Infertility

April IUI

Re: April IUI

• @funkykey Thanks, praying this cycle being so different works.
  • lindyc13lindyc13 member
    edited April 2017
    @imajin99 my RE says the follicles will be at 20 or above when they pop. And they do grow pretty rapidly so in 24hrs that might be perfect. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Imajin99 I have had 2 different RE's and both will trigger at 17mm your follies should grow 1-2mm a day so by the time they are released they should all be OK. GL!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @lindyc13 and @wabash15 Thank you.

IUI is done, DH had 54 million post-wash and 97% motility, now the 2 ww.
  • Imajin99 said:
    @lindyc13 and @wabash15 Thank you.

IUI is done, DH had 54 million post-wash and 97% motility, now the 2 ww.
    Those are amazing counts!! FX for you!!
  • J1006J1006 member
    Thanks for the chart @funkykey
  • Prob a dumb question, but when you are counting dpo or dpiui do you count the day you had it done?
  • Good luck @Imajin99 I am hopeful this works for you!! 
  • @morgan&paul2010 - I usually count dpo, but to be fair, dpo & dpiui are almost the exact same day. I count O as the day of or day after I have a positive OPK, and usually that's the same day I have an IUI. That said though, sometimes there is a bigger gap between when I have an LH surge and when I have strong pains that I suspect are ovulation - I think I see the surge usually 24 hours before, but sometimes as much as 36.

So much stuff that you never wanted to think about, hm? Like, I never wanted to know this much...
  • @morgan&paul2010 O day should be the day you do your IUI if you triggered... so since your a day ahead of me you would be 3dpIUI/dpo
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited April 2017
  • Hey all! I went in for my U/S today and I'll take my trigger shot tonight and go in for the IUI on Sunday. I'm SO excited because it was a 50/50 chance (one of my tubes is blocked). 

Thanks @funkykey for that chart! <3 
    *TW loss mentioned*

Me: 37 DH: 34 Married since September 28, 2014
    TTC since October 2014
    Me: one blocked tube DH: azoospermia
    BFP: March 2015 m/c at 4 weeks
    IVF #1: Feb 2017 (ER 2/7) - (DH sperm, BFN)
    IUI #1 (+clomid): April 2017 (donor sperm, BFN)
    IUI #2 (+femera): August 2017 (cancelled, ovulating on right side, which is blocked)
    IUI #3 (+femera): September 2017 (donor sperm, BFN)
    IVF #2: Nov 2017 
  • @rayoflight80
    Excited for you! FX! 
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • @rayoflight80 GL! how many follies do you have?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Good luck on Sunday @rayoflight80!

I am now 7dpIUI and so not supposed to test for 7 more days, but sent my nurse a silly email today which was "when can I start to test based on when my trigger shot was?" (to avoid false +s)  Of course she was like "TEST NEXT FRIDAY or possibly Thursday", and didn't answer my question. Haha.

We are meeting with our RE next Monday AM to talk about tweaking the meds for the next IVF cycle, so maybe paying several hundred $$ for an IVF appointment will tempt the fates into a successful IUI this time (I wish).

Well, happy weekend everybody!  I am also in CO @Irisheyes81; aren't we going to have a glorious Saturday? :)B)

Me: 34 ("unexplained IF"), DH: 40 (he is fine!), Married since 2013, 2 cats :)

TTC since Aug 2014

May 2016: laproscopy, found & removed moderate (stage III) endo (largest growth was on R ovary)

Summer/Fall 2016: 3x IUI w/ clomid & trigger shot, 3x BFN

Jan 2017: 2 months of lupron depot to quiet endo (ugh). Done!

March 2017: IVF #1 (antagonist) Cancelled/converted to IUI #4 on 3/31/17, CP :/

May 2017: IVF #1, try 2 (Lupron added). ER 5/23 (14 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen, 2 PGS normal). FET in late July!

• @daisy222-2 if you have not been testing out your trigger I would wait the full 7 days you have left, for some it's gone by now but I know others who have still had their trigger in their system 12-13dpiui.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Hi ladies!

IUI number: #2
    Date of planned IUI: ? April 11
    Test date: probably April 24 I'll test at home, beta will be scheduled for April 26 I'm thinking.

Favorite springtime activity: getting the yard looking more fresh! also eating ice cream again (I tend to avoid it in the winter)

Second IUI here.  Had my ultrasound yesterday and only had one follie (14 mm) so I go back tomorrow to see if it's grown to 18 mm - if it has, then we'll trigger and plan for IUI on Tuesday.  Feeling less hopeful this time as I only have the one and it's slower growing than last time (had two, biggest one was 25 mm on CD12!). I'll be taking progesterone suppositories this time and am not really looking forward to that!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Good luck @seethosestars! I agree the progesterone is no fun but if you can do it at night it hasn't been too bad. 
  • @wabash15
     I didn't know to ask about the follies... they said 2.4 but I think that was a measurement of some sort? I should have asked!
    *TW loss mentioned*

TTC since October 2014
    IUI #2 (+femera): August 2017 (cancelled, ovulating on right side, which is blocked)
  • Did my IUI this morning. WOW, I didn't realize it would hurt. They said I'd have some mild cramping. I don't know if it's because I have endo or I'm just weird, but it really hurt. I feel a lot better now, though.
    *TW loss mentioned*

TTC since October 2014
  • @rayoflight80 Congrats on being done! Mine have always hurt to some extent. the first 2 hurt a lot and the 2nd 2 less so, not sure why. I think maybe I was more relaxed for the more recent ones. But then I have always had mild cramps for the next 3-4 days also. Glad you feel better now.

Thanks @wabash15. I will try my hardest to wait (just 5 more days now).  I've never tested the trigger b/c I'm weird I guess. I've never seen a + test after all these years (I know I am not alone here obviously) but I am worried it might mess with my head, even if I know full well its a false +. I don't know if that makes any sense.

TTC since Aug 2014

May 2016: laproscopy, found & removed moderate (stage III) endo (largest growth was on R ovary)

May 2017: IVF #1, try 2 (Lupron added). ER 5/23 (14 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen, 2 PGS normal). FET in late July!

• @daisy222-2 the first time we were trying I never tested out my trigger... I have this time but as more of a science experiment! The wait is brutal, hang in there.
    @rayoflight80 it sounds like you had a 24mm follie, glad your IUI is done, sometimes they are easy-breezy and other times they hurt like a B, especially if they have trouble getting through the cervix!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @daisy222-2 I haven't tested out my trigger before either, the earliest I have tested was 9 dpiui and it was negative so I guess the trigger was gone by then.

@rayoflight80 my first IUI hurt a lot and was squeezing my DH hand really hard but they told me they had some trouble with the angle.  2nd and 3rd went fine and didn't feel too much pinching but cramps after.

• Hi everyone! I am now officially in April IUI although it could potentially be at beginning of May. This will be my 3rd iui. I met with my RE today and she switched me to injectables. So this cycle I will be taking 7.5 letrozole days 5-9 and then Gonal-f injections beginning around day 10. I will also have a trigger shot. My RE also is putting me on metformin - which she says will help with my uterine lining as well as to lose weight. She recommends only a few rounds of injectables and then probably a move to IVF. We are OOP so not sure we will go that route. They do have some trials that if I can lose some weight I might qualify for! We shall see- hopefully this cycle is successful and won't have to go down that route. Anyone else take metformin or gonal-f- what are the side affects like??
  • Good luck @bpietronicco! Let's hope 3rd time is a charm. I am interested in how the metformin works. 
  • Hi ladies - I'm having a rough day.  My follicle started shrinking so my cycle has been cancelled.  I think the hardest part is I didn't even think this was a thing that could happen.  The RE I saw didn't have much of an explanation but thought maybe I had already ovulated very early.  The plan is to do 10 mg of letrozole and start my ultrasounds right on Day 8 next month.  I can't help but think they don't know what they're doing or that IUI just isn't that important to them.

I also had one of those awkward "you're pregnant, right?" "no I'm just fat, thanks" moments today at work that was just like salt on the wound. ugh!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP

• @bpietronicco - That is awesome news re: the trials! Good luck with the weightloss - what a motivator though. Though, of course, I hope this IUI works and that you don't need to be a trial participant. ;)

@Funnygirl34 - great news! Congratulations! I was so sad when I thought you were out - being out SUCKS. (I'd venture so far as to say... the only thing worse than being actively undergoing IF treatments is to be told you cannot pursue IF treatments...)

@seethosestars - ugh, I'm so sorry. That sucks. I didn't think that was a thing that could happen either - that's the worst part of IF, getting waylaid by all these weird phenomena you've never even heard of. Like: "Surprise, you have a complex cyst. We don't know how this happened, but you're out." One step forward, three steps back. And agreed - so much of what my clinic does is like: "try something different and wait and see". It's really hard to feel like you're a priority. You've really got to be your own priority.

I cannot believe someone at work asked you that. Were they transplanted from the stone age? I thought everyone knew that was a rude and inappropriate question?! Ugh. So obnoxious, sorry you had to deal with that.

• @seethosestars OMG what is wrong with people.  I hope you made them feel super uncomfortable. Sorry you had to deal with that, and even more sorry your cycle was cancelled. So frustrating. And I often have the same feeling about how my clinic is not keeping a close enough eye on things. I don't think they understand how big of a deal this is for us (financially, emotionally, etc). Its one reason I don't feel bad about being super annoying (calling and messaging a lot if if I think something is off or if I don't 100% understand something). I'm not sure it helps, but it makes me feel more in control. And like all of the thousands of dollars are going for something. Hah.

Funnygirl34 Yay! Happy news that the cyst is gone! I am also impressed by your ability to take fractional vials of Menopur. I feel like in my early morning, caffeine-free state, I would surely mess that up. :D

TTC since Aug 2014

• daisy222-2 Well don't be too impressed yet!  I haven't done it yet! HAHA!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Hoping for baby dust for us all!

1st IUI schedules for April 21st. 
    Test day the week of May 5th. 
    Baseline ultrasound done yesterday, April 10th
    Follicle U/S date April 19th...praying for more than 1 big one this month!

Anyone else doing femara / letrozole & follistim? 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @Funnygirl34 hooray for being back!! GL this cycle!!
    @seethosestars hugs.  I have heard of follicles shrinking before... I actually think it just happened to one of the IVF ladies last month. I think in her case the RE thought in retrospect that they stimmed too long... I hope that more early monitoring will catch those follies next time. Hugs again. oh and WTF to the person who asked if you were pregnant. Don't they know you NEVER ask that question even if your 1,000% sure they are?!?
    @kristimh80 GL with your US, I did letrozole but not follistim. Just as an FYI the term "baby dust" can be very painful to any loss mama's out there who had to have their babies cremated. It may be better to just wish everyone good luck. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• J1006J1006 member
    @kristimh80 I am using 5mg of letrozole, but not follitism.  I'm only one day ahead of you in your cycle! My doctor chose to skip baseline ultrasound since we are dealing with MFI. My follicle ultrasound is scheduled for the 18th and IUI hopefully the 20th. 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited April 2017
    @wabash15 Oh...I had no idea, thanks for bring that to me attenion! and thank you :)
    @J1006 That's awesome! I'm also doing 5mg Femara. Interesting, my dr makes me do a baseline every cycle to make sure no cysts formed from my previous cycle. You are lucky, I could do without them! lol 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Hey ladies!!! I took a month off but I will be back at it next month. Im praying for you all! I hope to hear some BFP's! 

Also did anyone use clomid first and then injectables? Did you notice a difference? The reason Im asking is because everything is OOP and its Clomid $30 vs $1000 for injectables) my RE said injectables are more aggressive.

Thank you!! FX!
    **Child mentioned**
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    Unexplained infertility

Married 11/12
    TTC 4/13
    IUI # 1 5/13 BFN
    IUI # 2 6/13 BFP
    DD born on 2/14

TTC 11/16
    IUI #1 1/17 BFN
    IUI #2 2/17.BFN
    IUI #3 3/17....
  • @londonsmom-2 - see if they have any samples- I am starting on injectables with letrozole this cycle if AF will ever start and my RE sometimes has samples that they save for us OOP patients!
  • @bpietronicco I took metformin many years ago and had to quit after a month because I had bowel movements 6-8 times a day. I asked my dr if that's how he intended me to lose weight lol!! I was found not to be insulin resistant so it didn't make any weight difference for me. Are you pcos? 
  • @bpietronicco I take a crap ton of metformin actually (2200 mg). I am thin non insulin resistant but have PCOS.  The metformin took my testosterone down so there must be something related to insulin with it all.  I had zero apatite on it. I couldn't keep weight on.  I got used to it over time but at first, the thought of eating made me sick. I wouldn't even salivate.  It was crazy. It is a wonder drug though.
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18