May 2017 Moms

Unpopular Opinion 3/30/17

2»

Re: Unpopular Opinion 3/30/17

• @kat81 I agree that some times it's over the top. We will be gone from baby for 3-4 days when he is about 12 weeks old, so I am going to try to build up enough to get through those days. Hopefully not causeing over supply. However if I can't and formula has to be used it won't be the end of the world. Just going to take it day by day, but in that instance I will need probably close to 75-80 oz  :| I figure if I can get two oz a day extra after a few weeks I should be ok. 

So i understand the need/want to build up a supply. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kat81 I agree feed the baby not your freezer but with nicu mom's the mom almost always pumps more than baby can eat early on which will cause a bigger stash. That's just from my exclusive pumping fb group visual experience. Thankfully my son did drink the frozen stuff some women freeze a ton then baby doesn't drink it! I wish I could have pumped enough to donate without causing discomfort to myself but I was a just enougher till I got mastitis then I had to supplement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Regarding an oversupply/stash, while I have not experienced that, I think it's great when it does happen. Some moms that I know that experienced too big of a stash end up donating the extra milk.

• schnitz9 said:
    sarah0985 said:
    I'm Squirtgun said:
    bacorrea said:
    **snip**
    I think that phrases in the bathroom like "get naked" are tacky.
    **snip**
    I am so confused by this sentence. I tell my daughters "it's time to get naked" before every bathtime. Is this tacky and I just don't know it? Is this a thing? Why do you care what I'm saying in my bathroom?  So many questions. 
    I read it as she didn't like the signs with sayings on them. 
    But the way you said it now has me laughing and wondering the same thing as you. 

This reminds me of a cross stitched sign that my grandmother had hanging in her guest bath. It read "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie..." I laughed everytime......
    Omg, I love that. When my H's best friend got married, I made them the cross stitch sign below. I love a good cross stitch saying around the house.

I just want to know if cocain was acceptable elsewhere in the house, just not the bathroom?
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • RedInLove said:
    Omg, I love that. When my H's best friend got married, I made them the cross stitch sign below. I love a good cross stitch saying around the house.

There's this subversive cross stitch pattern book that I want SO BAD but just don't have the time to take on a new stitch project now that I'm doing a year long stitch along. But I fully intend to make something like this for our bedroom one day. 

And one for each room you've had sex in right? :D
  • RedInLove said:

There's this subversive cross stitch pattern book that I want SO BAD but just don't have the time to take on a new stitch project now that I'm doing a year long stitch along. But I fully intend to make something like this for our bedroom one day. 

And one for each room you've had sex in right? :D
    But of course!!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • schnitz9 said:
    sarah0985 said:
    I'm Squirtgun said:
    bacorrea said:
    **snip**
    I think that phrases in the bathroom like "get naked" are tacky.
    **snip**
    I am so confused by this sentence. I tell my daughters "it's time to get naked" before every bathtime. Is this tacky and I just don't know it? Is this a thing? Why do you care what I'm saying in my bathroom?  So many questions. 
    I read it as she didn't like the signs with sayings on them. 
    But the way you said it now has me laughing and wondering the same thing as you. 

This reminds me of a cross stitched sign that my grandmother had hanging in her guest bath. It read "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie..." I laughed everytime......

I want this!
  • My UO for the week- Not everyone wants to hold your child or pet your new puppy.  

Don't bring your 9 week old puppy into my office and then hold it out like an offering and wait for me to touch it. I'm very germaphobic right now and I don't like pets. I like holding babies but I'll ask if I want to. 
  • kayemjay2 said:
    fbmandy55 said:
    My UO for the week- Not everyone wants to hold your child or pet your new puppy.  

Don't bring your 9 week old puppy into my office and then hold it out like an offering and wait for me to touch it. I'm very germaphobic right now and I don't like pets. I like holding babies but I'll ask if I want to. 
    My UO: I don't like people who don't like puppies.

(Mostly) kidding, @fbmandy55 - I do understand that it's inappropriate to bring into an office setting. Although I would be nothing short of thrilled if someone brought a puppy to my work. I'd prefer that over someone bringing their baby actually...maybe that makes me a terrible person. 
    Eh, if it makes you feel any better, I'd feel the same way if someone held out a baby without asking if I wanted to hold it too. 
  • I'm not comfortable asking to hold someone's baby (I'm afraid they'll break) but I never really offered to let people hold DD (some part of me was like "she's mine, get your own")

i pumped more than I needed when DD was young, but my supply started dropping before we hit a year so that over supply got us to the finish line. 

Maybe I'm missing something with the leggings thing, did the rules expressly forbid them?  Or is it vague dress appropriate language and a normal person wouldn't have questioned it?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MollyandD I agree with you. I don't want to tell everyone all day it's a girl I'm due may 14th I'm feeling good it's my second he was a boy yes perfect set not sure if it's last pregnancy. My coworkers used to joke I needed a long sign to wear with all my answers
  • Yiggle09 said:
    @MollyandD I agree with you. I don't want to tell everyone all day it's a girl I'm due may 14th I'm feeling good it's my second he was a boy yes perfect set not sure if it's last pregnancy. My coworkers used to joke I needed a long sign to wear with all my answers
    Omg you quoted the exact same thing I saw everyday (except I had a girl first and now a boy). I want to pull my hair out!! I would also add no he doesn't have a name
    yet, yes we have a list. Blah blah blah leave me alone! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Yiggle09 said:
    @MollyandD I agree with you. I don't want to tell everyone all day it's a girl I'm due may 14th I'm feeling good it's my second he was a boy yes perfect set not sure if it's last pregnancy. My coworkers used to joke I needed a long sign to wear with all my answers
    @MrsFreeman2010 @MollyandD t-shirts. We need t-shirts with the details. Lol.