May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 3/28

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Team pink/blue/green?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here? (Baby related and non baby related) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 3/28

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsFox2008 - Yay for new clothes! I'm banking tax return money to use on new clothes after I return to a somewhat workable size. I have a friend of a friend who helps with that sort of thing professionally, and I may hire her for help!

@MrsCPALeslie - Good luck at your appointment! I hope you get encouraging news. I saw the pics from your shower in that other thread. Loved your dress!

@lilylover27 - I hope your U/S goes well. I'm curious to hear how big baby is!
  • CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited March 2017
    @MrsFox2008 hope you start feeling better soon!

@MrsCPALeslie good luck at your ultrasound!

@slowmo we are planning on just putting our playpen in our room. I was given a 2nd hand bassinet but it looks like a death trap so I'm not going to use it.

How far along are you? 33 weeks!

How big is baby? Celery?

Any appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Mostly the same. I'm constantly clearing my throat though because of the heartburn and I think DH is going to murder me in my sleep soon.

Team pink/blue/green? Blue

Rants/Raves/Questions? My shower is also on Sunday! I'm so excited. I have a bunch of friends coming in from out of town that I don't get to see very often. My mom and girlfriend are hosting it at my house though since I'm practically housebound now and it just occurred to me yesterday that I have no idea how I'm going to get this place cleaned in time. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here? (Baby related and non baby related) Baby related: meeting him, snuggles, baby smell, watching DH be a dad. Non-baby related: wine, my hot tub, sex, yoga, walking, wearing my clothes again.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @slowmo we plan on using the Halo bassinet we are getting from our shower. I am not sure how it is though!
    @cherrybananas yay we are shower buddies! Mine is out but I wish they had it at my Mom's like I suggested.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsfox2008 Looking forward to DS's reaction too. He's 10 and has wanted a sibling to play with for so long! I asked him the other day if he was going to cry when he saw his baby sister and he said, "No. Well, maybe". He is so good with babies too! 

• @lilylover27 yay! I would have loved to do it somewhere else, because while I have room for 25 people in my house, it's not ideal. I'm seriously considering paying someone to help me clean.
  • @Louise_Belcher I'm so sorry for your DH. Is he getting a break after this semester or is he teaching during the summer as well?
  • @CherryBananas I would definitely consider hiring someone to clean or getting some family in on it!
    @Louise_Belcher so sorry your DH is being killed with work! I hope he can get a break soon! I hope your US goes well and baby isn't measuring too big! I am more curious to see what the OB says because she said they will re-measure and then we can discuss options. I am curious as to what these options are!
    @SWE2 I only got an ultrasound last time because I had a low lying placenta so they need to check to see if it moved up and figured why not measure baby at the same time! I was also curious because every time they felt my stomach they said he felt big! Well guess he is!
  • Happy Tuesday, ladies! I love how active our little ticker change group is...will post mine in a few minutes, but in the meantime...

@MrsFox2008 , I'm sorry you have a cold...I've been hanging onto one for like 3 weeks. It's SO annoying. 

@MrsCPALeslie & @fbmandy55, FX that your ultrasounds go well!!

@lilylover27 , I'm with you on waiting for the end of this discomfort. I feel like I'm constantly yelping and complaining. 

@slomo, @CherryBananas, I've started picking up bottles of wine in anticipation of being able to actually enjoy them in a few weeks and I CAN'T WAIT. For night sleeping, we are planning on using a Graco Rock and Play Bassinet--it's flat bottomed and super lightweight/easy to move from room to room. We also bought a little portable vibrator thingy to clip to the side, in case it turns out she's like my DS was and can't sleep without some kind of movement the first few weeks. 

@Louise_Belcher , ugh...I'm sorry. It sounds like your little family is under a tremendous amount of stress and pressure. Is there someone that could come and help with the evenings on your days off? Here's hoping for some relief for you both. 

@SWE2 , holidays with a new baby really are the sweetest! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo I know I say this every week but I can't believe how close you are! It's so exciting! 

I never thought I would miss alcohol as much as I do because I'm not a big drinker. Lately I've really been craving wine. And I miss rye & gingers so much!
  • @Kipperoo Oh man! 2 weeks! I have my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that it goes so smooth for you. Thanks for the support. I do feel bad for complaining. None of us have it easy right now. I think the wave of 3rd trimester emotions is hitting hard and my rock (DH) is feeling less then stable himself at the moment. We utilize our supports during the day extensively, but it doesn't leave much for evenings. We may need to ask for some more help to get us through the next few weeks. Also your comment about living with a stranger is exactly how I have been feeling. 
    @CherryBananas Thank you. He will have the summer off from teaching and currently does not have anything lined up to be doing (first time ever!). He is planning on starting private practice in July, but if he doesn't get his insurance panel paperwork in soon that will probably be pushed back. So despite having a newborn he may end up with some more sleep this summer then he has been getting this semester. Fingers crossed for good sleepers for everyone!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher sorry about all the stress your family is under. I hope his planning will be finished soon so it's one less thing off his plate. 

@Kipperoo I'm the same as @CherryBananas with saying I cannot believe how close you are! I still have 8 weeks and I was excited how close I was getting. 

I havent missed alcohol during during this pregnancy but last Friday was in the 80s!! (Back in the 40s-50s) I wanted a drink. It was the perfect day drinking weather. Plus I see that oberon is released for the season and I love it with an orange slice. 
  • @lilylover27 thanks! All went well bp is slightly elevated, we'll see how it is next week! 
    @slowmo DH and I plan to keep this LO in a bassinet for a few months then move her into her crib! 
    @CherryBananas Thanks!! Yay for your baby shower this weekend hope you get all you need :) 
    @fbmandy55 weekly appointments here too! 1cm dilated yay for progress. Sounds like y'all are ready to go. DH and I have a few more to dos are were set to go!! your son sounds sweet, I'm sure he'll make a great big brother. 
    @SWE2 great idea. I should have totally bought these cute shorts I saw today at target to be my motivation!!! 
    @Kipperoo I'm sorry, 3 weeks that's rough. Hope you feel better soon. Wow 2 weeks to go, getting so so so close. 
    @emilyalso yay for 1st hair cut. DH and I can't bring ourselves to give baby girl a hair cut and she's 2 1/2!!! Haha :) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Louise_Belcher  I'm so sorry to hear how rough your husband is having it.  Thirty-two weeks is a milestone according to the lovely app DH's company's health insurance puts out.  Apparently now baby would just be "preterm" or something.

How far along are you?  33 weeks

How big is baby?  Ferret

Any appointments this week?  None!

Symptoms?  Exhaustion, aches and pains, normal end of pregnancy complaints

Team pink/blue/green?  Pink

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Thank you all for the supportive blood pressure comments last week.  I didn't get back to the board in time to say it then without horribly bumping the thread.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here? (Baby related and non baby related)

Not being pregnant?  I practically skipped around the hospital after DS2's birth because I felt so much better not pregnant.  I'm looking forward to newborn snuggles and (hopefully) breastfeeding again too.  I'd like to be able to get back to being more active because endorphins do a lot for my mental health! 

Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!

• How far along are you? 34 wks

How big is baby? Butternut squash 

Any appointments this week? One Monday and another Thursday, and my first nst Thursday also

Symptoms? Dealing w some swelling, protein in urine and high blood pressure...hoping it's not pre-e

Team pink/blue/green? Double pink

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just holding out for test results and continued watching for developments in the pre-e department:/

Baby related: baby smells and cuddling
    non baby related: working out again, eating seafood, buying my new car:)
  • @0408Bear Hoping it's not pre-e for you! I've had high BP for years but somehow in pregnancy, it's been much lower. Pretty sure I'm just a freak of nature. 
  • Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update on my appointment yesterday! Little guy's femur bones were measuring on track at 34 weeks but his abdomen and his head were still ahead at 36 weeks. The doctors don't seem concerned but it make me nervous that now not everything is in proportion but they assured me it is within a normal range from each other. They are estimating he is about 6.3 pounds already and his heartrate was 143 which I was told was perfect. His kidney's, bladder and stomach all look great. He is measuring in the 77th percentile! Still have more fluid than normal, but it stood the same amount since last time, and they said it is just high but not where they have to be concerned. He is also still head down which is good. I go back in another 2 weeks for another ultrasound because even though they aren't concerned they said they want to keep and eye on his growth, maybe induce if he is too big? We will see! The OB did joke and say let's hope he comes sooner rather than later.

Oh and the OB thinks the rash on my stomach is the beginning of PUPPS which stinks. Still there today and itchy but I am not sure if I am comfortable with taking even doctor prescribed steroids or allergy medication. For now it is just Aveeno and cold compresses. 
  • @lilylover27 sorry about the PUPPS. Are the lotions and compresses helping? 

Totally understandable that you would be nervous about the discrepancy between his femur and other measurements, but good news that the docs aren't concerned! I'm glad they're going to keep a close eye on it for you. Thanks for the update :smile:
  • @CherryBananas so far the lotion and cold compresses are helping but it just started two days ago, I am hoping it stays contained to my stomach. I have read a lot of women have it spread to their legs, butt and back even.
  • All that worked for me with PUPPS was oatmeal baths 3xday...I can't tell you it was pleasant at all:/ it was awful. I also wasn't comfortable with the RX'ed allergy meds so I toughed it out with the baths. I feel for you and know your misery:/
  • @lilylover27 woo hoo to a good growth scan! I'm glad he's measuring good. He just needs a little more time to cook and hopefully will even out. Sorry about the PUPPS just add that to more uncomfortable third trimester symptoms. Luckily you only have 6 weeks if not sooner to go!
  • @lilylover27 I'm glad it's helping so far. I'll cross my fingers for you that it stays on your stomach.