March 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms! 4/10

Let's hear your randoms this week, ladies! Hopefully all of our LO's have joined us on the outside by now!❤
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms! 4/10

• Options
    Well, my son is being a little bit of a butt head. He has recently started wanting to be up for a couple of hours after he wakes up to eat at night, and he cries pretty much the entire time. I figured out that if I lay my son across my legs and gently rock them back and forth it will get him to sleep. That's obviously a wonderful thing, but I realized I can't pick him up from this position without waking him up. Last night I got him to sleep like this, and then tried to move him to his crib. He woke up while I was trying to pick him up, and so I got to spend another hour trying to get him back to sleep.

I can't decide if its worth the peace and quiet I get when he falls asleep on me to do this. I guess if my options are to stay awake and have my child sleep on my legs or to stay awake and deal with a screaming baby, I should be content with the sleeping baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of women's soccer, and KC has a women's professional team I follow pretty religiously. Attempting to take both boys to the preseason game here in my town tonight so DH can get caught up on schoolwork and grading. T LOVES soccer so I'm not worried about him. Hoping Atti will sleep in the lillebaby the whole time.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Yes to the weather! My plan for the afternoon? Take my son outside to do "yardwork," aka pretend to rake, throw rocks, and pull grass up by the roots. Good times. Thank you 80 degrees.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie just got started in 2012! They play out by the KC zoo, but they're playing KU tonight!
    Also, ew, vomit. Hope Cían's shoulder is okay!
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl I can't wait to see all the styles you do for her hair. I LOVE babies born with a full head of hair - she's so beautiful!! 

Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Options
    I Lurveeee soccer! You're brave lady--have a blast! @datalover13
  • Options
    DD - wore big kid underwear all afternoon and peed in the potty twice with not accidents. For the win. 

DS - won't use a pacifier and wants to be on my boob 24/7. I'm struggling.
    We are going through this in my house right now too, hang in there mama! Ice packs to the nips seems to be helping a little bit but owww

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @triwellnessgirl that's the age for growth spurt, your girl might be going through one
  • Options
    Does anyone's baby favor one side of their head?

We're in the fun balding stage and using hydrocortisone cream to combat some cradle cap so it's hard to see the true shape of the head.

However, during the bath, I noticed he is looking a little lopsided. The flatter part is on the side that he always turns. I turned his head when he was asleep, but immediately went back. I try to limit gear but with a 2 year old in the house, the baby ends up in the bouncy seat and then there's the inevitable car seat. 

Gah.. I would really like to avoid any flat head syndrome stuff. I was lucky my first and didn't have any. 

Curious what others are doing for this ... and if I even posted this on the right board?? 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Also, newborn pics today!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @RunBooRun oh my goodness your story just made me laugh so much!! That sounds like something that could happen to me too - your mom & DH sound like they're a huge help, glad you've got support like that! Oh and now I want chocolate cake haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @shines721 my first developed a bit of a misshapen head, but as soon as she started holding her head up by herself it went back to being round as can be :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @shines721 Atticus definitely prefers one side over another. He's seeing the chiropractor anyway to help his reflux, so she's been working on loosening up that side of his neck, too. At home, I just make sure during tummy time to turn his head the other way sometimes. Like @CanadianintheSouth said, once they start holding their head up and sitting up, any flatness usually evens out.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @RunBooRun I love that you can laugh about it!! I might have cried a little in the midst of such an experience ;) 

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    Baby's on his second nap today!  I just might be fixing his sleep! Going to return to using the rock n play tonight since that's what got him the most sleep.  Poor guy is so sleep deprived!
  • Options
    shines721 said:
    Does anyone's baby favor one side of their head?

We're in the fun balding stage and using hydrocortisone cream to combat some cradle cap so it's hard to see the true shape of the head.

However, during the bath, I noticed he is looking a little lopsided. The flatter part is on the side that he always turns. I turned his head when he was asleep, but immediately went back. I try to limit gear but with a 2 year old in the house, the baby ends up in the bouncy seat and then there's the inevitable car seat. 

Gah.. I would really like to avoid any flat head syndrome stuff. I was lucky my first and didn't have any. 

Curious what others are doing for this ... and if I even posted this on the right board?? 
    This thread is for anything!! :)
    Try switching what side of the cot you place his head on...not which way he's looking, but how he's laying. He might naturally be turning toward/away from a lighy or something. And watch whether you always hold him the same way and switch it up. Some people swear by chiropractor care.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SienaC said:
    I just gave DD a bath and wrapped her up in a little hooded towel and she was being so cute and happy I decided to just hold her and rock her a little while before putting lotion on and redressing her.... Not even 30 seconds later she peed all down the front of me and all over the kitchen floor  :D I have now officially been covered in spit up, poop, and pee by this little girl lol #motherhoodisglamorous 
    Hildy peed on my stomach as we were doing skin to skin right after she was born  :D
    I got pooped on!! I didn't realize this was possible since babies ((DD1) don't poop till a day or two after birth. 
  • Options
    Heyyyy.  
    I feel extra dizzy when I spend time on my phone. :(
    I miss my bump addiction day
  • Options
    @kjd291 I hope you are able to get your appointment soon and they don't make you keep waiting! 

@longliveregina I unofficially got the go ahead on Monday at my appointment.. or at least the clear for 6 weeks which is Tuesday. I haven't completely shared that knowledge yet! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited April 2017
    @jenny0228 yes! My sister told me to buy them, let me know how they work out for you!! This morning around 7:30 DS had 3 back to back diaper changes, first was mixed, second was pee, third poo... the second new diaper wasn't fully on him yet though when he started spraying up & out - all over him & all down the wall behind his dresser/changing area...so that was just lovely lol at least I was able to laugh through it all knowing it's probably the first of many like that unfortunately. DH was helping & doing the diaper so I guess he wasn't fast enough & didn't cover DS's peepee in time...oh well, lesson learned haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had "pee pee tee pees" with DS...they did work to contain the pee so it didn't shoot everywhere including his face and the carpet.
  • Options
    My cleavage is proving quite useful this morning as it's caught all the crumbs from the crackers I ate...Now I'm wondering if I'm actually a messy eater & just never noticed before since I didn't have boobs, or if I'm just having a messy morning...
    Haha. I was just realizing this too!  all these shelf camis I'm wearing are storing a large amount of crumbs. 
  • Options
    S/O... Can anyone recommend a good shelf Cami clip down nursing tank? Mine are all worn out. I don't want shape wear just a good tank top.