October 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest | 4.17.17

Re: Monday Bitchfest | 4.17.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was really surprised the circumcision one didn't get heated. Usually that, vaccines, and cry it out tend to cause drama. 
  • Options
    I like to think that we're actually a fairly open minded, level headed, mature group of gals. I mean, adults should be able to discuss topics with differing opinions without complete meltdowns, right?

Don't let me down, y'all.
    Those who have the meltdowns don't typically act like adults anyway. 
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife That's so annoying! Plus I think even if I thought that someone didn't contribute "as much as last year" I wouldn't say anything, super tacky! And you guys hosted on top of that, yikes! 

• Options
    dajocl said:
     Can someone please start this poll?! I am slowly falling asleep at work today and could use the entertainment :D Let's fish some crazies out!
    I can start this, unless someone is already in the process. Any poll answer suggestions?

• Options
    @nbcarlson and @oliveoyl2014 It really was a "yikes" situation  :D We usually do all the cooking, drinks, ice, host, clean up afterwards etc, but it gets expensive, and DH has a pretty big family. It would be nice if people offered to help. She told DH it needed to be at our house or we couldn't have an Easter get together (because of all the different feuds she has going on). 

2nd MBF: FTMs, did you guys get any "just you wait" comments over the weekend while around friends/family? Me and DH started counting because everyone seemed to have a question, following a "just you wait" story, and I couldn't stop laughing towards the end of the night. I'm thinking this is a rite of passage type of thing. It honestly didn't bother me, but the amount of times we were both told this over the weekend made it comical. 

example:
    FIL: Are you more tired lately?
    me: A little, but its getting much better
    FIL: Just you wait, you don't know what tired is until you have a baby. 

SMIL: When do you leave for your trip?
    me: in about a month
    SMIL: Just you wait, once baby comes, you will say goodbye to vacations. There is no such thing as a vacation once you have a child.

Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 one response should be selective vaccinations (doing some, but not all), and/or delayed vaccinations (slower time table than generally done).
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    My MBF is about my mother. My cousin gave birth last Wed, very excited being her first child and yay I'm on Spring Break and can go visit. I was supposed to go with my parents (cousin lives 2hrs away in another state). I am only traveling with my parents cuz pregnancy makes public transport too uncomfortable for me. Well my mom's friend said she was tagging along, but insisted that we go and come back on Sat.

There was no way I could agree to that. It already takes me nearly 1.5hrs to get to my parents, then 2hrs on the road minimum to get to my cousin. To then repeat that again the same day with my nausea and motion sickness? So I cancelled the trip and said I won't join them unless they come back on Sun. Mom said no, her friend had to be back Sat night. I'm annoyed I won't meet the baby for a few more weeks.

It doesn't even end there. Mom calls me Sat evening to say that they decided to stay overnight after all. Top it all off, my godmother and uncle from a different town had also gone down to meet the baby. They missed my wedding in Nov because of a death in their family. They were also with their son who missed the wedding because he was deployed in the Navy. I feel like I got cheated on such a good mini family reunion because my mom wanted to accommodate her friend who ended up having no plans she needed to be back for. Plus my dad said he won't drive out there anytime soon so I'll have to either wait several weeks to meet the baby or suck it up and go public transport which will take over 4hrs
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I know right? I was super impressed! *high five*

@natleilynn your gif made me giggle XD

@winterecho That is really such a huge let down. I'm sorry you're going through that right now. Big time horrible and I really hope that you at least get to see the LO soon :( 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers