May 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 4/16

Re: Appointments week of 4/16

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited April 2017
    @ShadeofGreen816 and @Jens_Hoes Why did y'all get growth scans? I have my 36 week one 4/18. Y'all are making me nervous!
    I can't speak for the other ladies, but I'm getting an extra ultrasound next week at my 36 week appt to check my fluid levels bc of all the bleeding I had in my first tri.
  • @ShadeofGreen816 and @Jens_Hoes Why did y'all get growth scans? I have my 36 week one 4/18. Y'all are making me nervous!
    @jayandaplus ironically I was measuring small. The u/s tech said it's because she's not hanging out near my belly button but more on the sides so it's making the front of me measure smaller. I wasn't that small but I was a little nervous about it due to a close friend  Who had an unexpectedly small and special needs baby in March. I think they mostly did the ultrasound to humor me. Of course now I have the opposite worry! Welcome to parenting, I guess. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @starphish18 I was getting growth US due to this low free hcg thing that showed up in my first tri screen. We had one last week and they said we didn't have to come back in the 4 weeks we normally would which would be right before birth. We "graduated" lol Baby was 5.14 lbs and oz and measuring in the 44 percentile so they are confident I wont have a underdeveloped baby
  • @ShadeofGreen816 and @Jens_Hoes Why did y'all get growth scans? I have my 36 week one 4/18. Y'all are making me nervous!
    Jumping in here because I had a few last pregnancy. I was measuring off the charts (like the top of my uterus couldn't be found behind my sternum). They did it in conjunction with extra GD testing to make sure they hadn't missed it. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @jayandaplus I guess my OB office does it for everyone at 34 weeks.  They check to make sure the baby is head down, and to measure an approximate weight of the baby in order to make a plan for appointments moving forward/c sections/ etc.  I had not had any monitoring other than fundal length since week 20, so I think it was just to make sure we were on track.  
  • @jayandaplus I had them at 28, 32, & 36 weeks for GD. That was due to the MFM. I think my doctor would normally just order one at 32 wks and then maybe 36 wks if the kid was huge (as mine is). 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @jayandaplus I had one at 33 weeks because I was measuring a bit ahead and because she seems extra cautious about my ITP (low platelets). Not sure why that makes her do an ultrasound as from what I understand there wouldn't be anything to see, but they discovered he was still head up so we are now getting another ultrasound at the next appointment (Friday) to check position. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB orders an US at 38 weeks for everyone just to check size and make sure everything else is good. Then if something shows up he can decide from there 
  • Thanks all! I guess I didn't realize growth scans were so common. I'm getting one (4/28, not 4/18, typo in my last post) related to the GD. Makes me feel better that plenty of OBs get them for a myriad of reasons.
    My last one was my 34 US where baby was supposedly 4lb 11oz :O I'm not entirely buying it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @vrj0522 I always thinking of you as our first of the board. Getting close!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @vrj0522 But I'm sure you're ready! Having the baby seems to me like planning to have the baby-- you can only be so ready.
  • Just had my weekly NST and check (37w6d). Still only 1cm dilated which, as my doctor put it so eloquently, means I'll likely be there next week for another check up! LOL. I'm also going to get on board with the whole "I'm fine staying pregnant until my due date, but I really don't want to go over". My mood is awful lately, and I feel like it's only going to get worse as the due date gets closer. 
    I keep telling myself 5/7/17 would be a fun birth date. Thats only a few days past our due dates, but...it's something!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Louise_Belcher: That’s such a great dinnertime topic! And to do it with your kids too. It reminds me of Oprah's gratitude journal trend from a few years back.
  • @SKZW Agreed that it will be so fun when little ones can answer the question too! 
    @ChristinaWild Yes it having to be specific has made it so much more fun and we get to hear about pieces of each other's day that may not have came up otherwise. Although sometimes dinner is the best part or the best part hadn't happened yet. Enjoy your massage and pedi!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How are you feeling ?? :)
  • Chiropractor yesterday. You've seen my wrist woes, hopefully we can get some improvement as I couldn't function properly in my BF-ing class :/
    She did confirm baby is in position though not entirely engaged. She said they were in there a little odd/ squished so she adjusted to get the baby to lie right? Who knows.
    I thought this was interesting though, she said I'm in the 20% of women where baby is laying on my right side.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe Silly question, but baby is lying on your right side? I can't for the life of me figure out what that means.
  • @nda_roxybabe both this kid and my first exclusively hung out on my right too. If I feel a jab or anything on my left it's really surprising and generally just a stray hand or door. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @nda_roxybabe mine lays on the right and then all the kicks and jabs are from feet, knees and hands on the left. I can feel her back on my right side. 
  • MTB16MTB16 member
    Just back from a 34 week appointment and yet another growth scan - baby has gained a little weight and is roughly 4.5 lbs, but the bugger is breech and I have low end of normal fluid so I have to go back next week for another u/s.  

Dr. is not hopeful for him turning around at this point and starting discussions on trying to spin him after 37 weeks or scheduling a C.  H is not on board with spinning so I guess I'll see how this all plays out in the next week or so. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @nda_roxybabe My aunt is a midwife and she told me about a website called spinningbabies.com. There's a lot of exercises that you can do to get your baby in a good position even when they're not breech. 

I had my 36 week appt. today and I asked about how I was measuring since I was told at my 34 week appointment that I was measuring 38 cm. The doctor at my 34 week appt. wasn't concerned, but she did say I was measuring a bit ahead. Well today, I asked about measurements and this doctor told me I was right on target and the baby will probably be 6.5- 7 pounds at birth. I don't know why I bother asking since it seems like all of these measurements mean nothing anyway.
  • MTB16 said:

Dr. is not hopeful for him turning around at this point and starting discussions on trying to spin him after 37 weeks or scheduling a C.  H is not on board with spinning so I guess I'll see how this all plays out in the next week or so. 
    Interesting how different doctors have different opinions. My LO was breech at 34 weeks and the doctor wasn't worried at all. Sure enough by our 36 week scan he'd flipped the right way. Hopefully yours does the same and you don't have to deal with a c-section or flipping him around. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• SWE2 said:
    @nda_roxybabe mine lays on the right and then all the kicks and jabs are from feet, knees and hands on the left. I can feel her back on my right side. 
    This, I have a bum up around my ribs, which I can feel and see, I have several photos of the lop-sides belly, but also feel kicks on my left, he's kind of in a V in there, bum up, legs down, spine to my right side.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Had my 34 week appt today. Everything was great, blood pressure 100/60. I scheduled my last three OB appts and have my induction set for May 25! It's getting real!
  • MTB16MTB16 member
    vrj0522 said:
    MTB16 said:

Interesting how different doctors have different opinions. My LO was breech at 34 weeks and the doctor wasn't worried at all. Sure enough by our 36 week scan he'd flipped the right way. Hopefully yours does the same and you don't have to deal with a c-section or flipping him around. 
    Agreed!  I thought they would say they weren't worried for another week or so, but I guess with my fluid levels low and measuring small (fundal height is still only at 31ish weeks) that he's out of room in there for such a big flip? I'm going to remain hopeful because I really really don't want a C section!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @chocolatelemons I've been trying to convince H not to put too much weight in the measurements (no pun intended). At my last appointment, OB told me that baby was measuring small. I had to remind H that a week prior the MFM OB told me the measurements were on target. Not going to sweat it until she gets here.
  • Had my 36wk checkup today (and solo huzzah!!!). Bacteria was found in my urine so they're testing for an UTI.  GBS swab got done and I was glad to remember to wear a skirt. Midwife ended up having to do an ultrasound because she was unable to determine his position, which was head down btw. I'm going to be pissed if I get billed for that since ultrasounds are not part of the prenatal care package including the AS.  She didn't offer a cervical check or anything either. It was a pretty ordinary appt overall.

• @lilmisscrafty-2 From everything I've read, fundal height isn't always accurate and neither are ultrasounds. I think the most important thing is that the measurements are increasing week to week at whatever pace is considered average. My midwife aunt also told me that fundal height measurements can be very subjective too.
  • WombThereItIsWombThereItIs member
    edited April 2017
    Weird late duplicate ghost post. 

Boo!

May '17 labor memes