December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, questions, and concerns for the week of 4/8

Re: Symptoms, questions, and concerns for the week of 4/8

• Options
    @vvitchhazel with DS, I had NO symptoms until week 8 and thats when all hell broke loose for me and MS.  Others I know never had symptoms at all and went on to have healthy pregnancies. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    justsuzie said:
    I started having spotting earlier today and I freaked out and called the on-call dr. After 3 consecutive losses we weren't taking any chances. She chalked it up to our late night activities. Apparently when me and my husband did the deed last night he must have hit my cervix. And I guess the cervix is more sensitive during pg.  The dr wasn't concerned so I'm trying to play it cool too. Meanwhile my husband is saying calm down, your fine. It's easy for him to be calm and I'm envious of that. I'm hoping it was a one time thing. 

Ho many other ladies have had spotting and turned out being fine?
    I spotted with my DD. It was a hematoma. It cleared up by about week 7/8. Hoping all is well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jellybelly119Jellybelly119 member
    edited April 2017
    @vvitchhazel I'm in exactly the same boat, and though I'm trying to think rationally, I'm getting pretty nervous. With DS my boobs were crazy sore; I knew I was pregnant before I even took a test! This time I have some waves of nausea, and some mild cramping/back pain, but nothing else. I don't know how feasible it is, but I just weaned DS about a month and a half ago and I'm assuming my hormone levels may still be all out of whack, so the PG hormones may not be such a shock to my body this time around. I honestly don't even think that makes sense, but that's what I'm telling myself!! And actually, I think estrogen and progesterone levels are lowered while BFing, so my theory legitimately holds no water. I just know my hormones have been NUTS since I weaned, so that's what I'm sticking with. Just ignore me! 

Edit because I seriously can't type. 
  • Options
    acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited April 2017
    @vvitchhazel I had zero symptoms with my son. Not a day of MS, zero bouts of nausea, didn't use the restroom more than normal, etc. Now I think this one is trying to kill me and it's karma for having a great 1st pregnancy. Lol. 
  • Options
    I'm exhausted and I've been cramping a little bit. Cramping + PGAL is tons of fun. 
  • Options
    So I finally got my first appointment scheduled and it's not until May 16?! That seems SO far away and I'll be about 10 weeks, almost out of the first tri. With my first pregnancy I got bloodwork done right away and had an 8 and 12 week ultrasound.

Does anyone else have their first appointment scheduled out that far?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had a dream that I met Quads last night, I really hope that isn't some sort of sign.  I dreamt we were having twins before we found out we were expecting twins (I have 9 month old twins at home), so needless to say that woke me up and kept me up... I think the pregnancy insomnia is starting already.  Not cool!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel I dont recall having any real symptoms with DS except maybe bloating until 8+ weeks, and even then it was mild! I'm sure you are doing okay!

@ilikestars089 My first appointment isn't until 9 weeks, pretty standard here in Alberta anyway! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sheswiftysheswifty member
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    @justsuzie I'm so glad you were able to put your mind at ease! 
  • Options
    @amandakoperski It looks like you're new to The Bump... Welcome! I just wanted to say that you might want to consider changing your username. Having your full name could pose a safety risk for you. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @Marley629 @Jellybelly119 @acgonzalez22 @kvacmak! I'm comparing this to DD's pregnancy and I definitely don't miss all those symptoms, but they were so reassuring. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel I thought the same thing but can't figure out how to change it 
  • Options
    @amandakoperski if you signed up through the Knot, you've got to sign in there to change it! 
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel I had zero symptoms with my son. Not a day of MS, zero bouts of nausea, didn't use the restroom more than normal, etc. Now I think this one is trying to kill me and it's karma for having a great 1st pregnancy. Lol. 

This! The belching alone is driving me crazy.
  • Options
    Ugh my arms have started going numb when I sleep... it's way too early for this bull!
  • Options
    @kvacmak Is that a pregnancy thing? My arms been doing that for the last week but I thought I was just laying on it wrong? 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    bkrahnbkrahn member
    edited April 2017
    @ilikestars089 my first appointments have always been scheduled around the 12 week mark which seems SO silly to me as well!
  • Options
    @kmallery08 it happened to me with my first. 
  • Options
    @kmallery08 Totally! I can't remember the reason why, but I know some women in my previous BMB said they'd wake up and their arms would be completely numb from the shoulder down! It's only a couple fingers for me right now, but I hope it doesn't progress!
  • Options
    Yup, definitely arm numbness happens, usually it didn't happen til later on though for me.  Pregnancy insomnia is what I'm most worried about.  The twins sleep well and this mama needs all the sleep I can get these days. lately I have been falling asleep around 9 and waking up at 6!  
    I haven't been nauseous yet (and never threw up with the twins) so I'm curious to see how this one plays out in the next few weeks. I have brown spotting which is very normal. I believe it's just old blood clearing out. As long as you don't have cramping or bright red blood it's completely normal.  
    I'm extremely bloated which is also completely normal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jumping in a little late! My first appointment is early it seems, I'm currently 5w5d and will be 6w5d at my first appointment. I'm very anxious for it though! Other than the occasional bloating/gas and terrible acne, I've had no real symptoms. (I have been sleeping a lot more but I'm also a night shift worker so who knows?) Has anyone else experienced this and had a normal pregnancy? This is my first so I'm definitely nervous! 
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    @kmallery08, definitely a pregnancy thing! It's one of my worst symptoms, carpal tunnel. It's because the swelling causes the nerves to compress. I've never had it this early, but I suppose it could start as soon as swelling starts.
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    Can some 3rd, 4th, 5th time mommas help ease my little pgal brain? I'm not getting that breast tenderness that I'm used to. It's still very early, and they tingle at times, but not sore...is this just maybe that after three prior pregnancies and 2 breast fed babies my boobs just don't need to stretch so much this time? Any experience? TIA!
  • Options
    @NME44 Every pregnancy is so different. I only have had sore boobs with my first. This is my fifth pregnancy and the only consistent thing I've felt every time is nausea. It's so hard not to worry! PGAL brain makes this so hard.
  • Options
    @justsuzie When I was pregnant with my DD, I used to have spotting after sex, particularly in the first trimester. I had a polyp on my cervix. Totally normal. I have had the same thing this time (once so far).

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 thanks for the reassurance. I tried to tell myself it was normal but I'm a worrier. My husband is the complete opposite! 
  • Options
    Piccola1988Piccola1988 member
    edited April 2017
    I have lots of good, normal symptoms (big/sore boobs, slight nausea, fatigue, extra hungry), but the only one that's really stressed me out is cramping.  It's very slight (doesn't even come close to AF cramps), and it's usually more like a pinch or at least localized to one spot which I know is normal, but it's still been worrying me.  Today I don't really feel any cramping and now that has me worried.  I really cannot wait to be further along.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 i haven't had nausea either! i'm 5 weeks and a few days. but i do have serious insomnia. i rather that though than being sick. hopefully we all feel only good things  :D
    Me: 28 DH: 27
    Dating: October 2012
    Married: April 2016
    TTC #1: March 2017
    BFP: 04/03/17

• Options
    Nausea just kicked in today (5 weeks exactly)...awesome. And the lower back pain has been bad the last day or so - but I chalk that up to the progesterone shots DH has to give me in the butt!
  • Options
    I am vegan and recently I've noticed that I am having a lot of trouble digesting a bunch of the foods I used to eat. THey are now causing me really bad bloat and gas.  I am already super limited to how I get my protein and now I've had to cross lentils, chickpeas, brussel sprouts, and black beans of my list of foods that I can eat.  I also have IBS and am allergic to gluten.  I am hopefully going to see a nutritionist once I am a little farther on to help me sort out how to maintain a healthy pg.  Has anyone else been affected by foods they always eat?
  • Options
    @justsuzie I think bloating is just normal in the beginning of pregnancy regardless of what you eat, progesterone does that! I am super bloated and remember being the same with my first. 
  • Options
    @kvacmak Does it go away throughout the pg?
  • Options
    @justsuzie bloating (in my experience anyway) is totally gone by second tri. First tri is the worst!
  • Options
    @NME44 Like pp said every pregnancy is different. I'm pregnant with my third and I've never experienced sore breasts until after the baby was born and I was engorged. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie I agree with @rainbowdashh it was gone by 2nd tri for me too
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    Grumpy. That's a pregnancy symptom and I have it.
    Lol! I was unreasonably upset at something one of my friends did when I was 4 weeks with DD. I said, "I must be pregnant!" not even believing it. Lo and behold, a week later I found out that was it!
  • Options
    Grumpy. That's a pregnancy symptom and I have it.
     :D:D:D
    Bahahaha me tooooooooo! I hate everyone.