September 2016 Moms
Options

mommy confessions

2»

Re: mommy confessions

• Options
    @molosmiles That sounds amazing! Hope you had a nice day. You deserve it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @molosmiles that's awesome! I usually do that on my b day and drink by the pool :)
  • Options
    @hejo2016 I know what I'm doing this year for my birthday now! Ha ha. That sounds awesome.
  • Options
    Dylan woke me up twice overnight so at 650 this morning when he woke up again I just pretended to still be asleep so my husband would get up to get him because I just didn't want to get out of bed again...some days the tiredness is just too much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol! I've totally done that...Some days I just appreciate it if he can just get her bum changed before I have to get up to feed her.
  • Options
    Actually I just accused my husband of doing this! haha Really just picking on him because I'm so tired. I said, "Man I know you hear your boy crying and you just wait for me to get up." He admits, "Yeah sometimes I do." The unfortunate thing about Luke is that his bedtime is usually between 5 and 6 o'clock pm so I still end up getting up in a few hours after I finally get to bed. He gets his 8 hours in and then starts eating every 3 hours until his bedtime the next night. My husband has a stressful job so I make sure he gets every ounce of sleep he can but man when 1 or 2 am roll around and I'm getting my best hours of sleep I secretly hope he'll jump out of bed for me. These days will be over soon so I suppose I'll survive. haha ;-)
  • Options
    jln27jln27 member
    I worked so hard to be able to EBF Sylvia and now I can't wait for her to be done.

I'm cutting it off at a year old. I can barely handle it now. She chews and rolls my nipple in her mouth, and pinches, scratches, and pulls with her hands, and it's driving me up the wall. I cry when I breastfeed her sometimes.

We started solids but we're still just experimenting. She'll eat maybe a teaspoon or two of solid food, which is normal, but I wish she was more interested. I feel so stupid and selfish wishing breastfeeding was over when I spent so much time being upset that it wasn't going well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jln27 don't feel bad at all! I'm wanting to quit pumping at work but also feel so guilty. I've cut it down to once a day. I get two bottles out of it. Breastfeeding is not easy!! We all do our best and liking it is not necessary.
  • Options
    @jln27 don't feel guilty I feel the same way! He is starting to get more distracted and play around alot while breastfeeding and the whole time I'm just wishing he would hurry up and eat! My goal is to just make it to a year. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally understand. My LO scratches at my sides while he nurses and has recently started pulling off the breast and pinching at my nipple which kills. I try and stop him but he does it so fast!

The thing which really makes me want to quit breast feeding is the pumping. I am so sick of pumping! I am sick of my boobs hurting because I have to pump. I am sick of washing pump parts. I'm sick of bagging milk. I cannot wait for that stuff to be done with. 
  • Options
    I'm with you all on this one. Just hoping to make it to a year as well. She's a champ at eating solids so hopefully the transition will go okay.

I don't mind the nursing so much now ( except for the couple of bite downs and those pinchy little fingers...) but the pumping is getting old, especially in the middle of the night. 

Stm's when do they stop needing a bottle before bed? 
  • Options
    @jellybiehn we never did a bottle before bed, but I breastfed my oldest until 19 mo and my son until over 2yrs. Both nursed before bed all the way til the end. Not that it was NEEDED, but it was a comfort/routine thing