September 2016 Moms
Options

mommy confessions

Have been meaning to start this thread for a while, thought it might be a fun non-judgey place to share stories of motherhood... good or bad. I hope no matter what we confess that we can all support each other here.

Re: mommy confessions

• Options
    My confession for today is that I may have positioned my LOs swing so she can watch TV....I noticed one day that it calmed her down and I just needed a break. I didn't  even put cartoons on, she is watching some cheesy Christmas movie with me. Totally melting her brain, right? Lol.
  • Options
    We watch shows with baby girl all the time. Recently she's started staring at phone and computer screens too... Oops lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol no I do that with X. I'll position his bouncer so he can see the TV. He has actually contested himself so he can see the TV. He can't make it out yet but the colors and noise entertain him. When he gets older we will start putting Sprout channel on for him...melt my brain lol.
  • Options
    Yep our LO loves looking at the tv...I used to try to get him to focus on something else but he would just look around it to the tv so I gave up. Lol

My confession is as soon as my husband gets home I hand him the baby and say I need to pee...when in fact most times I don't I just want a few minutes of quiet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad you guys posted about TV because I was going to ask that question. My LO has started to love watching TV. At first I used to turn the tv off or turn him away, but now I find myself letting him watch for a few minutes at a time while I go to the bathroom or make myself something to eat. I feel so guilty especially since my H is very against TV until after 2 years. 
  • Options
    I realized Luke like watching tv one morning when we were up at 5am watching the morning news. It's the funniest thing because even at his tiny age he prefers sports. He'll stop kicking and playing with his fingers of football or basketball highlights come on the tv. No joke!
  • Options
    I asked my pediatrician about screen time and she said absolutely none under 2 yrs. well I don't think that's possible. She cranes her neck no matter what way she's facing. But she will get far less when I'm back to work. I can only go so long in complete silence in the house. I spend too much time on my phone. Some days I struggle to feed myself because I put her before me. We tried moving her to her crib last night despite the recommended 6 month move, but she did so well. Slept in there 9-6:30 (not straight!). So proud but I did have a nightmare last night. Likely because of my anxiety having her in her own room. Boo!
  • Options
    I'd feel like a hypocrite trying to hide screens from her. And like others have posted she also cranes around trying to see the TV and computer, which is all the way across the room. I was raised with a computer, and while I don't want her to have excessive access, it would be just about impossible to shelter her from screens all the time. She gets plenty of playtime and we read to her so it's not the only thing entertaining her. :p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll admit that I will put him in his bouncer and put Sprout channel or Nickelodeon on so I can get a shower or eat. We have to take care of ourselves too. Plus we aren't rotting their brains. Technology is going to be a big part of their generations lives so we can't shelter them from it forever.
  • Options
    I think I have WAY more confessions about my older kids :) Probably the worse that pops in my head for the baby is many, many times I've picked up the pacifier off the ground/parking lot/floor at Target... Building immunities right??
  • Options
    Oh my kid will have the best immune system. We live with a very large hairy dog, nothing we have is hair free, even our dinners! I do wash it if it hits the floor cause I know how often I (don't) wash my floors, but I am constantly pulling dog hairs off it before giving I to her. Dog hair is everywhere.... immunity all the way right?
  • Options
    I was stuck at home all day yesterday and I finally blew up at DH, started balling and told him I needed to get out of the house. I only went to the grocery store, but I felt better after!
  • Options
    @sbrown I had a meltdown last week too. My husband was out of town for work for 3 days. It was cold so I stayed indoors the entire week. To make matters worse my LO decided to go through a sleep regression last week and was really difficult to get down. By the time my husband got home on Thursday night I was in tears. I had total cabin fever, and felt so lonely and tired while he was gone.

On the plus side, my H has been great at being the primary caretaker on the weekends. All I really need to worry about is nursing or pumping, so it's nice to have a break. I was also able to get out for a few hours to have lunch with a friend.
  • Options
    My DH is out of town at work every weekday. He spends the nights there too. He is only home on the weekends. I have a full-time job and I'm trying to start wedding planning.  :s
  • Options
    The month of December sucks for us. My fiancé's family business is always crazy busy this time of year. So I have been having to do everything for the last two weeks. He goes into work around 9ish and sometimes doesn't get home until after 10pm or later. So on top of returning to work I also get to be the sole caretaker of X after work until Christmas.  Poor guy has had me meltdown on him like three times in the last two weeks. Just two more weeks to go.
  • Options
    I have more confessions with my older one. 
    I hide his lego bag so he won't dump them out everywhere. 
    My husband works at sprint and bough a prepaid phone so he could get a bonus on his commission and I totally gave it to him ( it's not activated, he just like some pretending to talk to people)
    I lay on the floor and let him crawl on me and brush my hair so I feel like I'm resting. 
    I let him have my makeup brushes because he likes copying me so he leaves me alone while I am getting ready 

Elias I don't have many confessions. He's too young to bother me LOL
  • Options
    Love tits to all you ladies dealing with this alone! It's tough!
  • Options
    So Xavier for awhile, like over a month, has not been pooping in his own. He has had maybe 4 or 5 movements in the last month and half. Pediatrician was aware of it. So that being said, I got use to not having to change many poopy diapers. Well that has changed. Since Wednesday last week, he has popped 4 out of 6 days on his own. I miss not having to clean poopy diapers or worry about it getting all over him and his clothes....I'm such a sad mommy lol.
  • Options
    Yeah my LO still goes several times a day. Some days are good but somehow it keeps going right up her back! Good thing resolve works so well, I havnt had a onzie I couldn't save yet! 
  • Options
    We have a washer with a built-in sink in it that has been used a few times when he has blowouts. Luckily haven't lost an outfit yet either lol. It still amazes me how gravity defying baby poop is.
  • Options
    Gravity defying poop is right! I am continually amazed how poop can travel forward to my son's belly button and backwards up to his shoulders at the same time. Who knew?!
  • Options
    When I took the kids to my parents house in the Midwest this fall, my mom sent my son home with some boots. We live where boots are never needed. He LOVES them though. They are the kind with long laces and hook and eyes and getting them on a 3 yr old is SO ANNOYING. So I hid them. And he asks for the damn boots everyday and I feel slightly bad, but, eh....
  • Options
    Sbrown721Sbrown721 member
    edited December 2016
    I'm confused about baby age...my LO is 12 weeks old on Saturday, but he was born September 24. Is he 3 months on Saturday or on December 24?!  :#
  • Options
    He is 3 months old on the date. A month is not 4 weeks exactly. It is generally 30-31 days long. He will be 13 weeks when he is 3 months old.
  • Options
    Okay, so I recently had to switch out all the newborn sized onzies for the 3 month ones ( She will be 4 months soon so I did get a lot of good use out of them!) I didn't think I would care but I was having trouble letting them go! So I totally went out and bought the pack of my favourite ones in the 3 month size! 
  • Options
    I totally hear you on that one. I just recently did the same thing. Glad I did because didn't realize all the cute 3 months onesies he had. We have been putting him more in outfits that can double as PJs lately so the onesies are getting some use.
  • Options
    I feel you @jellybiehn. I hate the thought of my guy getting any bigger but he's a behemoth! He was almost totally out of Newborn at 5 weeks. Now he is almost too tall for 3 month stuff. I've bought some of the super cute stuff in multiple sizes (Have you seen the Gnome stuff from the Gap? I can't resist it!). I feel like that definitely helped ease the transition to bigger clothes.
  • Options
    Planning a wedding after being on unpaid maternity leave is a pain. I feel like I'm about to explode with all the costs and what not. And then being a new mommy on top of all that is insane.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 Sorry! That sucks. I didn't enjoy wedding planning and I can't even imagine doing it at a time like this. Good luck! It's worth it in the end, and I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding.
  • Options
    I just never realized how expensive it all is. The planning part is horrible per say it is the cost for everything that is getting me.
  • Options
    Yeah planning a wedding is no fun. I remember calling a place that was literally just an empty field about having my wedding there and they wanted $20,000. No chairs, no dinner, just an empty field. WTF?! 

If you can, try not to get too emotional about your wedding because it can cause you too add in money for things no one will notice of care about. That tip helped save me a lot.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 I'm trying to wedding plan too! It sucks!! There have been so many times where I've just had to walk away from it for a week or so. I have gotten nowhere with it!
  • Options
    I may be a weirdo but I loved planning our wedding. We were able to mostly stick to our budget by getting married in November so we got Friday night pricing on our venue since we got married in the off season. I also spent the money on things that I knew I would remeber such as my photographer and reception space and less on other things. I didn't pay for centerpieces for the tables I used What came already with the venue and our party favors where $1 scratch off tickets with a new penny and a sticker that said Lucky in love. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My confession for today : I made some more of the no bake lactation bites yesterday. I couldn't get them to stay in little balls so I pressed it all into a springform pan and am now cutting slices out and topping with ice cream...Still totally healthy right? Extra calcium is always good! 

That and I bought my little girl bunny slippers today...

• Options
    Omg that sounds amazing. Is there a link to these cookies/ice cream holders?
  • Options

https://teentoddlernewborn.com/2013/06/17/no-bake-lactation-bites-recipe/

I had some dried raspberry flavoured cranberries left so I used them instead of the chocolate chips this time. Really you can add just about anything to these and it would be good!

• Options