September 2017 Moms
Options

TWT 4/4

13»

Re: TWT 4/4

• Options
    Haha DH has had so many rings.. he takes them off any time he puts lotion on or washes his hands. Or goes to bed.. or whatever. I usually ONLY ever take my ring off if I put lotion on, then immediately put it back on! Anyway, I try to get him to stop taking it off for every freakin reason, but he won't. I feel like I have to buy him rings on a regular basis. I get him $10 rings off amazon anymore! I got him 3 or 4 for Christmas...
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lap018  I took the diamonds and platinum from my first marriage and turned it into a right hand ring. I've thought about selling it but it's a pretty ring and it has no emotional meaning to me. My mom has suggested many times i should give it to my brother to give to his girlfriend and I'm like uh no. Here take this ring from a failed marriage! Lol sounds like a bad omen. 
    I can see turning something like into a different piece because it is a beautiful stone but to actual use it for your next marriage?? I just cannot fathom it especially since he was POS, I would've sold it and used the money to treat myself and my kids to a very nice vacation. But that's just me. To each their own I guess but to me it just seemed like she liked having that big of a stone and didn't want to give up wearing it with the next husband
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited April 2017
    lap018 said:
    @lap018  I took the diamonds and platinum from my first marriage and turned it into a right hand ring. I've thought about selling it but it's a pretty ring and it has no emotional meaning to me. My mom has suggested many times i should give it to my brother to give to his girlfriend and I'm like uh no. Here take this ring from a failed marriage! Lol sounds like a bad omen. 
    I can see turning something like into a different piece because it is a beautiful stone but to actual use it for your next marriage?? I just cannot fathom it especially since he was POS, I would've sold it and used the money to treat myself and my kids to a very nice vacation. But that's just me. To each their own I guess but to me it just seemed like she liked having that big of a stone and didn't want to give up wearing it with the next husband
    Yeah my DH would have flipped if I had said oh I'll just use the same diamond. Probably would have ended our relationship honestly! And I would never ever want that ring in my current wedding set. 
    I love my current ring so much more! DH did such a good job picking it out. 

Side story: When DH proposed I knew what quality diamond he was wanting to buy so when I saw a little discoloration in the light I thought hmm, but just went on. Well months later there was a huge news story about a local retailer basically scamming people on diamond quality. DH walked in there and demanded he get the diamond he thought he was paying for and they gave us a bigger one. So this isn't even my original diamond lol. 
  • Options
    I used to wear my grandfather's ring around my neck. On our first date, DH briefly thought it was my old wedding ring from my POS ex. He actually asked. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    awildrose said:
    I feel like the next picture edition GTKY should be wedding rings now! 
    Well get out your magnifying glass guys lol. 
  • Options
    awildrose said:
    I feel like the next picture edition GTKY should be wedding rings now! 
    Well get out your magnifying glass guys lol. 
    Hahaha, we do need to do a picture thread this week! 
    Pregnancy Ticker