request it and for the life of me I can't imagine ever wanting one. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @KMD1106 My midwife doesn't do them unless you request.  I asked the NP to check while doing my GBS swab since I had my pants off anyway.  That will probably be it until 38 weeks when we'll be trying to get labor going and do a check and sweep.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    We get assigned pediatricians so I've never toured an office @jayandaplus I hope it goes well! 

I have my GBS test tomorrow. I feel like I was told they might start checking at 36 so that would be tomorrow, but I will probably decline. 
  • Options
    Had a cervical check today expecting to be somewhat dilated and baby to be low... I 100% feel like baby has dropped and pelvic pressure is increased, BUT no dilation and the OB (not my usual as my doctor is on vacation) said he didn't seem low to her. Also said she thought my OB was wrong about fundal height and my baby doesn't seem big. This baby is without a doubt larger than my last and he wasn't small by any means (8lbs, 22 in, 14 cm head). Our growth scan last week landed macrosomia on my chart. Last week's appts left me feeling like things were possibly so much more immediate. Now I'm just left condused. I've had painful contractions almost everyday for fairly long periods of time, so I at least thought I would have had some progression.

My pelvic pain and lack of sleep is killing me. Work is stressful and I'm just ready to be done. /rant
  • Options
    @KMD1106 I think my office does 37 but you can decline. I'll be in between 36 37 this week so I'm wondering if they'll do it. Had my strep test last Thursday I don't remember last time but this time they swabbed my vag and then my butt....
  • Options
    I picked a pediatrician based upon open hours and urgent visit availability so we could get in after work.  Hopefully you have a good visit and pick one easily @jayandaplus !
  • Options
    I got lucky picking our pediatrician when I had my daughter. Love him and the whole office!! I have my 36 week check Thursday and group b test. My OB starts checking for dilation this week. Apparently he only checks at 36, 38 and 40 wks. My previous OB checked at every visit after 36 weeks, so definitely depends on your doc!!
  • Options
    I had my first check last week at 36-1 when she did my GBS. I had an appt today and wanted her to check me again to see if there wasn't change but she was running really behind (a bad delivery at the hospital in the middle of the day) so I just let it go so the appt was real quick. Next/last appt is next Monday and then my induction is the next Wednesday!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Just incase anyone doesn't want a cervical check and wants to avoid the pants off thing as long as possible, you can request to do the GBS swab yourself (it's not exactly difficult) 

i expected to have mine mine last week but have had no mention of it :-/ next appointment is at 38w, going to ask for a sweep to see if things will start to get moving (more than the contractions I've had on and off for 2 weeks now)
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I have my 35w this Friday and it will be GBS time plus a u/s to check for position and VBAC counseling and prepping to hand me off to a new doc. Last time he let me do the GBS test myself (it is the easiest ting ever if you can reach!) so I am hoping for a repeat of that. 

I have no idea what my appointment schedule is going to look like past that because we have been sort of winging it. 28, 32, then 35 which I know isn't the "norm" but I like not having to go all.the.time. I doubt new doctor will be so benevolent!

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I had group B test and cervical check at 36 weeks and now I get a cervical check weekly. At both 36 and 37 weeks I was just 1 cm.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I had both the GBS swab and my first cervical check last week at my 36 week appointment. The GBS swab was NBD, but the cervical check was very uncomfortable for me. I cramped for the rest of that day and the following day and I spotted too which made me nervous. I was going to decline it but my NP wanted to check on things since I was having so much pressure. I think I'll decline this week since they offer them every week until the end at the practice I go to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I had my appointment today and they did the GBS test. The doctor asked if I wanted a cervical check and I declined. She said they will most likely do one at 40 to see what's going on. 
  • Options
    I had group B test and cervical check at 36 weeks and now I get a cervical check weekly. At both 36 and 37 weeks I was just 1 cm.
    But even just 1cm is closer to fully dilated :wink: Just go with the mind set that your body IS doing its thing! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I'm headed to my NST and 35wk appointment with the GSB swab. My doctor said he wouldn't see me back again until 37wks so I'm interested to see if he does a cervical check or not this visit. 35wks seems early but I am sorta of curios as this LO feels like he's hanging out so low, but I'm not certain I want to deal with the discomfort of a check already. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I just had my GSB swab and 36 week appointment. I was measuring between 39-40 weeks today so they want me to do a growth ultrasound next week. She also did a cervical check, said baby was heads down but still high, no dilation. 

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I went to my u/s last Wednesday when I was 33 +4 and my baby was measuring 5 lb 7 oz.  U/s tech said she'd be probably 8 and a half pounds at my due date... and who knows when I'll deliver. I'm right there with ya...  :#
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes solidarity sister. And let's be honest, as first time moms we're just as likely to go over as early. Eeekkk  :#
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see what my office does. I don't think they really care about size. They never told me what baby measured at the A/S, or what my fundal height is. In fact, the closest measurement I got was at my first appointment when the doc said "looks like baby is measuring at least 11-13 weeks". At my next appointment they'll see what position baby is in, but I have no idea what they'll use to do that. Part of me wants to know what they predict, but part of me knows how off it could be.
  • Options
    Had my 35 week appointment today. No GBS swab or cervical check, but I am having a RCS (but still letting myself go into labor). Next appointment is at 37 weeks. 
  • Options
    I am 37 weeks, I had my cervical check and GBS swap last Thursday. I was at 0 cm, which made me a bit sad. Especially since the cervical check was quite uncomfortable. I go again this Thursday for another U/S (dr. wants to take a look at the amniotic fluid as I have been getting quite close to the low side of the normal scale) and another cervical check. Really hope I am at least at a 1.
  • Options
    pshaortao said:
    Note to self.. wear a maxi skirt or dress for the 36 week checkup... I can just hike that up, right? Better than pants either way!
    Lol! Why didn't i think of that? Such a good idea
  • Options
    BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited April 2017
    35 week check today with GBS test and no cervical check. Said he's measuring st 35 weeks lol I don't get much more hang that unless I ask for the u/s I don't think I get anymore. And when she felt my stomach and all that she said she's pretty sure his head is up and not down. St least that's how he was st the appointment. I swear he flip flops all.the.time. 

Weekly appointments from here on out! Oh, and she said she thinks the pain in my back and everything that happens with it is my hernia acting up. So I either ate too much, ate something that it didn't like, and/or baby kicked me in my hernia and aggravated it lol so yay to that! She's like pregnancy is fun right? 

Eta: forgot stuff 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 and @Jens_Hoes Why did y'all get growth scans? I have my 36 week one 4/18. Y'all are making me nervous!