TTC after 35
Options

TTC over 35 weekly check in (week of 3.27)

2»

Re: TTC over 35 weekly check in (week of 3.27)

• Options
    @Labluver2 the IUI might be the answer for you. And I think it's really good you get to give it a few rounds to really give it a chance! I think everyone's familiar here that, due to timing and upcoming loss of this awesome insurance with $15k fertility bucket, we timed it out and could only do 2 IUI's before feeling we needed to take advantage of the ability to do one IVF. But I've heard cumulative success rates are best after 4 (only slightly less after 3) so I would have done 4 if I could have. Anything to avoid this box of drugs staring at me that covers my whole dining room table when taken out lol! So best wishes to you!
  • Options
    @liljoy congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started lightly spotting yesterday which is weird because I've had 16 day LPs since the loss and currently I'm 11DPO so I guess the prog. is shortening my cycles?  IDK I give up lol.
  • Options
    @liljoy wow! I was told my number was high, but 300 is amazing! How many embryos did you transfer? 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @liljoy congratulations!! Such amazing news!!

I sent a message to the nurse & doc about what the numbers were. She ordered a qualitative and not quantitative, test was negative is all they can tell me. This is my family doc, I see the RE on Thursday. HPTs & OPKs still negative and no symptoms at this point. I honestly think AF is super late or I'm just skipping it this month. These eggs and ovaries need to get it together! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited April 2017
    @katekate628 You may have an annovulatory cycle. I had maybe 3 in my life, after being sick or stressed. 
    @PoeMasque I transferred one. Good luck to you on Sunday, my 2nd beta is on Monday, it needs to quadruple by then. Sooo nervous because I'm at risk due to endometriosis. 

Thank you ladies, it's so surreal. I wish all of us here get our miracles, age be damned. 
  • Options
    @PoeMasque and @liljoy congrats on your BFP!!!!!! 

@liljoy we have an appt with a new RE on April 11th I want a second opinion just for peace of mind and also they were willing to work with our finances BC our insurance doesn't cover anything but dianostics. If everything works out and we get the go hopefully next cycle which would be the end of April beginning of May. 

• Options
    @Labluver2 Are they giving you a discount?
  • Options
    @liljoy when did you start using opks (if you did) when you had your annovulatory cycle? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Options
    @vlagrl29 not a discount but they said we could workout payments for the monitoring cycle. The actual IUI is 350 which I can do its all the ultrasounds and blood work in between that gets pricy. I don't understand why insurance would cover it when we were going thru diagnostics but not when its considered treatment when its the same tests they are doing. The other place wanted 1300 a month for the cycle. I'll know more after our consult on the 11th. That's a lot of money considering it may not work. I think they will only let me do 6 IUI with clomid so I'm willing to give that a try but my husband and I talked and I just don't want to persue anything after that. I just can't go thru that emotionally and all the drugs with IVF. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 - I hear ya on that and I get really stressed with debt.  I'd rather have a savings and be able to sleep at night than to have a huge loan for something that may not actually work.

DH and I talked today about insurance options.  I was thinking that if I got AF in a few days which its looking that way because I've been lightly spotting the last 3 days - that we would get the bronze plan for the rest of the year. Higher Ded but lower premium.  Then we were talking and if BCBS pulls out like I suspect in 2018 then that only leaves us with Cigna as an option on the exchanges and the hospital they go to isn't the one I'm at right now.  So if I did get pregnant this year then I'd owe my current OB for their charges, have to switch to another.  We are going to keep current plan if that's the case because my indiv ded is $600max and the bronze is $6000max - quite a difference.  Then at the end of the year if I'm not pregnant I will switch to Cigna because they have fertility coverage and we would peruse and RE at that time.  I would want to try clomid by itself first and then with IUI - but nothing more than IUI.  I have a good friend who did 4 rounds of IUI and nothing.  She gave up and 2 years later she conceived naturally at age 36. 

we also talked today about my mental state since the loss we had in December.  I just seriously can't handle any more stress - every time I get a period it reminds me of what I lost and I end up crying.  I'm going to focus on my business - get some more students, network more for gigs.  that stuff makes me happy.  he said he would do all the worry with getting pregnant lol.  He still has so much more hope and I am hanging on with a thread of hope.

• Options
    @vlagrl29 yes this whole process is stressful and emotional. We took a break for a few months still tried naturally but it took that pressure of always being at the drs and the tests and ultrasounds and financial end of things. I'm 38 so I guess thats why they were pushing with IUI. I asked if I could try a few rounds of just clomid but he pretty much told me my odds were pretty slim so it would just give me peice of mind to get a second opinion. 

I don't know why insurance has to be so difficult I think all insurances should offer infertility coverage. Its a medical condition. 

I'll be 38 so I feel like I'm running out if time especially since I would like 2 kids and I'm having this much trouble having one.

Will say a prayer for you that you get a BFP soon. I'm in fertile week and vacation which is good BC I will relaxed not tired from work. 

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited April 2017
    Enjoy your vaca @Labluver2. I'm not far behind you I'm 36. I could do just clomid with my OB but I'm scared of multiples or messing something up because I've heard you should be closely monitored with that stuff.
  • Options
    Quick update, beta #2 was 378, so now we wait for an ultrasound on the 25th (so far away!). I will likely linger for a while here if that's ok.....feeling like I can't completely feel at ease until we see a heartbeat. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited April 2017
    Hi ladies, so **TW** my 2nd beta was 2,200! Phew. Now I can relax juuust a little bit. Of course, next hurdle is the first US in 2 weeks, yayks, I thought it could be a bit earlier to see if there's a sac in the right place. 
    I'll also still linger here to cheer you ladies on, if that's ok. Good luck!

@PoeMasque Yay, happy for you! See you on the other side of this board? :)
  • Options
    @PoeMasque and @liljoy great news ladies!!!! Will keep my fingers crossed everything continues to go well!!!!
  • Options
    @PoeMasque and @liljoy - that's great news on the numbers!  I completely understand lingering.  I'll be the same way.
  • Options
    @PoeMasque and @liljoy yes, please stay! I totally understand being hesitant to leave just yet, and also, I need your support through my ER for the next few weeks! :#
  • Options
    @Labluver2 hope your vacation is fantastic! **TW** just going to throw this out there that I was 38 when DH and I took a cruise during what we loosely thought was FW and 9 months later... ** end TW**
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 one reason our RE used Femara versus clomid four out IUI's was because that drug has a significantly less risk of multiples, so if that's a concern then maybe you could address with your doctor when/if you get to that point. I know it gave me some relief going with the Femara. Also, side effects were minimal compared to what I'd heard with Clomid.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea that's what I'm hoping for  since I'll be more relaxed!!!!! A week from today I have an appt with the RE!!! I'm CD 11 I normally ovulate around CD 14 2 cycles ago I ovulated late at day 17. I've been charting so I normally BD or try to everyday starting CD 12 until the day after my temp spikes. 

I'm not giving up it just may take me longer. 
  • Options
    @Momifbysea- I told DH on Sunday that I just need to go back to Hawaii - that's all I need just to get away from life but we don't have the money right now lol.

If it got to that point I would totally do Femera over clomid - I even heard that Femera could be covered by insurance if you don't have fertility coverage because it's also used for something else.

Just waiting for AF to start on Thursday at 16dpo - I really hope I'm not one of those that doesn't start period due to these suppositories.  OB said if it hasn't started by cycle day 40 then they will give me medicine to jump start AF - if that's the case I will probably stop taking these things because I don't want long cycles that have to be jump started every month.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I like hearing it, too  :)@Labluver2 I'm totally with ya there girl. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @vlagrl29
    @Momifbysea
    Yes, and Femara has additional advantages: it doesn't thin the lining, quite the opposite, it helps with anti-inflammation and makes the lining more receptive, and quiets down any microscopic endometriosis, which exists in a lot of infertile women.